Monday, November 23, 2009

What are your thoughts on the Salvation Army bell ringers?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Servants

Anonymous said...

It's annoying but we donate. I don't think the bell is really necessary. My kids love to drop money in the bucket. Maybe they could let the kids ring a bell when they drop in the money instead.

Anonymous said...

Gives me a headache. But it is a good reminder that there are people in need this time of year. I don't donate to them, I donate directly to a family in need that I have been supporting for a few years now. But it's a good way for others to donate I guess.

Anonymous said...

Let 'em ring.

Anonymous said...

It's a good reminder for us, let them keep ringing the bell!!

Anonymous said...

7:36 here

Did you hear they are going to accept Credit Cards this year? I don't feel like that is a very good idea personally with all the credit card debt out there. But to each their own I guess.

Anonymous said...

I wish it was the Red Cross or something like that ringing the bell, I'd give them all I have on me! Our local Salvation Army is a pain in my neck! They are getting SO picky about donations and donation hours! They will literally go through all your donations and reject things like sippy cups, bottles, cloth diapers and such bc they are not new and have the possibility of being unsanitary! Well so are underwear but they still take those!! I don't give them a cent!

Anonymous said...

I have rung bells for them before. It is fun.

My father and brother are ringing bells this year. They have said nothing about the credit cards...

Anonymous said...

I know of High School Band students that have been hired for the season to play their instrument and play Christmas music. That gets your attention and is more enjoyable than the ringing bell. I haven't asked them what they get paid.

Anonymous said...

Don't bell ringers get paid too?

I think it is fine that they do, but if they get paid, I don't think of them as servants.

Anonymous said...

I love and hate the bells. Love the reminder of the giving attitude this season is truly about, but hate the reminder of how little I think of others. I think it is a good way to support a very noble organization. I can't say I would notice them if they didn't ring the bells.

Anonymous said...

Ring away!

Anonymous said...

Love em! Doing the most good,before anyone else did, and before it became "fashionable" to help the homeless.