Friday, July 10, 2009

Reader Rally

First one here, leave a question.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been addicted to anything??

Anonymous said...

How early did you start disciplining your children and what type of discipline did you use? (For things like biting and not obeying when mom/dad says "no.")

Anonymous said...

YES - I was totally addicted to pop -coke and pepsi. I turned to it for energy, for comfort, when bored, etc. I found that instead of relying on God when stressed I was running to the vending machine. I'm happy to say God has helped me overcome the addiction!!

Anonymous said...

I was addicted to physical self harm in attempt to get rid of the internal pain. Didn't work but only helped me deny it for a while.

Anonymous said...

So sad I missed the past two days. I had very strong opinions toward them for once :)

Anonymous said...

I love to smoke. I haven't touched one in 19 months. I don't think it is a desire that will ever completely go away, but I do know that I will never touch one again.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have been addicted to things before.

About the discipline. I think as a parent you are the best judge when to begin disciplining your child. Rebellion is such heart issue and you know when your child is defying you out of rebellion, testing boundaries or disobeying out of ignorance.

Anonymous said...

I too was addicted to smoking. My husband gave the ultimatum that if I wanted kids I would stop smoking and I quit the next day. It has been almost 4 years since I have smoked.

As for discipline, we stared disciplining our kids as soon as they could crawl and get into things. We would swat their hands and say "NO" so that our point would get across. As they got older we would spank them send them to their rooms. I know spanking brings out a whole other issue but it worked best for us.

Anonymous said...

I might as well face it, I'm addicted to love.

No seriously, sugar, caffeine, winning...

I think I have a very addictive personality.

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to this blog.

I need to go to Anonymous Anonymous.

Sometimes you wanna go where nobody knows your name.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to the internet. It's baaaaaaad.

I'm also addicted to sex. For real.

Anonymous said...

I am addicted to outside male relationships other than my husband. Haven't had an affair but would sadly love to.

Been addicted to denial and getting things out of my mind rather than getting help and going to counseling.

Discipline should come as soon as they pull your hair at infancy. Discipline doesn't mean cruel punishment. It is how you love your kids. We don't need to get into the spanking vs. not spanking saying "no" vs. giving another option. Whatever you choose is your deal, but start immediately!

Anonymous said...

12:46, quit cold turkey, cut off any contact with that guy, it can only lead to bad things.

Anonymous said...

To 12:46- When you say "outside male relationships" what do you mean? Is there more than one guy? Is it a specific guy or just the thrill of any affair that makes you think about this? What kind of relationship do you have now with these guys?

Anonymous said...

I used to smoke. Quit about 6 years ago - but would still love to, you know, if it weren't bad for me, didn't smell, and was cheaper. ;)

I am seriously addicted to food. I am working on it. Well, God is.

Anonymous said...

12:46 here. It has been more than one. Chatting on the internet, emails, meeting up with them. I am the one that a while ago said I've kissed and sent pictures to other guys but have not had an affair.

I just recently realized this was very wrong and I need to figure out what is going on.

It is the thrill of something different maybe? It is probably something deep like I like dysfunction, don't think I deserve a real and healthy relationship so I want to mess it up. Still figuring it out. Pray my counselor Tuesday is a good one.

Not sure why I just said all of this. Sorry for those who don't care!

Anonymous said...

I love you, 12:46! I know you already know that, but I'm sure all these anonymous people are praying too.

Sincerely,
11:26

Anonymous said...

If you can admit here, maybe you are on your way to healing.

Sending you love and grace!