I actually have plans for to open a business! I'm a little intimidated by today's economy though. I plan to someday open a 'Gymboree' type of kids' gym! With childhood obesity and the lack of things to do in our small town, I think it would do great! Does anyone go to one and like it?
I would want an adult/children's boutique, but I know they have such a high mark up and still can't keep their doors open, it seems. But...that would be my dream! Not too original, but something I would enjoy. I would just die to be able to go to market in Dallas!
My own dressage barn.....my horse is boarded at one, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have my own and run it the way I would like things to be run.....I would bring my trainer because she is AWESOME and the only reason I am at my current barn - she is soooo gentle with the horses.....Now all I need to do is win the Lottery.....Oh and I would rescue all the racehorses that are sent to illegal slaughter.....they could live at my barn and be retrained to do something other than race.....Just like my baby is.
A nonprofit agency that helps foster kids after they've left foster care. They could get free counseling, emergency financial help, job help, etc.
OR - a homeless shelter for single moms with no place to go.
OR - A 24 hour crisis hotline for people to call if they are in crisis, and you can talk about God and Jesus and how to become and Christian and find a church with them.
OR - A business that supports missionaries with a decent salary, the same as a good job.
4:10...you don't think people already become foster parents for the money? it's not "good money" and they still do it now, but they don't take care of the kids with it. No I am not saying ALL people do that, but I would assume a majority of those foster parents don't use they money to care for the kids...they get cable and cigarettes, and crap like that!
We are applying to become foster parents and eventually/hopefully adopt and I have NO interest in the money. I have made that VERY clear with our social worker that we want NO money for this. I do not believe you should get paid at all to do it!! You should want to do it, and Not need the $$, therefore, why get paid!!
Also, I'm 9:38 and I haven't ever heard of Pump it up. Sounds cool though! Our closest town with more that 10,000 residents is 2 hours away, so I've never had the pleasure of enjoying a kid's gym!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
21 comments:
a party planning business
oooh, I've thought of this multiple times. I waffle between a Crepes place like I loved so much in Europe or a bakery.
A scrapbooking store with tons of paper in it. I'm obsessed with paper!
Two different things. A cute boutique of clothing and accessories so I can actually afford them!
But I would really also like to have a huge house where I can foster several kids and hire nanny's so I can make sure they are being treated well.
I'd open a photography studio or a desserts only eatery.
I actually have plans for to open a business! I'm a little intimidated by today's economy though. I plan to someday open a 'Gymboree' type of kids' gym! With childhood obesity and the lack of things to do in our small town, I think it would do great! Does anyone go to one and like it?
A coffee shop that is like the places in Portland.
I would want an adult/children's boutique, but I know they have such a high mark up and still can't keep their doors open, it seems. But...that would be my dream! Not too original, but something I would enjoy. I would just die to be able to go to market in Dallas!
My own dressage barn.....my horse is boarded at one, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have my own and run it the way I would like things to be run.....I would bring my trainer because she is AWESOME and the only reason I am at my current barn - she is soooo gentle with the horses.....Now all I need to do is win the Lottery.....Oh and I would rescue all the racehorses that are sent to illegal slaughter.....they could live at my barn and be retrained to do something other than race.....Just like my baby is.
Cake business or cake supply business with emphasis on classes.
9:38, there is a Pump It Up franchise in our area, and it is hugely popular for birthdays. Are you familiar with that?
A nonprofit agency that helps foster kids after they've left foster care. They could get free counseling, emergency financial help, job help, etc.
OR - a homeless shelter for single moms with no place to go.
OR - A 24 hour crisis hotline for people to call if they are in crisis, and you can talk about God and Jesus and how to become and Christian and find a church with them.
OR - A business that supports missionaries with a decent salary, the same as a good job.
OH, another one I just thought of:
* An agency that pays strong CHristian couples VERY VERY well to be foster parents to kids in need.
A Gourmet food store, or a pool with no kids allowed!!!
couples should not be paid "very well" to be foster parents. That idea will make people do it for the money and not for the love of helping children.
I think they should be paid just enough to cover basic needs. There are too many bad foster parents who do it only for the money.
i love to shop for people, so a professional shopper.
I would love to have a healing room too. That would be really really awesome!
4:10...you don't think people already become foster parents for the money? it's not "good money" and they still do it now, but they don't take care of the kids with it. No I am not saying ALL people do that, but I would assume a majority of those foster parents don't use they money to care for the kids...they get cable and cigarettes, and crap like that!
We are applying to become foster parents and eventually/hopefully adopt and I have NO interest in the money. I have made that VERY clear with our social worker that we want NO money for this. I do not believe you should get paid at all to do it!! You should want to do it, and Not need the $$, therefore, why get paid!!
Also, I'm 9:38 and I haven't ever heard of Pump it up. Sounds cool though! Our closest town with more that 10,000 residents is 2 hours away, so I've never had the pleasure of enjoying a kid's gym!
Every Good Intention becomes Corrupt Once Money Gets Involved!!
I'd like to open an illegal drug store. I hear the business is really good.
10:02 am, we need to get together! I'll open one with you! I'm from Portland and have the same dream. Have you ever been to Rimsky's?
Post a Comment