Wow! It's not cute... a little sad that parents would allow their YOUNG children to dress up and dance to such mature songs. Although, I guess the kids probably have no idea what the lyrics really mean.
That is funny this is on here. We sometimes watch this show since it's a fairly good family show but when it came to this I was like well crap. INSANE. Very sad. They look cute but so so wrong.
I agree that it is appaling, and at any age, inappropriate. I beg to differ with the age of six and under...there are at least three dancers on this that cannot be six. I have a five year old who has danced for three years (abd dances very well) now and cannot piroutte the way these girls can, not to mention the tumbling... I danced competitively for 15 years, and never danced or dressed like this...my how times have changed.
That is disgusting. What decent parent would allow their child to wear that, let alone, go on stage and grind in that?? If that were my kid up there (like I wouldn't have known about it or something), I would seriously go up and grab them off stage.
I agree, 2:24. This is not a problem with the girls ... it's a problem with the parents. Parents, do you want your daughters pantomiming sex at this age or ANY age? Do you want them sending what amounts to visual pheremones, broadcasting their readiness and willingness to get it on with the first guy who can fog a mirror?
Any parent who would do this to their child deserves to have their parental rights revoked and be brought up on charges including but not limited to Child Abuse, Promoting Statutory Rape, and Aiding and Abetting Sexual Predators. At least they need to get their heads out their butts.
This may be the first time that we all sound in agreement about something.
There is something wrong with the whole idea of children doing this. Something wrong with parents having there children do this. I know litte Susan loves it and your not making her. Well wake up it's not cute.
Just out of curiosity, how far is this from the line you draw for your daughters?
Cheerleading ok? (with "cheer" stamped across their butts) Pom ok?
I agree with everything that has been said here (minus the random tool comment), but I think a lot of the women who read this blog are just a few pelvic thrusts away from their kids being here.
hahaha yes you're still a tool. I agree that this video is a bit out there. But come on guys and open your eyes. Kids this age are in inner cities all across the countries dancing like this. With no special training or classes or semi middle class dance competitions. So really what this video is - is a piece of art. Its reviling what really is happening in our society when we all take off our middle class glasses and see what is going on. So we can sit here and judge them and their parents or we can take a loving Christ like attitude and be unselfish with OUR money and contribute to the poor so people won't have to be strippers and do whatever they can for some cash. Maybe if we did that more people would see christ.
5:36, I agree that a lot of moms on here will put their daughters in cheer/dance team in public school without a second thought, when they are doing a lot of the same moves, pelvic thrusts, humping, grinding and other forms of "art". I was actually thinking of this the other day and decided that I will not allow my daughters to join those, because is just seems like we are sending them mixed signles to allow them to dance around half naked. Years ago cheer and dance weren't like this and it is sad this is what it has become.
In defense of little league cheer and dance organizations. While I do not let my daughter's participate...the organization my son plays football with has cheer/dance squads and there are very strict rules about the dances and the amount of skin shown. The girls cannotwear halters or have the stomachs show. And if the dances are too risque, then the director and clubs get fined. At competition last year...there were 16 teams, and only one was bad.
I would completely let my daughter do dance and cheer. At my highschool, we were not allowed to get crazy like this video! We did a lot more of the tumbling and throwing in the air. It was fun, built strength, and gave me friendships. I will completely let my daughters do that. Anything can be taken to the extreme and be a bad thing. Boys can get off just seeing someone walk by or seeing a shoulder or cute face. Should all girls stay insides or wear turtle necks and bags over their head? Our boys should be learning how to deal with it while our girls should be learning what is appropriate and what isn't.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
22 comments:
When I first started watching I had missed the under 6 part. They do have some skills. Not sure where those skills will take them.
Not the Musketeers from the Mickey Mouse Club.
Wow! It's not cute... a little sad that parents would allow their YOUNG children to dress up and dance to such mature songs.
Although, I guess the kids probably have no idea what the lyrics really mean.
When parents let their girls dress like that at 6, what do you think they will want to wear when they are 12, or 18.
Those dance moves were very inapproriate for 6 year olds.
I'm not so sure some of those girls were older than 6. I don't think a 6 year olds body can move like that.
