Once I was baby-sitting some kids... one of them was going on a church outing and was supposed to take a lunch - I had to drop him off - I COMPLETELY FORGOT to pack a lunch...
I figured one of the staff would have extras just in case - but NOPE he went hungry the whole time..............
I haven't done this but I cringe when I see people post bad stuff about their kids on their blogs. i mean, how would you feel if your parent did that? Someday when they apply for a job someone is going to google their name, ya know? I know one guy who posted a video of his kid throwing a fit! Now that is MEAN.
I was walking with my daughter in the mall when she started throwing a fit. She dropped to the floor and I lifted her up by one hand. She screamed all the way home. I later realized that by lifting her up by one hand, I had dislocated her elbow. I felt like crap! (to say the least about how she felt)
Don't get me wrong, it was nothing out of anger or child abuse.
Lesson Learned: NEVER pick up small children by one arm. Always use both arms.
2:35, That same thing happened to my son. He went to run down a flight of stairs at age 3 and I grabbed his arm and after about 10 mins of nonstop screaming we went to the er. It happens quite often I guess. His was 'sensitive' and did it if you swung him in circles by his arms too. We had to be real careful.
I agree this was a sucky question!
My worst thing was when my daughter was 3. She threw a hissy fit about picking up her toys, well, I got angry and tossed her plastic toy bin (lk a rubbermaid bin) in her room, not anywhere near her of course, and it burst into pieces, lk plastic bins do! Scared her half to death!! I'll never forget the look of fear in her eyes. I immediately hugged her till she calmed down!?!
1:52- Kids throwing a fit is cute. I would not mind if my mom posted things like that. Now, of course, I'd never post things like "my child is terrible why did God give him to me!" But everyone knows kids do crazy ornery things so I can't imagine a kid being embarrased or caring. When I made my wedding slide show. I purposefully picked the ones that were funny and more embarrasing.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
12 comments:
Made them feel small just to make me feel big
Scared them by screaming at them.
Yell until they cry and leave me alone. Way to cheer me up today...
Once I was baby-sitting some kids... one of them was going on a church outing and was supposed to take a lunch - I had to drop him off - I COMPLETELY FORGOT to pack a lunch...
I figured one of the staff would have extras just in case - but NOPE he went hungry the whole time..............
Gossiped about them behind their backs........
This question sucks.
I haven't done this but I cringe when I see people post bad stuff about their kids on their blogs. i mean, how would you feel if your parent did that? Someday when they apply for a job someone is going to google their name, ya know? I know one guy who posted a video of his kid throwing a fit! Now that is MEAN.
Ever heard of "Nurse Maids Elbow"?
I was walking with my daughter in the mall when she started throwing a fit. She dropped to the floor and I lifted her up by one hand. She screamed all the way home. I later realized that by lifting her up by one hand, I had dislocated her elbow. I felt like crap! (to say the least about how she felt)
Don't get me wrong, it was nothing out of anger or child abuse.
Lesson Learned:
NEVER pick up small children by one arm. Always use both arms.
2:35, That same thing happened to my son. He went to run down a flight of stairs at age 3 and I grabbed his arm and after about 10 mins of nonstop screaming we went to the er. It happens quite often I guess. His was 'sensitive' and did it if you swung him in circles by his arms too. We had to be real careful.
I agree this was a sucky question!
My worst thing was when my daughter was 3. She threw a hissy fit about picking up her toys, well, I got angry and tossed her plastic toy bin (lk a rubbermaid bin) in her room, not anywhere near her of course, and it burst into pieces, lk plastic bins do! Scared her half to death!! I'll never forget the look of fear in her eyes. I immediately hugged her till she calmed down!?!
1:52- Kids throwing a fit is cute. I would not mind if my mom posted things like that. Now, of course, I'd never post things like "my child is terrible why did God give him to me!" But everyone knows kids do crazy ornery things so I can't imagine a kid being embarrased or caring. When I made my wedding slide show. I purposefully picked the ones that were funny and more embarrasing.
2:35 - We've been there too! We thought our kid's arm was broken. And I agree - never pick a kid up by one arm!
I embarassed a student in my class, ridiculed him for not knowing how to write in cursive. On his first day of school. Made him cry. Yeah. I suck.
Post a Comment