Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Confession is good for the soul, so...

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shot the sheriff; but I did not shoot the deputy!

Anonymous said...

I weigh 175 pounds. What's on your drivers license?

Anonymous said...

I don't like my brothers wife.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I always do a good job of supporting my husband.

Anonymous said...

I am having an affair. I don't want to leave it. He is everything I have ever wanted, mentally, emotionally, and sexually.

Anonymous said...

I used to look at porn but I don't anymore. I still masturbate regularly though. My spouse knew about the porn problem and together we overcame it. My spouse does not know that I masturbate regularly. I'm not sure how to communicate that one.

Anonymous said...

I had an affair with my husband's brother.

Anonymous said...

I don't like my husband's sister.

Anonymous said...

I still smoke pot on occasion.

Anonymous said...

8:24 - You don't want to leave it? Is it not making you feel terrible and eating you up? Please go to a Christian counselor and see why you feel you need this. God can heal your marriage if you want him to.

Anonymous said...

I personally think everyone on here should find and try out a Celebrate Recovery program near them :) There is nothing on here that I haven't heard there.

As for me, I've already confessed current struggles and you are probably sick of me!

Anonymous said...

I don't read my Bible very much.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone ever feeled paranoid that someone is writing a comment about you?? Like 8:09, are you my sister-in-law?? Why don't you like me??

Anonymous said...

I don't like my husbands sisters at all they think they are better than everyone else.

Anonymous said...

My bathroom is disgusting dirty.

Anonymous said...

To get back at my husband I made his bath water and then peed in it.

Anonymous said...

11:29- What did your husband do to deserve that?

Anonymous said...

I don't like my new position at work. I find it very boring and I feel like I'm wasting my education.

Anonymous said...

Some people don't like me because they think I'm better than they are and I really don't give a damn!

Anonymous said...

I think people who think instrumental music in worship is a salvation issue or should define fellowship have a faith that was given to them and is not their own. I think the arguments against instruments are weak and fall apart with just a little thought.

We need to read Romans 14 and get over ourselves.

Anonymous said...

9:24...YES some people do bad things and it feels good and it's hard to stop.

I did. I used to look at this blog and when people talked about affairs it made me sick. It's all out in the open now.

8:24 I encourage you to stop! No he's not all you have ever wanted, GOD is all you need. He gave you your husband. He gave you your life. You're convincing yourself it's "better", that he "completes you". Christ, and only Christ can complete us.

SO WAKE UP! It's going to be hard, and it will take a lot but you have to stop. Tell "Mr. Perfect" that you're going public with this affair and see how wonderful he is then, I am sure he won't seem as great then! They never are, he's using you to get what he wants and needs. You're believing a lie!

Anonymous said...

2:37, I don't attend a church with instrumental music, but I also don't think it's a salvation issue either! I would doubt many people I go to church with do either. It's the worship style that our denomination practices, and it's one I don't argue with.

We choose not to use instruments in worship, our voices are our instruments. It's not a big deal and if you sing Amazing Grace with a guitar and piano, I don't think you're going to hell! Praise on! Rock on! Whatever...you do it your way, we'll do it our way!

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha 8:00am! Mine still says 115 lbs from when I got married! :) I've only gained 80 lbs in that 10 years, wonder if I should change that ;) I'm sure they are thinking, ya in her wildest dreams she weighs that!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like my husband's sister and her husband very much.

I tolerate them, to say the least!

They are procrastinators, lazy (haven't had jobs in over 2 years, kind of lazy!), they think they are SO much better than everyone else (judging everyone constantly!)and I'm sick of it!

There, I feel better! I hope she does read this and maybe then she'll understand this ick feeling I feel for them!!

Confession works. And please, don't give me advice today! I don't want to hear anymore!!

Anonymous said...

The 2:37 music poster here.

I attend the Church of Christ. I know all about voices and worship. I think acapella singing is beautiful, but i don't think it is the only way that pleases God, and I don't even think it's necessarily the best, either.

Anonymous said...

who hoo hit counter at 35000! pretty good for an experiment!

Anonymous said...

8:24 here.

I didn't say I wouldn't ever stop it, I just said I didn't want to.

Yes, my behavior bothers me. But to be honest, not enough to make a difference right now. I cannot stand my husband. He is a complete jerk. I know that doesn't make this affair right. I'm just confessing honestly today that I have no desire to give up what I've found in my affair partner.

Anonymous said...

8:24...

it's me again, the one who's BEEN THERE!

Have you truly tried to understand why you in the affair? Check out the book Torn Asunder, and possibly you'll see your husband isn't a jerk but his behavior isn't something you love right now. Behavior can be changed if it's addressed and recognized.

I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

1:59, this is 8:24......thank you SO MUCH. For responding, for caring, for praying.

I will check out the book. I need to read something that can help.

I don't want to sin. I'm just feeling so lonely and ignored by my husband, except when he wants sex. Not trying to sound like a victim here.......just hurting. This other man has done so much for me. Maybe we're both selfish but it helps me get through the day.

Thanks for listening. Again, I really appreciate you....

Anonymous said...

1:59, and 8:24, thank you both so much for sharing and caring. that is so much how Jesus wants us to be for each other. i am praying and thankful for you both.

Anonymous said...

2:37, I am totally with you on the instrumental music thing! I grew up in a non-instrumental church and still go to one because my husband still doesn't feel comfortable with instruments, and I don't want him to do something that makes him feel like he's sinning, but I have a real problem when people say that instruments are a salvation issue. If it was a salvation issue, or even something God wanted His church to divide over, I think He would have said so. I'm always afraid to admit how I feel to people at church though, for fear that I'll be labeled as a "liberal". Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Anonymous said...

Liberal Commie

Anonymous said...

so instruments were ok in ot times, and will be again in heaven? oh i get it just not right now. this is a test. i love worshipping with others who are worshipping with the musical talents God gave them! it adds a whole new area of praise. acapella is beautiful too, i just prefer instrumental accompaniment.

Anonymous said...

I'm c of c and completely feel it's a preference and has nothing to do with salvation. I love acapella so I choose that way.