I bet these girls had their hair highlighted at the age of 3!
So for 6 year olds they have the song Lady Marmalade about a brothel to the Hokey Pokey.
I think it's appalling.
I think it is a pedophile's delight.
That is horrible. The outfits are wrong. The moves are wrong. The whole thing is wrong. What a lack of judgment on several people's part.
Hmmm...they're training strippers young these days.
That is funny this is on here. We sometimes watch this show since it's a fairly good family show but when it came to this I was like well crap. INSANE. Very sad. They look cute but so so wrong.
I agree that it is appaling, and at any age, inappropriate.
I beg to differ with the age of six and under...there are at least three dancers on this that cannot be six. I have a five year old who has danced for three years (abd dances very well) now and cannot piroutte the way these girls can, not to mention the tumbling...
I danced competitively for 15 years, and never danced or dressed like this...my how times have changed.
That is disgusting. What decent parent would allow their child to wear that, let alone, go on stage and grind in that?? If that were my kid up there (like I wouldn't have known about it or something), I would seriously go up and grab them off stage.
I agree, 2:24. This is not a problem with the girls ... it's a problem with the parents. Parents, do you want your daughters pantomiming sex at this age or ANY age? Do you want them sending what amounts to visual pheremones, broadcasting their readiness and willingness to get it on with the first guy who can fog a mirror?
Any parent who would do this to their child deserves to have their parental rights revoked and be brought up on charges including but not limited to Child Abuse, Promoting Statutory Rape, and Aiding and Abetting Sexual Predators. At least they need to get their heads out their butts.
This may be the first time that we all sound in agreement about something.
There is something wrong with the whole idea of children doing this. Something wrong with parents having there children do this. I know litte Susan loves it and your not making her. Well wake up it's not cute.
So am I still a tool?
Just out of curiosity, how far is this from the line you draw for your daughters?
Cheerleading ok? (with "cheer" stamped across their butts)
Pom ok?
I agree with everything that has been said here (minus the random tool comment), but I think a lot of the women who read this blog are just a few pelvic thrusts away from their kids being here.
To understand the tool comment, you have to read yesterday's post.
hahaha yes you're still a tool. I agree that this video is a bit out there. But come on guys and open your eyes. Kids this age are in inner cities all across the countries dancing like this. With no special training or classes or semi middle class dance competitions. So really what this video is - is a piece of art. Its reviling what really is happening in our society when we all take off our middle class glasses and see what is going on. So we can sit here and judge them and their parents or we can take a loving Christ like attitude and be unselfish with OUR money and contribute to the poor so people won't have to be strippers and do whatever they can for some cash. Maybe if we did that more people would see christ.
art? Really? That shouldn't be an excuse.
5:36, I agree that a lot of moms on here will put their daughters in cheer/dance team in public school without a second thought, when they are doing a lot of the same moves, pelvic thrusts, humping, grinding and other forms of "art". I was actually thinking of this the other day and decided that I will not allow my daughters to join those, because is just seems like we are sending them mixed signles to allow them to dance around half naked. Years ago cheer and dance weren't like this and it is sad this is what it has become.
In defense of little league cheer and dance organizations. While I do not let my daughter's participate...the organization my son plays football with has cheer/dance squads and there are very strict rules about the dances and the amount of skin shown. The girls cannotwear halters or have the stomachs show. And if the dances are too risque, then the director and clubs get fined. At competition last year...there were 16 teams, and only one was bad.
I would completely let my daughter do dance and cheer. At my highschool, we were not allowed to get crazy like this video! We did a lot more of the tumbling and throwing in the air. It was fun, built strength, and gave me friendships. I will completely let my daughters do that. Anything can be taken to the extreme and be a bad thing. Boys can get off just seeing someone walk by or seeing a shoulder or cute face. Should all girls stay insides or wear turtle necks and bags over their head? Our boys should be learning how to deal with it while our girls should be learning what is appropriate and what isn't.
Should all girls stay inside with bags over their heads?
Uh, this IS my plan with my daughter.
completely inappropriate from the costumes to the hooker dance moves.
Post a Comment