I don't see any reason to delay them. But as long as they don't plan to delay the election, I really don't care. I am so ready for this election to be OVER!
Lame. I'm sure each of the candidates has an opinion on the issue and I don't see how their opinions will make a difference in the outcome of the bailout.
Do we really think that a candidate's stand on the bailout will really sway an undecided voter to make a decision?
I think that this is one more example of why McCain shouldn't be the next President. He has been flip-flopping on several issues over the past few weeks, and it seems to me that he is only interested in saying and doing things to win the election. Obama seems to be the candidate who is truly focused on long-term change.
I don't really care. I already know who I'm voting for, the debates will not change that. I'm just so over this election, I'm tired of hearing about it.
I will be mad if they delay them. What better time for a presidential debate than when there is a national crisis? I'd like to hear their take on it all since once of them will be in charge of the country in a few months. Obama is right...you have to multi task as a president but maybe John McCain is too hold to handle more than one big thing at a time.
P.S. I hate it when I forget to turn it to anonymous and then I have to delete my comment and repost but really I don't care if anyone knows who I am, I'm just trying to follow the rules.
I think that both should go to Washington and do what we pay them to do now. Do the vice pres. debates Friday if they are prepared and set another time for the presidental. I was somewhat disappointed that Obama didn't didn't feel that his voice/vote was important in Washington with this issue. I felt let down by him. Right now I am not sure who to vote for. Don't just talk take some action.
The debates are going to happen sometime. But I see no need right now in debating about what to do about the bailouts. It's time that the government take action and give help in a way that is going to benefit the ones who need it, the homeowners that can't make the monthly payments.
If you have you mind made up on how you are voting for the debates are not going to change. If you are undecided what is said in front of a TV camera where you are listening to answers that have been prepared for them, is this going to sway you? Take a look at each man, measure his past, look at his vision for the country. They are both good men and love their country. Which one is a leader? Which one will run the country in away that restore the American spirit.
Another rush to judgment from the same team that sucked the United States into a preemptive invasion of a sovereign country based on faulty information and carefully engineered hysteria.
"Without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic. If Congress fails to approve the rescue plan, the nation could face a "long and painful recession," G. Bush 09.24.08
This is willfully reckless language crafted to heighten the emotions of a nation and force reaction. Let’s hear the debate.
The only reason McCain would not go on with the debate is because he is slipping in the polls and knows he is loosing ground. He is trying to look like a "hero", but I think he is a chicken.
That action clinched my vote. I want to hear the debates, but I don't need to any longer.
I think that the debates can be scheduled in a week, I agree with the comment about they should be doing what they are paid to do. It isn't about multi-tasking here, its about taking care of our economy.
I don't think they should be delayed either. I think that each candidate can handle the debates and helping out with the economy at the same time.
IMO McCain is using the economy crisis as an excuse. He has not voted in the Senate since October last year (http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270). He is number one in the least amount of votes in the Senate. He seems to me like he is scared. He wants to postpone the debate until next Thursday which just happens to be the first vice presidential debate. He wants to "reschedule" the vp debate indefinitely. Why? Did you hear Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric? She struggled half the time with clear answers.
McCain's campaign is falling apart. We need to hear the debates. I want some answers, don't you?
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
18 comments:
I don't think they should be delayed. It is important to know where each of the candidates stand, now more than ever. What is their plan?
I agree with anonymous #1, but I can also see why they would want to delay the debate.
I don't see any reason to delay them. But as long as they don't plan to delay the election, I really don't care. I am so ready for this election to be OVER!
Lame. I'm sure each of the candidates has an opinion on the issue and I don't see how their opinions will make a difference in the outcome of the bailout.
Do we really think that a candidate's stand on the bailout will really sway an undecided voter to make a decision?
I think that this is one more example of why McCain shouldn't be the next President. He has been flip-flopping on several issues over the past few weeks, and it seems to me that he is only interested in saying and doing things to win the election. Obama seems to be the candidate who is truly focused on long-term change.
I don't really care. I already know who I'm voting for, the debates will not change that. I'm just so over this election, I'm tired of hearing about it.
I don't see any problem with delaying the debates until this is resolved.
I certainly don't think Obama should be the next president -- he's way too liberal for me.
I will be mad if they delay them. What better time for a presidential debate than when there is a national crisis? I'd like to hear their take on it all since once of them will be in charge of the country in a few months. Obama is right...you have to multi task as a president but maybe John McCain is too hold to handle more than one big thing at a time.
P.S. I hate it when I forget to turn it to anonymous and then I have to delete my comment and repost but really I don't care if anyone knows who I am, I'm just trying to follow the rules.
I think that both should go to Washington and do what we pay them to do now. Do the vice pres. debates Friday if they are prepared and set another time for the presidental.
I was somewhat disappointed that Obama didn't didn't feel that his voice/vote was important in Washington with this issue. I felt let down by him. Right now I am not sure who to vote for. Don't just talk take some action.
The debates are going to happen sometime. But I see no need right now in debating about what to do about the bailouts. It's time that the government take action and give help in a way that is going to benefit the ones who need it, the homeowners that can't make the monthly payments.
If you have you mind made up on how you are voting for the debates are not going to change. If you are undecided what is said in front of a TV camera where you are listening to answers that have been prepared for them, is this going to sway you? Take a look at each man, measure his past, look at his vision for the country. They are both good men and love their country. Which one is a leader? Which one will run the country in away that restore the American spirit.
Another rush to judgment from the same team that sucked the United States into a preemptive invasion of a sovereign country based on faulty information and carefully engineered hysteria.
"Without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic. If Congress fails to approve the rescue plan, the nation could face a "long and painful recession," G. Bush 09.24.08
This is willfully reckless language crafted to heighten the emotions of a nation and force reaction. Let’s hear the debate.
The only reason McCain would not go on with the debate is because he is slipping in the polls and knows he is loosing ground. He is trying to look like a "hero", but I think he is a chicken.
That action clinched my vote. I want to hear the debates, but I don't need to any longer.
Obama is so totally immature. He hasn't a clue.
I'm curious what this opinion is based on?
"Obama is so totally immature. He hasn't a clue."
(I can't help but read the word "totally" with a valleygirl accent.)
If the election was today I don't think I would go vote. I am back to where I was 2 months ago and very undecided.
Bring on the debates.
I think that the debates can be scheduled in a week, I agree with the comment about they should be doing what they are paid to do. It isn't about multi-tasking here, its about taking care of our economy.
I don't think they should be delayed either. I think that each candidate can handle the debates and helping out with the economy at the same time.
IMO McCain is using the economy crisis as an excuse. He has not voted in the Senate since October last year (http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270). He is number one in the least amount of votes in the Senate. He seems to me like he is scared. He wants to postpone the debate until next Thursday which just happens to be the first vice presidential debate. He wants to "reschedule" the vp debate indefinitely. Why? Did you hear Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric? She struggled half the time with clear answers.
McCain's campaign is falling apart. We need to hear the debates. I want some answers, don't you?
Post a Comment