Better safety for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. It would also be nice if the plans Obama proposes could realistically be read completely by avaerage Americans.
To shut their mouths and quit making empty promises. One says one thing, the other a complete different and then Obama comes out and says something in the middle. Be a leader not a mediator! Get off your butt and get some things done.
Everyone keeps saying to give him time, well, we're coming up on one year and NOT one thing GOOD has been done! He hasn't done a thing he promised!
this administration has spent more money trying to "fix" things without thinking them through first that its putting us into more trouble - the economy will fix itself eventually. Stop making it worse.
You ask if I am serious? As serious as cancer! As a nation we are still facing a potential economic crisis. Real, substantive issues must be dealt with. It is irresponsible for Sarah Palin do throw around terms like “death squads”, especially when her family has personally benefited from the largess of “The Government” in the form of Title VIII. While Glen Beck displays poster from Nazi Germany in order to smear efforts to reform health care, he needs to remember that it is “The Government” that has protected his right to self-expression and under other circumstances his absurdist self- promoting rants would be silenced. What can I say about Rush Limbaugh?
More importantly, who among the readers of this blog does not have a parent covered by Medicare? Who among us has a family member or friend that benefits from Social Security? And when, as a people, did we get so stingy? We want the moniker of “Christian nation” yet too many of us reel at the thought of visiting the sick and imprisoned, or feeding the hungry or clothing the naked.
Our character is nobler than the portrait painted on cable TV and at the shouting matches that pass for town hall meetings. Our elected leaders face daunting decisions and their task is made no easier by hyperbolic rhetoric.
If you are extreme anything, it doesn't work. Extreme democrats giving government too much power can bankrupt the nation along with make medical advances halt because of no competition and no big pay offs.
Extreme Repubs can give too much to big buisnesses and not enough oversight which can cause Enron!
I think anyone who is extreme anything is the ignorant one. I think this healthcare is too extreme and they need to come up with a different plan.
What most people don't realize is the president does not have THAT much power. Bush could have been a better communicator, sure. Everything else people hate him for was done with the information he was given. It was also not him personally that created the economic downfall and was already in the works before he started. People who bash ANY presidents are seriously the ignorant ones! Obama may have not really gotten anything done, but he has to go through many people first!
7:07, I love what you said. I hope people who know that I post comments here think it was me.
This whole business of the strategic and orchestrated disruption of the town hall meetings is ridiculous. Protesting is one thing. But what has gone on lately is different.
I think whoever came up with the term "astroturf movement" to describe it is a genious. What a perfect way to describe the non-grass-roots nature of what is happening.
What we need is Health Insurance reform NOT Health Care Reform. Do we really want the gov't involved in our health care? NOT ME!!! I want some straight talk from these people. Quit giving us the run around and listen to what the people want. And by the way if all this was turned around and it was the liberals protesting at town hall meetings, they would be portrayed as heros and true american patriots. Not to mention the ACLU being all over it. Give me a break!!!!
9:06, there is a HUGE difference between protest and obstruction of the whole process.
Give yourself a break. I'm not giving you one.
When you say the ACLU would be all over it, are you making some sort of stab at free speech issues? What is ironic is that these manufactured disruptions and hijackings of town hall meetings keep the voices of the sincere and inquiring from being heard.
I am so sick of hearing white people whine, "I want my country back!" Have you noticed that NONE of that is coming from minorities?
"Death Panels" not "Death squads" and she was using it in reference to the "end of life conseling" and lack care her downs son would receive since he "wouldn't contribute to society". Thankfully they have dropped that stupid provision since her statement and a lot of people's outrage.
Please post a link showing Glen Beck displaying Nazi flags.
Google "Glenn Beck Nazi Poster": 1700 hits in 1.1 seconds
"end of life conseling (sic)" is nothing more that initiating the conversation regarding living wills which I hope ever reader has already considered just to relieve others and take ownership of your own condition.
Glen Beck wasn't waving the nazi flag because he is a nazi, he was showing his audience a couple of posters from Nazi Germany and how sick they were and how this is what could happen. He said himself that he doesn't think Obama is going to kill your Grandma, but he wants people to look at who Obama surrounds himself around the crap they spew and what could possibly happen if we let them ration healthcare.
