There were some very unfortunate events in my childhood that caused it to be less than ideal, such as my parents getting divorced when I was in the 3rd grade. This caused me to have a lot of insecurities that still creep up every once in a while. My relationship with my father was not what I needed from him.
However, my mom worked very hard to try to make things up to us. She always made birthdays and holidays special, and took us on vacations whenever she could. I don't think I appreciated her then as much as I do now. Now I realize how hard she really did work and how much she went through and sacrificed to make sure we had what we needed.
I think the best thing to do with your past is learn from it, both from experience AND observation, and apply to the way you raise your own children.
My prayer everyday is that my daughter will have the secure and happy childhood that I didn't have, and I do everything in my power to make sure of it.
I had a wonderful childhood. It was full of adventures and learning. I saw my parents sacrifice for our family, even at a young age. I also saw my parents work through some very difficult situations with the intent of keeping our family in tact.
I could not ask for more guidance for raising my children than the example my parents set for me.
I'd say I had a pretty good childhood. There were a few unpleasant memories, but that's just a part of life. Now 6th grade thru 9th grade I would like to forget.
My childhood was hard, not necessary unhappy. My parents divorced when I was 3. I don't even remember them together. My father was not around at all. My mother tried to do everything she could to make us happy and have a normal life, but that is hard as a single mother. We had to do without a lot of material things. I had to take care of things and do a lot for myself that most kids don't. I think it has made me a better mother and wife.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
11 comments:
Wonderful!!!
I pray that my kids can look back at their childhood and think the same thing.
There were some very unfortunate events in my childhood that caused it to be less than ideal, such as my parents getting divorced when I was in the 3rd grade. This caused me to have a lot of insecurities that still creep up every once in a while. My relationship with my father was not what I needed from him.
However, my mom worked very hard to try to make things up to us. She always made birthdays and holidays special, and took us on vacations whenever she could. I don't think I appreciated her then as much as I do now. Now I realize how hard she really did work and how much she went through and sacrificed to make sure we had what we needed.
I think the best thing to do with your past is learn from it, both from experience AND observation, and apply to the way you raise your own children.
My prayer everyday is that my daughter will have the secure and happy childhood that I didn't have, and I do everything in my power to make sure of it.
Mine was very good. There are some things I want to do very different with my children, but overall I had a good expereince.
I had a wonderful childhood. It was full of adventures and learning. I saw my parents sacrifice for our family, even at a young age. I also saw my parents work through some very difficult situations with the intent of keeping our family in tact.
I could not ask for more guidance for raising my children than the example my parents set for me.
I'd say I had a pretty good childhood. There were a few unpleasant memories, but that's just a part of life. Now 6th grade thru 9th grade I would like to forget.
I had a wonderful childhood!!!
It was mostly good. Our lifestyle cause a few aches and pains, but overall it was good.
happy
My childhood was hard, not necessary unhappy. My parents divorced when I was 3. I don't even remember them together. My father was not around at all. My mother tried to do everything she could to make us happy and have a normal life, but that is hard as a single mother. We had to do without a lot of material things. I had to take care of things and do a lot for myself that most kids don't. I think it has made me a better mother and wife.
I have some good memories, but mostly negative. I'm trying to make that much different for my children.
Post a Comment