Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Should we distrust the man because his manners are not our manners?"

(Quote by James Fenimore Cooper in The Last of the Mohicans) What groups of people are you prejudiced against?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say I often prejudge homeless people and obese people

Anonymous said...

I would say some (not all) of the people that are on welfare. It makes me think they are just too laxy or stupid to make right choices.

Anonymous said...

The best way to describe it would be the kind of people you would most likly find on an episode of Maurie or Jerry Springer. Not because of their economic status or in some cases race, but because of the choices they make.

I would also have to say I have a tendency to think badly of women who dress or present themselves in a "less than modest" way.

Anonymous said...

Mine would be seemingly rich beautiful blonds who always get what they want.

I recognize that is my own jealousy.

Anonymous said...

For the longest time I didn't like people in suits or fine clothes. I had to made a real effort to talk with people that put so much money, time and effort into what they wore.
I have always felt more comfortable with average or below average folks. Felt they were more real and ernest, didn't put on airs or would be above doing something that would get their hands dirty.I have always appreciated the folks that did instead of just giving $.

Anonymous said...

I realize this a dangerous thing to post on this website, but I must confess to a more-than-occasional prejudice toward evangelical conservative Christians.

Anonymous said...

People that think no parking zones do not apply to them - even when they are in the church parking lot.

Anonymous said...

I am annoyed and impatient with stupid people.

AND folks in customer service positions, ESPECIALLY over the phone, who can't speak English well enough for me to understand them.

Anonymous said...

i don't like loud, black women. they scare me and make me feel insecure.

Anonymous said...

i seem to have little patience with people who I know grew up knowing the bible and what it says and knowingly do wrong.

then I realize that I am that person too.

Anonymous said...

I used to judge people who were addicted to drugs and alcohol, believing that they chose to become addicts and were purposefully hurting their loved ones. After a family member of mine became an addict and tried to kill themself a couple of times, I understood that getting ADDICTED to drugs and alcohol is not a choice anyone makes on purpose.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much respect for overweight health care workers (dr. or nurses) or health care workers who smoke. I just feel like they should be better examples. I also don't have much respect for overweight police officers, fire fighters, and EMT workers. They should be fit enough to save people and chase down bad guys.

Anonymous said...

I assume that skinny people have always been that way and don't have to work at it. It makes me angry, and I tend not to like someone like that before I get to know them.