Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How do you handle a grumpy a co-worker?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we don't handle it, we just ignore it.

Anonymous said...

They are everywhere - dissatisfied people who make your life miserable - if you let them. I ignored it for awhile and then I just called her on something one day and she backed down. We now have a good relationship.

Anonymous said...

I think we all have our grumpy days (some of us more than others and I sadly too often fall into the "more than others" category.) When my co-workers are grumpy, I just give them space because when I'm grumpy that is all I want...my space.

Anonymous said...

With xanax! J/k. Sort of.

Anonymous said...

It would probably help if you knew why they were grumpy. I've never known anyone who was unhappy for no reason. They may be bearing some pretty heavy burdens and don't have the same support system as you do.

Anonymous said...

Ignore them. But I also try not to add to their stress. I do extra work for them, stay out of their way, try not ask alot of questions, ect.

I hate when I tired/grumpy and people won't leave me alone. I usually don't have a life altering reason for being grumpy, I'm just tired and grumpy!

Anonymous said...

If its someone who is grumpy a lot then I ignore them (my boss). If it's someone who is usually not grumpy I ask if everythings ok and ask if there is something I can do (my office neighbor).
But lately the neighbor and I have both been grumpy a lot and it's because neither one of us are happy with our jobs. But we are both looking for new jobs to fix that problem.

Anonymous said...

I have a grumpy co-worker, and I have no idea how to handle it. I've tried different things. Not much works.

I just try to keep my head down.

Anonymous said...

A short prayer seems to help...patience for me and assistance for them in whatever is causing the grumpiness.

Anonymous said...

avoiding them as much as possible!!!

Anonymous said...

I usually try to diffuse with something light-hearted if this is just the perpetual state of the person. A lot of times grumpy people are water seeking its own level. It is too easy to get mired down in the grump.

If it's a friend who is having an off day, we talk. If it is affecting our relationships or jobs, I call them on it.