Monday, November 2, 2009

Do you like it when Daylight Savings Time ends? What are your general thoughts on DST?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that we would just let it be. I hate it in the winter when it gets darker sooner. It's just depressing!

Anonymous said...

I like it when it is lighter in the evening than in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Although it is nice being light when I get up, I much rather it be light when I get home from work. I don't get home until around 6:00 by the time I pick up my son from daycare, it will be completely dark. Not to mention it wreaks havoc on my son's sleeping schedule. I wish they would just leave it year around.

Anonymous said...

I love DST.

My internal clock is all out of whack right now.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I hate it when it gets dark early. And NO ONE likes losing an hour of sleep in the spring. I'm sure there are technical reasons to it but I just know it gets dark way too early!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya'll, year round please!

Anonymous said...

From what I understand (but I'm not 100% on my facts), it all started with the farmers. So they can still get up early to harvest their crops. But when eventually (when farming wasn't a big issue for most) they kept it for the school kids riding the bus. So it wouldn't be so dark for them in the morning.

Either way, I don't like it getting dark early.

Anonymous said...

I prefer it to stay lighter in the evening. I work for a small company on the side and I go into their shop after I leave my office. I leave their place before it gets dark bc it's not a good part of town. Now I will have to start going into the shop before coming to the office, this isn't going to be pretty. I am not a morning person at all!!

Anonymous said...

Didn't DST have something to do with saving energy use (electricity) when it was extended to cover more days?

It was nice to wake with some daylight but I will not like it being dark at 6.
Going to be a wacky day.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the change in light and dark, but time change is hard on my kids. People have been telling me "but you get an extra hour of sleep!" Yet, my kids' internal clocks don't change overnight. They wake up at the same time, regardless of what the clock on the wall says.

Anonymous said...

9:20- No, you are not a morning person. :)

Anonymous said...

The reasons are about electricity -but they have not proven that it really saves that much. I would personally like to see them leave it alone!

Anonymous said...

Fun fact. It's actually Daylight Saving Time. Not savings! I wish it was daylight saving time all year round. It is dark way too early and so it gives my kids less playing time after school.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Arizona, Indiana and Hawaii don't participate in Day Light Savings Time?

Anonymous said...

only parts of Indiana don't participate. Isn't that weird.

Anonymous said...

I hate DST. I blame Obama.

Anonymous said...

Neither does Alaska I believe. I don't understand how that is. How could you hate DST? Don't you hate it getting dark at 6? I don't know how soccer practice is going to work?? We shouldn't have fallen back. Just kept the DST.