I would say about $35 a week, and it includes everything. I use coupons like no one's business. Also, I receive lots of lots of free things- www.heyitsfree.net
I want to know how 6:07 does it! We also have a family of 5, and like 8:26 we have pets to care for also. We spend about $500 a month on everything--food, toiletries, etc.
we dont grocery shop monthly and we dont have a budget we just go when were out of everything and get what we need... (somesmall trips in their for bread and milk things like that) but we only go everyother month or so and spend around 500.00-700.00
We haven't checked in a while but the past few years has always been $300-$400 a month and $100 eating out. We really should check this again. Yes, it included anything we needed from walmart or wherever we go!
What are you eating? I think that makes a big difference. If you eat tuna helper and hot dogs you can do it pretty cheap. It's when you're trying to buy healhier options and fresh fruits and veggies that gets expensive! That's what I can't seem to get...I hate feeding my family crap!
$100 every two weeks for one person and that includes everything...groceries, household supplies, eating out, entertainment, and the occasional birthday/shower gift. Entertainment is always the first to go, often followed by eating out.
I must be off the moon then. We spend at least $1,500 week at the grocery store. We are also a family of 5. I love to shop and I swear, we always need something! I go in for diapers, well we also need 5 gallons of milk or some dog food.
Wow, I too would say we spend about 1200-1500 a month just at Wal-Mart on food, etc. Family of 4. That would be awesome if we just spend 135 every two weeks, all I can say is wow!
10:40 am, correction: I charge everything to a credit card and then pay it off every month. I just looked online and added up my purchases for last month at Wal-Mart and it was $771. So I was a little off :)
Thanks 7:10am for the www.heyitsfree.net website. I have become a coupon cutter and usually can find good coupons online, but I have to search for them (and use a few other coupon sites) but this one had a lot of great coupons. Coupon cutting was annoying to me at first, but once I got into the habit, I found that it becomes worth it. A few dollars here and there adds up and it often makes the name brands cheaper than that store brands.
As for the comments about how expensive it is to cook healthy...you should try shopping at the Farmers Market. And if its more than you and/or your family will eat before it goes bad, go with a friend or two and divide everything up -- that way you're less likely to waste food.
$600 a month. 2 adults 2 kids. Includes everything you can get at Wal-mart except clothes. I always buy fresh fruit and veggies and other healthy choices. I also have food allergies to contend with. 1/2 gal of soy milk cost the same as 1 gal of cows milk!
10:39, Nope not an exaggeration! Are offering to pay? ;)
That does Not include eating out. We spend close to $1,500 a month on that alone! I know it's awful and I am working on it. It's an emotional thing. Some are emotional eaters, I'm an emotional shopper. I am obsessed with organizing and reorganizing things so I always know when we need something and I just go get it. My fridge is perfectly organized and well stocked with only the best fruits and veggies. I'm also a BIG name brand freak! Growing up I had it really hard. Now we are wealthy and that is to my disadvantage! I wish I was strapped and had to pinch pennies. Like I said, I'm working on it! So, please don't go jumping all over me!?!
11:28 - won't jump over you, promise. You are the one that helps employ single moms, foster kids needing jobs, etc (by working at grocery stores) and help contribute to charities indirectly (like how target gives away millions to schools, etc.)
I'm nosey but what is your yearly income? Do you work or stay at home?
One thing I have been focusing on this summer is using store the store circular seriously. We are buying the seasonal fruits that are on special each week. Also, I shop at a store that has good produce. Less money for poorer quality produce is not a savings for us.
I tell my daughter what our grocery budget for the week is. We study the ad together and talk about what would be good for our family. We make our list, then shop. And the amount we come in under budget goes into her "summer fun" account. It's a few dollars each time, but it makes a great way for us to discuss groceries, shopping, budgets, etc.
Our total budget (including toiletries) for groceries is about $120/week.
11:28 here, I am a stay at home mom of 4. My husband is an investment banker and we have a few investment properties. We gross $150k a year, but also have tons of expenditures on our properties, equipment and traveling. And thank you for not jumping all over me, I've read some of the other posts (weeks past) and I wasn't sure whether to even post today!
We go through 5 gallons a week! At $4/gallon= $20 alone on MILK!?!
Does anyone know if Grade A milk is the best? Is there not anything better? My son drinks SO much milk and when we switched to an 'organic' brand, he started getting joint pain! Our doctor said to look for the most pure and only top grade. Any suggestions?
Are you kidding? There's coupons for everything! Yes, there are even coupons for milk. There's been many times I've gotten 2Jello pudding boxes for free and $.50 off milk because of a coupon.
There is boxed organic mac and cheese and its yummmmmy! Frozen kashi pizza is a staple these days too. There are never any coupons for these things though that I've seen.
Kashi ALWAYS have coupons! They have a ton online. Also, I've received coupons for fruit and vegatables. As I said earlier,7:53, there are coupons for everything.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
32 comments:
$135 every two weeks, family of 5, includes everything, diapers, food, tolietries
I would say about $35 a week, and it includes everything. I use coupons like no one's business. Also, I receive lots of lots of free things- www.heyitsfree.net
$250/mo. 2 people (no kids) for food + beverages; $60/mo for other household necessities (TP, shampoo, soap, Lowe's house stuff, etc,)
$50 a week includes everything. I try to use coupons and different promotions, but I'm not the best about it.
Wow. I spend a lot compared to you all. I spend about $400 a month and that includes everything. 2 adults, 2 kids.