I REALLY REALLY don't agree with those of you who want the government in control of our health care. Look at how well they do controlling other things...and then they get to make decisions about my health??? I'm so scared for the US if Obamacare passes.
Um, people aren't allowed to PROTEST at town hall meetings? Give me a break. So what if it's organized?? People can't organize and say "we all care enough about this that we all want to show up and say something"? And, don't we have free speech in this society? If some people get worked up when they're talking at the town hall meetings, it's because this is SUCH an important issue!!
I don't say this to be mean, but some of you need to watch some non-liberal news.
Look how well they are running "Cash for Clunkers" (they run out of money are aren't paying the dealerships), you seriously want them to run your health care??
Why do you want people who won't even participate in the same health plan decide your health care?? does that not bother you that they don't even want it for themselves??
The government has gotten way out of control. Government bailouts? We the people are going to pay for it through taxes. Cash for Clunkers? We the people are going to pay for it through taxes. Obama promised change, but never said 'what' change. Be careful what you ask for. Yes I want change, but I don't want Socialism or Marxism. I want to throw them all out of office and start over. Get rid of the Democratic and Republican parties and all of the special interest groups. ...um...didn't Obama promise that there would be no more special interest groups in his white house also? That didn't happen either. Pretty much everything Obama has said, he has gone back on his promise(s). We don't need government health care.
Glenn Beck. Have you even watched him? Don't slam him till you've watched a few of his shows. Just started watching him and can't get enough! Finally, someone who tells both sides of the story and is honest!
This is 3:03 again. Just got this e-mail and couldn't resist. I couldn't have said it better:
Let me get this straight.
Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it and whose members will be exempt from it, signed by a president who smokes, funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
32 comments:
countering the absurd obstructionist bleatings of those who ignorantly parrot the palin/beck/limbugh party-line.
Better safety for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.
It would also be nice if the plans Obama proposes could realistically be read completely by avaerage Americans.
Hasn't he done enough already?
To shut their mouths and quit making empty promises. One says one thing, the other a complete different and then Obama comes out and says something in the middle. Be a leader not a mediator! Get off your butt and get some things done.
Everyone keeps saying to give him time, well, we're coming up on one year and NOT one thing GOOD has been done! He hasn't done a thing he promised!
7:07, seriously??
the economy
this administration has spent more money trying to "fix" things without thinking them through first that its putting us into more trouble - the economy will fix itself eventually. Stop making it worse.
off question - but I need to know the name of the plastic surgeron that several girls that we know have used.
He needs to stop making things worse. I am amazed there are people out there who think he is a great President.
You ask if I am serious? As serious as cancer! As a nation we are still facing a potential economic crisis. Real, substantive issues must be dealt with. It is irresponsible for Sarah Palin do throw around terms like “death squads”, especially when her family has personally benefited from the largess of “The Government” in the form of Title VIII. While Glen Beck displays poster from Nazi Germany in order to smear efforts to reform health care, he needs to remember that it is “The Government” that has protected his right to self-expression and under other circumstances his absurdist self- promoting rants would be silenced. What can I say about Rush Limbaugh?
More importantly, who among the readers of this blog does not have a parent covered by Medicare? Who among us has a family member or friend that benefits from Social Security? And when, as a people, did we get so stingy? We want the moniker of “Christian nation” yet too many of us reel at the thought of visiting the sick and imprisoned, or feeding the hungry or clothing the naked.
Our character is nobler than the portrait painted on cable TV and at the shouting matches that pass for town hall meetings. Our elected leaders face daunting decisions and their task is made no easier by hyperbolic rhetoric.
Am I serious? Yes, I’m serious.
7:07-- word.
If you are extreme anything, it doesn't work. Extreme democrats giving government too much power can bankrupt the nation along with make medical advances halt because of no competition and no big pay offs.
Extreme Repubs can give too much to big buisnesses and not enough oversight which can cause Enron!
I think anyone who is extreme anything is the ignorant one. I think this healthcare is too extreme and they need to come up with a different plan.
What most people don't realize is the president does not have THAT much power. Bush could have been a better communicator, sure. Everything else people hate him for was done with the information he was given. It was also not him personally that created the economic downfall and was already in the works before he started. People who bash ANY presidents are seriously the ignorant ones! Obama may have not really gotten anything done, but he has to go through many people first!
7:07, I love what you said. I hope people who know that I post comments here think it was me.
