This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
What are your thoughts on Sarah Palin's resignation?
20 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I'm overall happy about it because they think it will probably hurt her chances in any presidential runs. She may be a wonderful person but she is not the person I want running the country.
I have mixed feelings. She probably hurt herself politically, but it was in the best interest of her family and the debt in Alaska. She still, in my opinion, has career potential, perhaps not president, but another arena. I find her very interesting.
I can't stand Sarah Palin. I think she has brought all of the negativity on herself.
Now she is a quitter. She says one term is enough, but she didn't even finish one term. You can call a quitter something else, but the fact is the fact. She is stepping down without finishing the job she was elected to do with no family emergency or health situation which all of America would understand.
In my opinion, her move is largely financial in motivation. She said she and Todd have racked up over half a mil in legal fees, and her governor's salary is only 125,000. I think she wants to be the YouBetcha Oprah. She is going to try to get in the media, which she hates, and effect change from there.
Also, she is getting out before the legislation of Alaska reconvenes, so she won't have to endure any more political controversy in her own state. Her approval rating in her own state has fallen from the astronomical to the mediocre.
I find her smug and a little pitiful.
I suppose the bottom line is that Sarah Palin can't take the heat. So glad we are finding this out now. Can you imagine is she had become VP? She would have been under even more attack than she has been. Think about Dan Quayle; he was late-night fodder for the duration of he term. But at least he finished what he had been elected to do.
Some people act like Sarah Palin is a great role model and maverick. She is no role model for me. I like to see people rise above the fray and finish what they have started with a measure of grit and grace.
I think it is interesting that if Sarah Palin had stayed in office all of those that don't like her would have spent the duration of her term constantly complaining about her and now that she has resigned are bashing her for being a "quitter". I am not saying that I think Sarah Palin is the perfect politician but I will say that she at least brought a little variety to the table. Nice to see the "good ole boys" club challenged a bit.
While I agree that there have been some "reporters" who have horribly crossed the line of what is appropriate (I am referring to the baby, not Bristol-Sarah threw her in the fire when she agreed to run for VP knowing Bristol was pregnant.), I find it hart to believe that NOW SP decides to protect her family. What? Seriously? Now? What did she think would happen when she placed them directly under the microscope of Critical America. Even us Christians.
I am indifferent to her stepping down, but I hate that she seems to be using her family, yet again.
No one will ever know what her real reasons are for stepping down. When McCain first brought her out I'll really liked her. I think she is a very likable person, but not someone that I want running my country.
Her resignation casts an unfavorable light on her. They just need to quit talking about her and a presidential run---she has no shot at being president.
I feel badly for the people of Alaska. I mean they elected her so what does it say to them that she's quitting?
I wish this exit from public office would mean an exit from the media. But I know it's just fueling the fire. I would even go so far as to say that this is just another publicity stunt on her part. Gotta make sure she's getting every second of her 15 minutes of fame.
Alright you who go with the media and decide you want to be "different" and hate on Palin too. Leave the woman alone. What the hell man?
She is doing a great job by quitting. I respect her even more now. She is saving Alaska SOOOO much money by stepping down. I think she is being more noble than any politician before her. Alaska tax payers have put in so much money to investigate all these dumb claims against Palin and she promised the tax payers they wouldn't have to do crap like that.
Its a no win situation. It is like the Bush thing. If he didn't react to 9-11 like he did you people would have hung him...if he did react you would be glad until you realize what war really is. Then you hung him. No one can do anything right here.
Hey 10:32, guess what? You go with the media,too, just a different part of it.
Rush IS, by definition, in the media. So is Bill. So is Laura Ingraham. So is Greta Van Sustren.
At least be fair, and attack people for hating Palin, not for siding with "the media," as if you don't also side with people who talk on the radio and tv. Cause do you know what I think? I think you listen to your media too much, and I bet that's what you think about me.
i admire her, and think she is tough and spunky. the media loves to hate her and that sucks, but she is strong enough to overcome all of this. i think she learned alot from the vp run, and finally figured to act in the best interests of everyone. she is not a quitter, she made the chocie of stepping down as the best option open to her. she would be as good a president as what we have now, but who would want the stinkin job?
10:33 -- The right thing to do would have been for Bush never to have lied and bullied to get us into Iraq. The right thing to do would have been for Palin never to have accepted the offer to run for VP. She should have realized just how far out of her league politically and intellectually she truly was. She should never have accepted because of the morally challenged position her oldest daughter chose.
Now she's complaining about how picked on she is. It was her own dumb decisions, gaffes, and faux pas that brought her to where she is at the top of the list of ridicule. She is no media victim; she just doesn't know how to handle public scrutiny. It's this recurring conservative thing: "How dare you question me!" Oh, the hypocrisy! Questioning government officials is practically what the media is FOR. She's never realized that. The Gibson and Couric interviews proved this. She NEVER had the right stuff for office. Even for Alaska, now, apparently. But she brought it all on herself. She should have just shut up and disappeared, and it all would have gone away.
Lampooning and satirizing and making fun is in here somewhere, too. In public office, you gotta have a thick skin. Palin's is Saran Wrap.
10:42, you're right. It IS all media, baby! We don't get a crumb of info without SOME media. It's what the word means.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
20 comments:
I'm overall happy about it because they think it will probably hurt her chances in any presidential runs. She may be a wonderful person but she is not the person I want running the country.
I have mixed feelings. She probably hurt herself politically, but it was in the best interest of her family and the debt in Alaska. She still, in my opinion, has career potential, perhaps not president, but another arena. I find her very interesting.
I think it was best for her family. TV people were very cruel and crossing the line with her daughter.
I can't stand Sarah Palin. I think she has brought all of the negativity on herself.
