Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What would you like to know more about?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife's sex drive and how to turn her on.

Anonymous said...

The Bible. Sometimes I feel so inadequate in my study.

Anonymous said...

Why my so called friends aren't really my friends

Anonymous said...

OOh 8:51, that's a good one! I wonder that too, all the time!

I want to know more about Church/Bible History. I'm currently studying and it seems the more I learn and find out, the more it upsets my 'church friends!' Why can't everything good, be easy!?!

Anonymous said...

Myself. Just when I think I've figured me out, I really haven't.

OK Chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The opposite sex.

Anonymous said...

My kids. How to train them, discipline them, play with them, etc. Seems like I'm just the meal giver and clothes washer sometimes.

Anonymous said...

i want to know more about Jesus. i want to be able to do all He has in mind for me. i want to know about heaven, will it be on earth? will i have a specific job to do? how will i feel when i see Jesus face to face. how wonderful His grace is!

851 and 935 there is an enemy here wanting to destroy us, our faith and anything that is good in our lives. never underestimate his working in our lives to build hatred, mistrust, and discord. But we have a Savior, Jesus who is the Victor.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know more about the bible as well. I'm sure it would be very helpful in hard times.

Anonymous said...

To the 8:15 am posster - why don't you try asking her.

Anonymous said...

History. I can never get enough. I see God more clearly when seeing his forethought and guidance weaved through time. Understand the Bible when set against the culture the text was borne in. There are too many wells of knowledge than can ever be absorbed but I wish that I could have some osmosis IV.

Anonymous said...

Turtles

Anonymous said...

6:26, me too! I'm 9:35 poster and I want to understand all of the Bible, not just what is written in black and red! Maybe we need an 'Anonymous Church' blog. I would LOVE to study with someone that is on that same track! I LOVE history, esp what was going on at the time of these writings. I understand that History is almost always one sided, but I'd still like to hear about it.

A little off subject, but all of my family and friends are CofC (please do not take any offence to this, this is just my thought!) and the more I study, the more I get aggravated at them. They (my fam/friends only!) feel like the CofC has been around forever and they are the ONLY ones going to Heaven. They refuse to study with me and see that, in fact the CofC was part of the reformation in the very early 1900's. That's fine if they believe that they go back to AD, but don't be rude and so demeaning about it. Sorry, just me blabbing!! Please don't take any offence. I would just love to have someone to study something worth my time rather than picking apart the meaning of abuse 'abuse'. No offence to Sarah either, you do an amazing job keeping us in line and somewhat united ;)

Anonymous said...

To the last poster, I grew up in the cofC and I know exactly what you mean. The more I study things for myself, the more I come to question many of the things I was taught my whole life. I too feel that I have no one to talk it over with or study these things with, for fear that I'll be labeled as a "liberal". My husband doesn't feel the same way I do, so I feel really alone in it sometimes. When we talk about things, it just seems to become an argument, and I don't want that. Anyway, it would be nice to have someone to study with. I guess i am done venting now... :)

Anonymous said...

July 22, 2009 11:43 PM here. To July 27, 2009 1:12 PM,

What church do you attend currently, still CofC? I am seriously thinking of searching out a new home for me and my family and would love to hear some good things other than CofC.