Monday, October 12, 2009

What keeps you from achieving your dream?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually get up this early to post a question or is it automated?

Anonymous said...

Also, I am living my dream now...so nothing.

Anonymous said...

Money!!!

Anonymous said...

Afraid of having to come home empty handed, money, and being turned down.

Anonymous said...

satan is the ultimate destroyer of dreams. he whispers that we can't do what we dream to do because we are incompetent, have no money, are too ugly, too stupid... get the picture? But we can do more than we ever imagined if we trust the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Money. I need to go back to school to fulfill my dream, but I can't afford it.

Anonymous said...

I read this recently and it has stayed with me. "We are not afraid of failure, we are afraid of success." Is that what is holding us back?

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure I am not afraid of success.

What is frightening about doing something well and being recognized for it?

Anonymous said...

Finances and a little bit of a fear of failure, but finances is the biggest part. I think it's great to dream big, but sometimes you have to be realistic about your situation.

But I also wonder if there haven't been times when God hasn't wanted my dreams/plans to succeed. I always give my big decisions over to him and no matter what I've done to try to do my part to make them succeed, they have fallen short. I'm not sure why, but I have to believe there is a reason.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I have a dream. I have certain hopes for things, such as becoming debt-free and seeing my children become strong independent Christians. Are those dreams? I just don't know if they fall into that category.

Anonymous said...

My children, my husband, even my conscience! I, personally, can't drop everything and move/go back to school for my dreams. I chose to get married and start our family. My life is devoted to them and their needs right now. That is my dream for today! Once they are grown or at least old enough to fend for themselves, I would love to go back to school and fulfill my dream!

Anonymous said...

Money, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Other things are just more important.