$500 a month. Includes everything. 2 adults, 3 kids, 1 dog and some fish. :-)
I want to know how 6:07 does it! We also have a family of 5, and like 8:26 we have pets to care for also. We spend about $500 a month on everything--food, toiletries, etc.
How many are in your family?
we dont grocery shop monthly and we dont have a budget we just go when were out of everything and get what we need... (somesmall trips in their for bread and milk things like that) but we only go everyother month or so and spend around 500.00-700.00
We haven't checked in a while but the past few years has always been $300-$400 a month and $100 eating out. We really should check this again. Yes, it included anything we needed from walmart or wherever we go!
9:14 again. 2 adults 2 kids and a dog!
What are you eating? I think that makes a big difference. If you eat tuna helper and hot dogs you can do it pretty cheap. It's when you're trying to buy healhier options and fresh fruits and veggies that gets expensive! That's what I can't seem to get...I hate feeding my family crap!
$100 every two weeks for one person and that includes everything...groceries, household supplies, eating out, entertainment, and the occasional birthday/shower gift. Entertainment is always the first to go, often followed by eating out.
6:07 here, I just wanted to add I don't feed my family crap, I just budget wisely and use deals and coupons. I cook from scratch most evenings also.
I must be off the moon then. We spend at least $1,500 week at the grocery store. We are also a family of 5. I love to shop and I swear, we always need something! I go in for diapers, well we also need 5 gallons of milk or some dog food.
please tell me 1500 a week is an exaggeration!!!!
Wow, I too would say we spend about 1200-1500 a month just at Wal-Mart on food, etc. Family of 4. That would be awesome if we just spend 135 every two weeks, all I can say is wow!
10:40 am, correction: I charge everything to a credit card and then pay it off every month. I just looked online and added up my purchases for last month at Wal-Mart and it was $771. So I was a little off :)
9:01 - You seriously only go every other month?!?!?!?
Thanks 7:10am for the www.heyitsfree.net website. I have become a coupon cutter and usually can find good coupons online, but I have to search for them (and use a few other coupon sites) but this one had a lot of great coupons. Coupon cutting was annoying to me at first, but once I got into the habit, I found that it becomes worth it. A few dollars here and there adds up and it often makes the name brands cheaper than that store brands.
As for the comments about how expensive it is to cook healthy...you should try shopping at the Farmers Market. And if its more than you and/or your family will eat before it goes bad, go with a friend or two and divide everything up -- that way you're less likely to waste food.
$600 a month. 2 adults 2 kids. Includes everything you can get at Wal-mart except clothes. I always buy fresh fruit and veggies and other healthy choices. I also have food allergies to contend with. 1/2 gal of soy milk cost the same as 1 gal of cows milk!
10:39, Nope not an exaggeration! Are offering to pay? ;)
That does Not include eating out. We spend close to $1,500 a month on that alone! I know it's awful and I am working on it. It's an emotional thing. Some are emotional eaters, I'm an emotional shopper. I am obsessed with organizing and reorganizing things so I always know when we need something and I just go get it. My fridge is perfectly organized and well stocked with only the best fruits and veggies. I'm also a BIG name brand freak! Growing up I had it really hard. Now we are wealthy and that is to my disadvantage! I wish I was strapped and had to pinch pennies. Like I said, I'm working on it! So, please don't go jumping all over me!?!
11:28 - won't jump over you, promise. You are the one that helps employ single moms, foster kids needing jobs, etc (by working at grocery stores) and help contribute to charities indirectly (like how target gives away millions to schools, etc.)
I'm nosey but what is your yearly income? Do you work or stay at home?
One thing I have been focusing on this summer is using store the store circular seriously. We are buying the seasonal fruits that are on special each week. Also, I shop at a store that has good produce. Less money for poorer quality produce is not a savings for us.
I tell my daughter what our grocery budget for the week is. We study the ad together and talk about what would be good for our family. We make our list, then shop. And the amount we come in under budget goes into her "summer fun" account. It's a few dollars each time, but it makes a great way for us to discuss groceries, shopping, budgets, etc.
Our total budget (including toiletries) for groceries is about $120/week.
11:28 here, I am a stay at home mom of 4. My husband is an investment banker and we have a few investment properties. We gross $150k a year, but also have tons of expenditures on our properties, equipment and traveling. And thank you for not jumping all over me, I've read some of the other posts (weeks past) and I wasn't sure whether to even post today!
$60 a week for EVERYTHING. Family of 5. I am a huge coupon girl.
What kind of food can you get for $60 a week with coupons? Milk alone cost me $12 a week!
We go through 5 gallons a week! At $4/gallon= $20 alone on MILK!?!
Does anyone know if Grade A milk is the best? Is there not anything better? My son drinks SO much milk and when we switched to an 'organic' brand, he started getting joint pain! Our doctor said to look for the most pure and only top grade. Any suggestions?
Are you kidding? There's coupons for everything! Yes, there are even coupons for milk. There's been many times I've gotten 2Jello pudding boxes for free and $.50 off milk because of a coupon.
coupons won't save me money if they are for food I don't buy anyway. I don't fix Jello pudding for my kids. We don't eat any boxed foods.
There is boxed organic mac and cheese and its yummmmmy! Frozen kashi pizza is a staple these days too. There are never any coupons for these things though that I've seen.
Kashi ALWAYS have coupons! They have a ton online. Also, I've received coupons for fruit and vegatables. As I said earlier,7:53, there are coupons for everything.
Post a Comment