Thursday, July 9, 2009

Was Michael Jackson's life worth all the hype of his death?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

His was the value of one life- no more, no less. Hype? outa this world!

Anonymous said...

I agree with 8:06.
I coldn't find where to leave my opinion on yesterday's video. But for the record I think it is such a wasted effort. Those poor little girls, what are they learning?

Anonymous said...

NO!

Did anyone know that Honduras was in political turmoil? Did anyone know that China was having some political unrest also? Was Iran still having protests? Who knew because in the US, we only knew that Michael Jackson had died.

I was very upset with all the coverage that his death has received. I truly didn't know about these other events in the world because of the one sided news coverage.

Anonymous said...

No

Anonymous said...

It was/stil is ridiculous. The man was a freak and then during his memorial he gets honored as being a black man that broke down barriers, and he's a black man that bleached his skin.

He was a weird singer and that was all.

Anonymous said...

Agree that he was just a man. A man that died. A man that left children. Did he ask for the hype that was made over his death? No. Once again the media has more control then it should.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding???
MJ would have LOVED the attention he has been getting for the last week or so. If you don't think he didn't live for the attention, you missed his life entirely.

Why do you think he was planning a come back tour? No news press lately.

He was a great entertainer whose name and songs are known around the world. I am sad for his family, as any family who has lost a loved one, but I'm ready for real news.

I doubt the Jackson family will go quietly into the night though.

Anonymous said...

He was an icon, that is true. Did anybody watch the funeral? I caught the last 15 or so minutes of it, and was surprised to find myself moved by it.

The man who closed the service closed with a prayer, which he prayed in Christ's name, and in which he said something like, "We know that even the King of Pop must bow before the King of Kings."

That was good perspective. Does the world focus on that? No way, but Christ was proclaimed in that prayer. And every major channel that has news at all carried it live.

Anonymous said...

Every man will stand before God and give account for his life.
I can not judge anyone.

I watched ever minute of the memorial. It was not over the top. There was more to the man than what was seen.

When Paris made her honest statement no heart could have been unmoved. If you've been under a rock and didn't see it she said something like. Ever since I was born my "Daddy" has been the best Father you could imagine. And I love him so much.

He was strange/different but most celebrities are.
It would be a dull world if God made us all the same.

Anonymous said...

Too much hype definitely, however I can't lie, I was in SHOCK and a little sad when I heard he died. He was such a talented artist and grew up in a family with a jerk of dad with GOD only knowing what was done to him as a child, but still tried to be a great dad to his kids. He mainly kept them out of the spotlight which is unusual for celbrities.

I am sad because half the world (the younger generation) only remembers the freakish MJ of the last decade or so, the one with all the scandals. They don't remeber what an awesome and talented artist he was and yes he did try and break down racial barriers.

Anonymous said...

Wait...Michael Jackson DIED?!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad about his death because I am not sure he knew Jesus very well.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ died and hallelujah he arose.
Let's sing praises to him.

Anonymous said...

Every man's death diminishes me, because I am part of Mankind.
-- John Donne

Anonymous said...

He so deserved the hype. You people who think he bleached his skin are crazy. It's called a skin disease morons. Yes I'm being mean and never have been on here before! If you were abused terribly, missed your entire childhood, had a disease that made you turn white and lost your whole identity, along with having people lie about being molested by you so they can gain money- how would you have turned out!!?? Addicted to pain pills and struggle with not liking your appearance probably!

This guy gave more to charities than anyone else. He used his money to create a place underpriviledged kids could play. He was very giving and wanted to change the world. He deserved it. I do think everyone who dies in war deserves more than they get though.

Anonymous said...

I felt this was a moment in history that doesn't happen often. He will be talked about forever and in history books for what he did for his race, music, etc. Unfortunately, I will probably not make the history books so yes he would and should make more coverage than my death. I was happy to watch it all and remember the person he really was and not the quack many ignorant people think he was.