This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Child Protection
If there is one HURT you could keep your child/children from going through what would it be?
(submitted question. Thank you)
13 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Being humiliated at school (jr. high/high school), I wish I could protect them from being made fun of, or being hurt. It makes me sick to my stomach to think my kids getting older and having to deal with mean people.
The "hurt" of loss. ie: losing a pet, losing a grandparent and one day losing a parent. If my kids are anything like me, they will wear their emotions on their shoulder.
Anything that would crush their beautiful, innocent, and uninhibited spirits. I dread the day they are old enough to be self aware and realize what's "cool" and what isn't. I want them to be niave forever.
Those are all really good answers and I want to protect my child from those as well, but my biggest fear of my children getting hurt is some "monster" taking away their innocence. I am not sure that is direction the question was going, but the thought of some freaky child predator taking away my childs innocence is my biggest fear. I think I can deal with the other things but that is one area that haunts me.
I completely agree about the "monsters". I can help them deal with bullies (or perhaps worse, being a bully), heartbreaks from crushes gone wrong, losses that are part of life. But some man (typically) taking away their childhood and innocence is more than I can comprehend.
I know they can, and do, but I just don't see how a child can recover from that. Or their parent.
It kills me when someone is mean to my child at school. Or when my baby is dealing with things that crushed me as a child. I feel helpless sometimes and that she is just living the life that I lived growing up.
I always pray that God will protect my babies when I can't be there to do it. It's hard to let them go, every little baby step that we have to do as parents.
Number #1's post was written like it came right out of my head! I just want to savor these days when they are so innocent and see no difference in the other children.
All of these things but especially the sexual predator thing. And not just some monster who's a stranger but just boys who take advantage or don't have any respect for girls. I pray everyday that my daughter has the strength and confidence to stand up for herself and not put up with it!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
13 comments:
Being humiliated at school (jr. high/high school), I wish I could protect them from being made fun of, or being hurt. It makes me sick to my stomach to think my kids getting older and having to deal with mean people.
The "hurt" of loss. ie: losing a pet, losing a grandparent and one day losing a parent. If my kids are anything like me, they will wear their emotions on their shoulder.
I agree with anonymous #1. I was going to say rejection, but humiliation is better. It covers everything: rejection, bullying, etc...
I agree with anonymous #1. I was going to say rejection, but humiliation is better. It covers everything: rejection, bullying, etc...
Anything that would crush their beautiful, innocent, and uninhibited spirits. I dread the day they are old enough to be self aware and realize what's "cool" and what isn't. I want them to be niave forever.
Those are all really good answers and I want to protect my child from those as well, but my biggest fear of my children getting hurt is some "monster" taking away their innocence. I am not sure that is direction the question was going, but the thought of some freaky child predator taking away my childs innocence is my biggest fear. I think I can deal with the other things but that is one area that haunts me.
I completely agree about the "monsters". I can help them deal with bullies (or perhaps worse, being a bully), heartbreaks from crushes gone wrong, losses that are part of life. But some man (typically) taking away their childhood and innocence is more than I can comprehend.
I know they can, and do, but I just don't see how a child can recover from that. Or their parent.
Please, God, protect our children.
It kills me when someone is mean to my child at school. Or when my baby is dealing with things that crushed me as a child. I feel helpless sometimes and that she is just living the life that I lived growing up.
I always pray that God will protect my babies when I can't be there to do it. It's hard to let them go, every little baby step that we have to do as parents.
The long-term hurt of sexual immorality. I hope I can teach them to choose better than I did.
Number #1's post was written like it came right out of my head! I just want to savor these days when they are so innocent and see no difference in the other children.
All of these things but especially the sexual predator thing. And not just some monster who's a stranger but just boys who take advantage or don't have any respect for girls. I pray everyday that my daughter has the strength and confidence to stand up for herself and not put up with it!
I pray that my children are never touched inappropriately by a male or female. That would include a predator or even a family member.
Post a Comment