This whole business of the strategic and orchestrated disruption of the town hall meetings is ridiculous. Protesting is one thing. But what has gone on lately is different.
I think whoever came up with the term "astroturf movement" to describe it is a genious. What a perfect way to describe the non-grass-roots nature of what is happening.
his mom jeans
What we need is Health Insurance reform NOT Health Care Reform. Do we really want the gov't involved in our health care? NOT ME!!! I want some straight talk from these people. Quit giving us the run around and listen to what the people want.
And by the way if all this was turned around and it was the liberals protesting at town hall meetings, they would be portrayed as heros and true american patriots. Not to mention the ACLU being all over it. Give me a break!!!!
side note: Tom DeLay on Dancing with the Stars??? New low. For everyone.
8:23 - ha ha I laughed out!!!!!!!
9:06, there is a HUGE difference between protest and obstruction of the whole process.
Give yourself a break. I'm not giving you one.
When you say the ACLU would be all over it, are you making some sort of stab at free speech issues? What is ironic is that these manufactured disruptions and hijackings of town hall meetings keep the voices of the sincere and inquiring from being heard.
I am so sick of hearing white people whine, "I want my country back!" Have you noticed that NONE of that is coming from minorities?
"Death Panels" not "Death squads" and she was using it in reference to the "end of life conseling" and lack care her downs son would receive since he "wouldn't contribute to society". Thankfully they have dropped that stupid provision since her statement and a lot of people's outrage.
Please post a link showing Glen Beck displaying Nazi flags.
Anyone care to guess what Obama is going to "fix" next? I am guessing the Defense of Marriage Act.
August 18, 2009 6:04 AM
Google "Glenn Beck Nazi Poster": 1700 hits in 1.1 seconds
"end of life conseling (sic)" is nothing more that initiating the conversation regarding living wills which I hope ever reader has already considered just to relieve others and take ownership of your own condition.
Glen Beck wasn't waving the nazi flag because he is a nazi, he was showing his audience a couple of posters from Nazi Germany and how sick they were and how this is what could happen. He said himself that he doesn't think Obama is going to kill your Grandma, but he wants people to look at who Obama surrounds himself around the crap they spew and what could possibly happen if we let them ration healthcare.
I REALLY REALLY don't agree with those of you who want the government in control of our health care. Look at how well they do controlling other things...and then they get to make decisions about my health??? I'm so scared for the US if Obamacare passes.
Um, people aren't allowed to PROTEST at town hall meetings? Give me a break. So what if it's organized?? People can't organize and say "we all care enough about this that we all want to show up and say something"? And, don't we have free speech in this society? If some people get worked up when they're talking at the town hall meetings, it's because this is SUCH an important issue!!
I don't say this to be mean, but some of you need to watch some non-liberal news.
"but some of you need to watch some non-liberal news."
And you would recommend who?
i think they don't give a suggestion because it would betray their own bias.
so whatever!
Look how well they are running "Cash for Clunkers" (they run out of money are aren't paying the dealerships), you seriously want them to run your health care??
That's because Cash for Clunkers worked better than they thought.
Why do you want people who won't even participate in the same health plan decide your health care?? does that not bother you that they don't even want it for themselves??
The government has gotten way out of control. Government bailouts? We the people are going to pay for it through taxes. Cash for Clunkers? We the people are going to pay for it through taxes. Obama promised change, but never said 'what' change. Be careful what you ask for. Yes I want change, but I don't want Socialism or Marxism. I want to throw them all out of office and start over. Get rid of the Democratic and Republican parties and all of the special interest groups. ...um...didn't Obama promise that there would be no more special interest groups in his white house also? That didn't happen either. Pretty much everything Obama has said, he has gone back on his promise(s). We don't need government health care.
Glenn Beck. Have you even watched him? Don't slam him till you've watched a few of his shows. Just started watching him and can't get enough! Finally, someone who tells both sides of the story and is honest!
3:03, can we be friends? We agree on a lot of stuff.
7:36
(sliding my soap box back under the table)
: )
This is 3:03 again. Just got this e-mail and couldn't resist. I couldn't have said it better:
Let me get this straight.
Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it and whose members will be exempt from it, signed by a president who smokes, funded by a treasury chief who did not pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that is broke.
What could possibly go wrong?
Post a Comment