Friday, October 9, 2009

Reader Rally

First one here leave a question.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you compare your kids to other people's kids? How do they compare?

Anonymous said...

My kids are better-behaved. I'm increasingly frustrated by parents' apathy about their children's public behavior. more and more it makes me want to say something when I see public defiance in a child brought on by spinelss parenting.

Oh, and my kids are cuter, too.

Anonymous said...

I try not to compare my kids to others. I have a friend, that has always tried to one up me, whether she knows it or not. It started with vehicles before we had kids and once we started having kids, she was constantly comparing how much they weighed, then on to school on the lastest accomplishment. It drives me crazy.

I also compared myself to my 3 siblings growning up, and I now realize what a waist of energy that was.

I do agree with 7:33, that a lot of kids behavior is terrible. When those kids get to school, the parents don't understand why the teacher has so much trouble with them and the parents never had any trouble. The parents have no rules, while the school does.

Anonymous said...

I try to be very careful not too.

In fact, I don't post cute things my kids say, or accomplishments, etc on Facebook because I have several FB friends with Special Needs kids and I think it would be rude to be always bragging about my kids...

Anonymous said...

I love to read cute things other people's kids say and do.

And yes, I compare my kids. But mostly I compare my parenting.

Anonymous said...

I compare my kid, but not in a mine is better than your kind of way. I just like to see where he is at his stage in life. Is he may not be doing some things as well as others (like talking) but I do notice he is more advanced in other areas. I guess I like know whats coming in other words.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am guilty of comparing, mainly on behavior. However there is another family at church that always says about other families: "I can't believe they let their kids do that!" and in reality their kids are the worst behaved! I really hope we aren't disillusioned about how well-behaved our kids are like those people. I don't think we are...

Anonymous said...

Everyone compares their kids to others. It's human nature.

I think my children are well behaved, but I also know that as their mother there are a lot of things that I can tune out that other people can't.

I also choose to pick my battles. One thing may not be as important to me as it is to another parent.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 12:35... it is human nature to make these comparisons.

I'm pretty hard on myself in regars to parenting. I'm always doubting if I'm doing enough, or doing it all well enough. So when I see someone else's kid throwing a fit or something, I think "thank goodness mine aren't the only ones who do that!"

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that MY kids are the cutest ones around.

:-)

Anonymous said...

My kid is smarter than his friends but not as well-behaved. Some of that is probably just temperament, I hope.

And from what people tell me, he's pretty cute.