For those who don't want to type that address in your computer, it is a dating service for married couples to have affairs. I personally find it totally inapproaite and wrong and would be incredibly upset if my husband was even just visiting it. I would probably cry a lot and ask him if he has done anything and then tell him we need to go to counseling immediately.
OP, I hope you did not discover your spouse had an account. I truly do. I think if you did, your marriage is in trouble and you should get help immediately.
If you did not make that discovery, I am saddened that you would draw attention to a website like this. I have never heard of it and hope my husband has not either. If you have read this blog for very long, you see there are several here who are tempted with adultery or have unstable marriages. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to give them more resources. If I could remove the url address from this question I would (Sarah, can you?). I don't think the question is wrong, but I do think listing the site is potentially damaging. I mean, even on my rant I am still curious to go check it out.
I'm glad I didn't try to go to the web site, because my kids are sitting right beside me while I am eating breakfast. As a family we look at our friends blogs and this one while we eat breakfast.
I will talk to my children about this when age appropriate, but I am glad they didnt' see any pictures.
I agree that the website address in this question should be removed.
I have heard about it becaue they talked about it on the view, had the owner/founder whatever come to talk about it. They didn't exactly portray it in a positive light BUT it made me MAD that it was basically an advertisement for the site! UGH! I remember he said something about earning tokens or points on it, and Elizabeth on the view said something like "It's Chuck E Cheese for cheaters!"
In answering your question:
1. The website is sick.
2. I can't imagine my husband having one, ha, but we'd get some major therapy if he did. I would think I would have done something wrong for him to be looking at a site like that............
Wow, the front page of that website says where the morals are in today's world. It's sad! Life is short, DON'T have an affair! If I found out my spouse had an account, we would probably get a divorce. That would say a lot.
Crap, I'm tempted. I can see myself getting one so I will try and forget about it. I'm wondering why it's not called nomorals.com or adultery.com? I sure hope it's not the name of his two children?
2:09, did you get an account? I sure hope you didn't.
I am the first person to answer and I just typed in that address in my search to see what info came up. I am sure glad I didn't type it in my address bar, that would of been awlful to have to expain that to someone.
I asked my husband not even to visit this blog today. Told him the topic, explained that the name of the website was here, and asked him not even to come check this out.
2:09 --> Do you think that the fact that your tempted is actually a bad sign? I'm just saying this to provide you with a little help. Perhaps you need to see a counselor or talk your husband into going on a marriage retreat?
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
14 comments:
1. What is your opinion about the website www.ashleymadison.com?
2. If you found that your spouse had an account, what would you do?
For those who don't want to type that address in your computer, it is a dating service for married couples to have affairs. I personally find it totally inapproaite and wrong and would be incredibly upset if my husband was even just visiting it. I would probably cry a lot and ask him if he has done anything and then tell him we need to go to counseling immediately.
That's really sad. I would be devestated if I found out my spouse had an account.
to the one who asked the question, why do you know about that site? I have never heard of it.
OP, I hope you did not discover your spouse had an account. I truly do. I think if you did, your marriage is in trouble and you should get help immediately.
If you did not make that discovery, I am saddened that you would draw attention to a website like this. I have never heard of it and hope my husband has not either. If you have read this blog for very long, you see there are several here who are tempted with adultery or have unstable marriages. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me to give them more resources. If I could remove the url address from this question I would (Sarah, can you?). I don't think the question is wrong, but I do think listing the site is potentially damaging. I mean, even on my rant I am still curious to go check it out.
I'm glad I didn't try to go to the web site, because my kids are sitting right beside me while I am eating breakfast. As a family we look at our friends blogs and this one while we eat breakfast.
I will talk to my children about this when age appropriate, but I am glad they didnt' see any pictures.
I agree that the website address in this question should be removed.
I have heard about it becaue they talked about it on the view, had the owner/founder whatever come to talk about it. They didn't exactly portray it in a positive light BUT it made me MAD that it was basically an advertisement for the site! UGH!
I remember he said something about earning tokens or points on it, and Elizabeth on the view said something like "It's Chuck E Cheese for cheaters!"
In answering your question:
1. The website is sick.
2. I can't imagine my husband having one, ha, but we'd get some major therapy if he did. I would think I would have done something wrong for him to be looking at a site like that............
Wow, the front page of that website says where the morals are in today's world. It's sad! Life is short, DON'T have an affair!
If I found out my spouse had an account, we would probably get a divorce. That would say a lot.
I have never heard of that website, but I don't agree with it at all.
I'm not married so I don't have to worry about finding my spouse on it :)
Crap, I'm tempted. I can see myself getting one so I will try and forget about it. I'm wondering why it's not called nomorals.com or adultery.com? I sure hope it's not the name of his two children?
2:09, did you get an account? I sure hope you didn't.
I am the first person to answer and I just typed in that address in my search to see what info came up. I am sure glad I didn't type it in my address bar, that would of been awlful to have to expain that to someone.
I asked my husband not even to visit this blog today. Told him the topic, explained that the name of the website was here, and asked him not even to come check this out.
2:09 --> Do you think that the fact that your tempted is actually a bad sign? I'm just saying this to provide you with a little help. Perhaps you need to see a counselor or talk your husband into going on a marriage retreat?
We are seeing a counselor. It's a process I guess. No I didn't get an account. Still haven't even looked at the site yet.
Post a Comment