Of course not! It's safe to assume that at least a few of the people swindled by Madoff have died or will die of cancer while enduring the shock of financial bankruptcy.
If this question is obliquely directed at the Lockerbie disaster, the recent decision to release that prisoner reflects more on the strength of the original indictment.
Nope. Prisoners get health care. I have family who work for the prison system. Some prisoners get better health care than we do. I'm sure he's in good hands where he's at and his illness should not prevent him from serving out his sentence.
And like 7:51 said...if this question has anything to do with the Lockerbie disaster, well, I can't believe they would release him to show him mercy. Not giving him the death penalty was showing him mercy and that is as much mercy as he deserved because he obviously showed no mercy -- or remorse -- for all the people he killed.
He committed a huge, horrible crime. He needs to pay the consequences for his actions. The consequences are jail time. The unfortunate thing is the cancer. One doesn't replace the other.
He should serve his sentence regardless of his medical state. You do the crime you pay the time! There are always consequences for our actions whether good or bad. There eternal consequences for everyone as well. God created hell because he can not be in the presence of evil. Unfortunately there will be people in hell for eternity. And unfortunately Madoff made poor choices that he KNEW were wrong at the time and continued in it anyway for his own gain! Even if he is converted he should still serve his time.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
19 comments:
Absolutely not.
Nope. He should have that before he did the crime.
Of course not! It's safe to assume that at least a few of the people swindled by Madoff have died or will die of cancer while enduring the shock of financial bankruptcy.
If this question is obliquely directed at the Lockerbie disaster, the recent decision to release that prisoner reflects more on the strength of the original indictment.
Nope. Prisoners get health care. I have family who work for the prison system. Some prisoners get better health care than we do. I'm sure he's in good hands where he's at and his illness should not prevent him from serving out his sentence.
And like 7:51 said...if this question has anything to do with the Lockerbie disaster, well, I can't believe they would release him to show him mercy. Not giving him the death penalty was showing him mercy and that is as much mercy as he deserved because he obviously showed no mercy -- or remorse -- for all the people he killed.
Not at all. Serve sentence.
NO!!!!
now now aren't we quick to judge.
There is no judging involved my part.
He committed a huge, horrible crime. He needs to pay the consequences for his actions. The consequences are jail time. The unfortunate thing is the cancer. One doesn't replace the other.
What would Jesus do in this situtaion? Just a thought.
Nope. Not at all.
12:49-
What WOULD Jesus do?
I don;t know, that is why I am asking.
I think Jesus would have him live out the consequence. Doesn't mean heaven isn't available to him.
Jesus would tell him to go and leave his life of sin. I am guessing. And make the point about all of our sinfulness.
Paul would preach to him and prison and convert him. And his jailers.
If Bernie Madoff would have asked "What Would Jesus Do?" we wouldn't be having this conversation.
He should serve his sentence regardless of his medical state. You do the crime you pay the time! There are always consequences for our actions whether good or bad. There eternal consequences for everyone as well. God created hell because he can not be in the presence of evil. Unfortunately there will be people in hell for eternity. And unfortunately Madoff made poor choices that he KNEW were wrong at the time and continued in it anyway for his own gain! Even if he is converted he should still serve his time.
He has already been judged and found guilty. Do the time! What would Jesus do - I have no doubt he would say "serve your term, go and send no more".
Ha ha, go and send no more!
Bernie Madoff is jewish so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ask What Would Jesus Do.
Just sayin.
Post a Comment