This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
a little "me time"?
For what completely self-indulgent thing have you blown off your children and/or spouse?
14 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I took a long weekend tri, alone, to visit a cousin. We played the whole weekend. Went shopping, ate out, shopped, ate, laughed and acted like we were 10 again. No kids, laundry, dishes or husbands. I was glad to get home. I can only handle freedom in small amounts.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
14 comments:
I took a long weekend tri, alone, to visit a cousin. We played the whole weekend. Went shopping, ate out, shopped, ate, laughed and acted like we were 10 again. No kids, laundry, dishes or husbands. I was glad to get home. I can only handle freedom in small amounts.
went "out" for a night - I was gone from 5 pm to 3 am the next morning. My husband was NOT too happy.
The Internet - hands down. In fact I'm doing it right now
Girls nights. I go out with my girlfriends, and forget about him & the kids. It's GREAT!
my husband and i once had some "alone" time locked in our room while our children fought in one of their rooms.
I take lots of baths to get away for a little while:)
i agree with anonymous #3...i said "let me finish this one thing for work and i'll be right there." and i'm here, commenting.
I put in a movie for them and then go to my room and read, look around on the Internet, or even take a nap.
Blogging!
too many to list, reading, blogging, facebook, tv...
the biggest is that i went to maui with a friend. my husband took a week off of work to stay at home with the kids.
the little things...internet, especially blogging.
blogging and soap operas (i know, i am a bad person)
Girls nights out, definitely. Some day I'm going to take a girls weekend trip somewhere and leave my husband with the baby!
Sometimes i tell my husband i have a stomach ache and lock myself in the bathroom with a book or magazine while he watches the kids.
Post a Comment