This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, September 29, 2008
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
If you could, would you choose to know what others said about you when you were not there?
17 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Wow....um, I don't think so. I worry about what others think of me, but I don't think I'd want to hear what's said when I'm not around, in case it was something bad.
I think it would be interesting to know....but I would just use it for evil! I would say thing in front of them so they would knew I knew what they had said about me!! ; ) See....evil!
I would like to know. I could some of the information to be more self aware. When people were being just hateful as opposed to venting then I would for sure use it to be evil..it's only fair!!
Probably not. I've had plenty of occassions when I've over-heard or ended up with an email/IM that I wasn't supposed to recieve and all it did was confirm my fears and feel even more like and outsider. No good has ever come from knowing.
I think not. People say mean, hurtful things out of their own insecurities most of the time and I don't know that their comments would be a true indicator of how to better myself anyway. Those type of comments can only be trusted from a true honest friend who'll tell you to your face.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
17 comments:
Wow....um, I don't think so. I worry about what others think of me, but I don't think I'd want to hear what's said when I'm not around, in case it was something bad.
I would love to know what others say when I am not there. Especially those relationships that I question already.
I don't want to know what others say about me or my family. The only thing that matters is what God thinks about us.
It might be nice to know occassionally but I wouldn't want to know on a regular basis.
NO WAY!!!
Ignorance is bliss.
No, never.
I think it would be interesting to know....but I would just use it for evil! I would say thing in front of them so they would knew I knew what they had said about me!! ; ) See....evil!
Given my history with being insecure about what people think about me I think it may be a really bad idea to actually know.
I would want to pick and choose who I heard, sometimes I wonder exactly what my closest friends think of me.
I would like to know. I could some of the information to be more self aware. When people were being just hateful as opposed to venting then I would for sure use it to be evil..it's only fair!!
yes. i want to know what others think so i can better myself. we all need reality checks once in a while.
Nupe. . . folks already tell me plenty enough.
No I don't think so, because people say things they don't mean sometimes. There are some things that we just weren't meant to hear.
No, I do not want to know. I agree with the person who says God is the only one who's opinion matters.
Probably not. I've had plenty of occassions when I've over-heard or ended up with an email/IM that I wasn't supposed to recieve and all it did was confirm my fears and feel even more like and outsider. No good has ever come from knowing.
Yes, I would like to know how I could improve on myself and what better way to learn the honest truth than to be a "fly on the wall."
I think not. People say mean, hurtful things out of their own insecurities most of the time and I don't know that their comments would be a true indicator of how to better myself anyway. Those type of comments can only be trusted from a true honest friend who'll tell you to your face.
Post a Comment