They were just giving a product to the masses which the masses desire, promote and deserve...reality TV. They should face charges...but so should any person who sat glued to the news stations watching.
I don't think so. The more press they give them the happier they probably are. It's what they wanted right? I think the biggest punishment would be to not talk about them anymore or put them on TV.
Definitely! And their attorney said something about it being "child abuse" for the kids to have to watch their parents cuffed and arrested. I think the kids should have to watch so that they see there are consequences to their actions.
I also agree that we definitely need to stop putting them on TV...
8:08 your "..but so should any person who sat glued to the news stations watching." quote is unfair. Yes I watched the balloon racing through the sky, and saw it land thinking there was a poor 6 year old child inside. So what's wrong with that? Why is that such a bad thing? I watched just like I watched 9/11, Katrina, Tsunami, and any other news worthy event. Yes the continually coverage is too much and yes I did not watch anymore once they found the child hiding. But what was that point and what did it have to do with this question?
Yes! I don't know what this crazy father thought would come out of all this. Did he honestly think people wouldn't be angry? He needs to know there are consequences for his stupidity.
YES they should be punished. They can take people uncuffed if they are willing first of all. Kid's don't have to see that. I do think they need jail time or pay a hefty fine for sure.
I don't watch much TV but if they are on the news and I'm watching, I'm not going to turn it off! I am curious to see what is going to happen to them.
Can't you be fined for pulling fire alarms in some places? If you can be punished for that then surely you should/can be punished for pulling something like these people did.
Does anyone know how much it cost taxpayers for the event? I know that the blackhawk helicopters are more than 4500/hour.... just curious how much it co$t?
They committed fraud, and everyone in the family was in on it.
They lied. Officials believed the lie. Officials acted upon the lie. They spent time, energy, money, etc. investigating and searching, all because of the lie. The Denver Airport was shut down because of the lie. The Heenes endangered the lives of many, and inconvenienced countless others (travelers, etc.), through their lie.
This has nothing to do with the media coverage, or who wanted to see the latest sensational thing. The law doesn't include language that says "It's fraud UNLESS the public was really panting to see it on TV." You can't mitigate their crime by the numbers of people who like that sort of thing.
So yes, press charges, put them in jail, give their kids to more responsible parents. And then never mention the Heenes again. Ever.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
19 comments:
Yes!
Absolutely! That stunt cost the tax payers how much. And not to mention the poor kids who have to endure this crazy man.
Yup!
YES YES YES!!!
Finally something I think we can ALL agree on!!
They were just giving a product to the masses which the masses desire, promote and deserve...reality TV. They should face charges...but so should any person who sat glued to the news stations watching.
I don't think so. The more press they give them the happier they probably are. It's what they wanted right? I think the biggest punishment would be to not talk about them anymore or put them on TV.
Definitely! And their attorney said something about it being "child abuse" for the kids to have to watch their parents cuffed and arrested. I think the kids should have to watch so that they see there are consequences to their actions.
I also agree that we definitely need to stop putting them on TV...
8:08 your "..but so should any person who sat glued to the news stations watching." quote is unfair. Yes I watched the balloon racing through the sky, and saw it land thinking there was a poor 6 year old child inside. So what's wrong with that? Why is that such a bad thing? I watched just like I watched 9/11, Katrina, Tsunami, and any other news worthy event. Yes the continually coverage is too much and yes I did not watch anymore once they found the child hiding. But what was that point and what did it have to do with this question?
Yes! I don't know what this crazy father thought would come out of all this. Did he honestly think people wouldn't be angry? He needs to know there are consequences for his stupidity.
YES they should be punished. They can take people uncuffed if they are willing first of all. Kid's don't have to see that. I do think they need jail time or pay a hefty fine for sure.
I don't watch much TV but if they are on the news and I'm watching, I'm not going to turn it off! I am curious to see what is going to happen to them.
Can't you be fined for pulling fire alarms in some places? If you can be punished for that then surely you should/can be punished for pulling something like these people did.
Does anyone know how much it cost taxpayers for the event? I know that the blackhawk helicopters are more than 4500/hour.... just curious how much it co$t?
The only thing I could find said the finial cost is still not known but said "Tens-of-thousands of dollars were spent"
They committed fraud, and everyone in the family was in on it.
They lied.
Officials believed the lie.
Officials acted upon the lie.
They spent time, energy, money, etc. investigating and searching, all because of the lie.
The Denver Airport was shut down because of the lie.
The Heenes endangered the lives of many, and inconvenienced countless others (travelers, etc.), through their lie.
This has nothing to do with the media coverage, or who wanted to see the latest sensational thing. The law doesn't include language that says "It's fraud UNLESS the public was really panting to see it on TV." You can't mitigate their crime by the numbers of people who like that sort of thing.
So yes, press charges, put them in jail, give their kids to more responsible parents. And then never mention the Heenes again. Ever.
Nice use of the word mitigate, 3:04.
And yes.
I think 3:04 said it best!
I think there should be a postmodern faux reality show about a guy who tries to get a reality show but it's a hoax.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!
And ABSOLUTELY YES!
Post a Comment