Friday, August 14, 2009

Reader Rally

First one here leave a question.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the most romantic thing your husband has ever done for you?

Anonymous said...

My husband is not super romantic, I was fully aware he was like that when we got married, so I try not to complain and I know he loves me. Flowers every once in awhile would be nice though or a letter saying how much he aprreciates and loves me would be nice too.

Anonymous said...

Husband isn't romantic but he once made a CD for us with love songs.

Anonymous said...

this is sad..that not all husbands are romantic. my husband is very romantic... the best was when he asked me to marry him limo flowers and the whole 9 yards i had no clue he was even planning something..and we lived together. but he is always leaving me flowers and nice cards places for me to find even after 11 years married and 13 together!!! (he is not as good as he used to be) but he still does it!!

Anonymous said...

Took us on a surprise vacation, just the 2 of us and planned everything!

Anonymous said...

Nothing, but love me despite all my faults.

Anonymous said...

the dishes

Anonymous said...

I can't think of one spontaneous "romantic" thing he has done for me throughout the years. But he is a very helpful and sacrificing person and that has been enough.

Anonymous said...

I am 6:20 and in his defense, I don't think I am attracted to super romantic guys. If a guy wrote me love poems every day and cried about how much he loved me often, that would probably weird me out. Not saying it is bad, just not for me.

Anonymous said...

ya, I agree, my husband is not romantic either, just not his nature, so on the rare occasion that he does do something romantic it means a lot because I know it was out of his comfort zone.

Anonymous said...

This ? was an easy one! I am married to the sweetest guy alive, he's not weepy romantic, but he only thinks about me. Every night he wants to rub my feet or my shoulders until I go to sleep! He gets me flowers quite often. He gets up with the kids in the morning so I can get an extra hour of zzzz's. He loves to plan getaways for us and the kids.

I'd rather know what women do that is romantic for their husbands?!? Nothing Usually!

Anonymous said...

11:20 here again, I forgot to finish :) He proposed to me in March when the daffodils bloom. He took me to a field of all yellow daffodils and made me close my eyes and carried me till we got to the center of the field. It was Super Romantic and took a lot of thought and planning! All of his family was at his parents house waiting for us to get back and celebrate! So, this is by far the most romantic thing he's ever done!

Anonymous said...

This is confirming how much I want to be with another man. I have to beg for a mothers day card and for it to saying something other than just his name. This year is said I Love You only! When it is his turn to plan the date, I'll ask that afternoon who is watching him and he'll say he couldn't find anyone! I have to beg for a back rub and maybe even shed tears before he'll do that and even then I'll get a no. Thank you all for reminding me how selfish my husband is and how he loves his job more than me.

If the question was reversed, I would so be able to answer!

Anonymous said...

4:15, Please don't read my next question as judgmental or snotty. I ask it with sincerity.

Would your husband say that you are meeting his emotional needs? And meeting them the way he would prefer?

Anonymous said...

My sweet husband always does romantic things for me...leaves little notes in my car for me to find when I leave for work, makes me breakfast and remembers to do all the little things I like!

Anonymous said...

4:15 here. I would say I have somewhat given up and drifted away. I used to try. I would plan dates, I would make 9:00 no TV and talk time. I'd try and find out what his needs were and tell him mine. He just doesn't know how to think about anyone but himself. We are starting counseling Monday though. Pray it helps!

Anonymous said...

The most romantic thing this week was to stroke my hair while I was sick in the middle of the night and then stay home the next morning from work so I could recover. Not traditional, but very romantic in my book.