Now she is a quitter. She says one term is enough, but she didn't even finish one term. You can call a quitter something else, but the fact is the fact. She is stepping down without finishing the job she was elected to do with no family emergency or health situation which all of America would understand.
In my opinion, her move is largely financial in motivation. She said she and Todd have racked up over half a mil in legal fees, and her governor's salary is only 125,000. I think she wants to be the YouBetcha Oprah. She is going to try to get in the media, which she hates, and effect change from there.
Also, she is getting out before the legislation of Alaska reconvenes, so she won't have to endure any more political controversy in her own state. Her approval rating in her own state has fallen from the astronomical to the mediocre.
I find her smug and a little pitiful.
I suppose the bottom line is that Sarah Palin can't take the heat. So glad we are finding this out now. Can you imagine is she had become VP? She would have been under even more attack than she has been. Think about Dan Quayle; he was late-night fodder for the duration of he term. But at least he finished what he had been elected to do.
Some people act like Sarah Palin is a great role model and maverick. She is no role model for me. I like to see people rise above the fray and finish what they have started with a measure of grit and grace.
So long, Sarah Palin.
Come on 9:42, tell us what you really think.
I think it is interesting that if Sarah Palin had stayed in office all of those that don't like her would have spent the duration of her term constantly complaining about her and now that she has resigned are bashing her for being a "quitter". I am not saying that I think Sarah Palin is the perfect politician but I will say that she at least brought a little variety to the table. Nice to see the "good ole boys" club challenged a bit.
While I agree that there have been some "reporters" who have horribly crossed the line of what is appropriate (I am referring to the baby, not Bristol-Sarah threw her in the fire when she agreed to run for VP knowing Bristol was pregnant.), I find it hart to believe that NOW SP decides to protect her family. What? Seriously? Now? What did she think would happen when she placed them directly under the microscope of Critical America. Even us Christians.
I am indifferent to her stepping down, but I hate that she seems to be using her family, yet again.
No one will ever know what her real reasons are for stepping down. When McCain first brought her out I'll really liked her. I think she is a very likable person, but not someone that I want running my country.
Her resignation casts an unfavorable light on her. They just need to quit talking about her and a presidential run---she has no shot at being president.
I feel badly for the people of Alaska. I mean they elected her so what does it say to them that she's quitting?
I wish this exit from public office would mean an exit from the media. But I know it's just fueling the fire. I would even go so far as to say that this is just another publicity stunt on her part. Gotta make sure she's getting every second of her 15 minutes of fame.
Where are all the people who love her? Come on hockey moms, speak up!
Alright you who go with the media and decide you want to be "different" and hate on Palin too. Leave the woman alone. What the hell man?
She is doing a great job by quitting. I respect her even more now. She is saving Alaska SOOOO much money by stepping down. I think she is being more noble than any politician before her. Alaska tax payers have put in so much money to investigate all these dumb claims against Palin and she promised the tax payers they wouldn't have to do crap like that.
Its a no win situation. It is like the Bush thing. If he didn't react to 9-11 like he did you people would have hung him...if he did react you would be glad until you realize what war really is. Then you hung him. No one can do anything right here.
Hey 10:32, guess what? You go with the media,too, just a different part of it.
Rush IS, by definition, in the media. So is Bill. So is Laura Ingraham. So is Greta Van Sustren.
At least be fair, and attack people for hating Palin, not for siding with "the media," as if you don't also side with people who talk on the radio and tv. Cause do you know what I think? I think you listen to your media too much, and I bet that's what you think about me.
It's all media, baby!
i admire her, and think she is tough and spunky. the media loves to hate her and that sucks, but she is strong enough to overcome all of this. i think she learned alot from the vp run, and finally figured to act in the best interests of everyone. she is not a quitter, she made the chocie of stepping down as the best option open to her. she would be as good a president as what we have now, but who would want the stinkin job?
Off topic, but wondering if there is a follow-up to the inappropriately dressed thread?
10:33 -- The right thing to do would have been for Bush never to have lied and bullied to get us into Iraq. The right thing to do would have been for Palin never to have accepted the offer to run for VP. She should have realized just how far out of her league politically and intellectually she truly was. She should never have accepted because of the morally challenged position her oldest daughter chose.
Now she's complaining about how picked on she is. It was her own dumb decisions, gaffes, and faux pas that brought her to where she is at the top of the list of ridicule. She is no media victim; she just doesn't know how to handle public scrutiny. It's this recurring conservative thing: "How dare you question me!" Oh, the hypocrisy! Questioning government officials is practically what the media is FOR. She's never realized that. The Gibson and Couric interviews proved this. She NEVER had the right stuff for office. Even for Alaska, now, apparently. But she brought it all on herself. She should have just shut up and disappeared, and it all would have gone away.
Lampooning and satirizing and making fun is in here somewhere, too. In public office, you gotta have a thick skin. Palin's is Saran Wrap.
10:42, you're right. It IS all media, baby! We don't get a crumb of info without SOME media. It's what the word means.
Sarah Palin, please go away.
Now? Please?
Actually 1042 I make it a point to not listen to any of the political crap. Soooo....just sayin' you're a tool
Give it a rest - Bush, Palin - Take your new regime - we will see where they are in a year! Enjoy your socialized medicine.
Uhhh, did you just call me a penis? Really?
Are your arguments so weak that you have to resort to the old pitfall into fallacious reasoning known as attacking the person or name-calling?
Let's talk about ideas. Let's have a healthy exchange of viewpoints. Let's really argue or debate in the attempt to persuade.
When you resort to name-calling, you knock your own power out from under yourself.
My viewpoint is not diminished because you called me a "tool."
So bring on the ideas. Be prepared to defend them. I think that's great.
No response to last bit of brilliance?
Post a Comment