This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Is cash back from grocery stores an incentive for you to use reusable grocery bags?
11 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I don't need an incentive to use reuseable bags, I try to do it anyway. It takes a while to get in the habit of bringing your own bag, I admit I still sometimes forget to bring mine. If I got cash back for doing so, that would be a nice added bonus.
i like the concept, it still saves them money, and helps the environment, so it is a win win situation. i have heard in other countries, they charge the customer for bags as well.
I agree with 6:21. I use my reusable bag as often as possible. I wouldn't turn down the money they offered me for using the bag, but it's not necessary.
I think so. I've often intended to use them, but would forget. Hearing this recently actually has inspired me to actually go get my reusable sacks and put them in the car.
I have tons of grocery bags that we used to keep for diaper disposal, instead of a diaper genie. Now we just keep the bags out of habit and use them to take our lunches to school and work. Do you know if those kinds of bags would recieve the credit as well?
I didn't start out using the reusable bags to save the world. I use them because they hold more and it's quicker to get my groceries in the house with the kids.
If they had a cash back bonus I'd never forget them.
How often do you go to the grocery store? I shop every other week. Sometimes once a week. I have 15 bags of groceries! Do you all take 15 reusable bags when you go? I have never bought these bags because I don't see how it will hold what I need it to.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
11 comments:
I don't need an incentive to use reuseable bags, I try to do it anyway. It takes a while to get in the habit of bringing your own bag, I admit I still sometimes forget to bring mine. If I got cash back for doing so, that would be a nice added bonus.
i like the concept, it still saves them money, and helps the environment, so it is a win win situation. i have heard in other countries, they charge the customer for bags as well.
I agree with 6:21. I use my reusable bag as often as possible. I wouldn't turn down the money they offered me for using the bag, but it's not necessary.
You do know that Target is doing that...
I have reusable bags and forget to grab them before I go in the store.
Sure, saving money is always an incentive. And it would make me think twice about remembering to bring my own bags.
7:42... Could you tell us more about Target? How does it work?
I take my reusable bag to shop, and I do not receive discounts or cash back. Well, I don't think I do.
I think so. I've often intended to use them, but would forget. Hearing this recently actually has inspired me to actually go get my reusable sacks and put them in the car.
Target just started a program- for every reusable bag you use you get a 5cent credit.
I have tons of grocery bags that we used to keep for diaper disposal, instead of a diaper genie. Now we just keep the bags out of habit and use them to take our lunches to school and work.
Do you know if those kinds of bags would recieve the credit as well?
I didn't start out using the reusable bags to save the world. I use them because they hold more and it's quicker to get my groceries in the house with the kids.
If they had a cash back bonus I'd never forget them.
How often do you go to the grocery store? I shop every other week. Sometimes once a week. I have 15 bags of groceries! Do you all take 15 reusable bags when you go? I have never bought these bags because I don't see how it will hold what I need it to.
Post a Comment