Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Has President Obama brought peace to our world?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has renewed the concept of peace. His attempt to redirect our collective thinking began when he offered an out-stretched hand as opposed to a clenched fist.

Anonymous said...

Ha, is this question serious? No, he hasn't brought world peace, despite what the Noble Peace Prize committee thinks.

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO, and the nobel peace prize nominations were back in Feb, how could anyone possibly believe that after just a few weeks.

I think everything is worse.

Anonymous said...

Has he bought Peace? Well looking at the war in Afghanistan I would say NO!!! But I do feel he has a better connection with other leaders around the world (he's a great speaker after all). But not worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize, I mean come on, what has he really done anyway?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree everything is WORSE, can someone please explain how things are better? I really want to understand why you believe that it is better (and please don't just say "we elected a black president")

Anonymous said...

Is he a good speaker or a good telepromter reader? I've yet to see anything good happen, and I really want to. I pray he will bring peace and all the other things he promised that do not interfere with God's word - such as homosexual marriages.

Anonymous said...

We should pray for our President. He is trying to get people to come together. People have always been divided and it will take a while for some.

Anonymous said...

It will take a while and it will take a lot more than just the president which is why I think the Nobel Peace Prize is ridiculous. It is supposed to be given to someone who DID SOMETHING. Not to someone with a concept, idea, dream, etc!

Anonymous said...

Of course Obama hasn't brought peace to our world! I can't believe this is a serious question. It's obvious he hasn't. If he does, there are some who would say that it would qualify him to be the Antichrist.

No matter what you think about Obama, you can't really say that he's SOLVED anything in the world. The Nobel committee awarded the prize to him for his work to create a spirit of multilaterism in the world. Possibly this is a reaction to the Bush years, which were marked by unilateral cowboyism.

And so what if he can read a teleprompter well. The last guy couldn't even do that. Whatever we have now in the realm of public communication is better than what we had then.

Anonymous said...

I agree he hasn't done anything - yet. Some people won't even give him a chance though. The world and issues can't change overnight. It takes time and has to go through a lot of people before changes can be made.

Anonymous said...

5:57 and 7:18 and 7:30 -- Refer to this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/10/09/nobel.peace.prize/index.html

He wasn't awarded the prize for bringing peace to the world. Pay special attention to the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why, us, A.T., get it but all of our politicians and leaders, and yes, even Obama don't get it! I think they need to read A.T. and get some suggestions on what we want and what is important to us.

I think Obama (and the past few presidents) want to be 'president' of the world, not just the US! We have starving/homeless people here! And Obama signs a multi billion dollar fund for Pakistanian Refugees!

Peace will be when there is no war!

Peace will be when we Step Up and take care of our troops once they get home!?!

Peace will be when NO ONE goes hungry!

Peace??? Heck NO he's not brought peace to OUR world, he's too busy patroling THE Rest of The WORLD!?! He has a LONG time before he establishes peace!

Anonymous said...

1:14, I am surprised that you can lump all AT readers in one category. We clearly have major differing opinions on some hefty issues.

My world is actually bigger than "sea to shining sea". Our world includes places plagued with hatred, war, starvation, deprivation and inhumanity. And when we forget about these things, that we can't see from our Hummer in the Starbuck's drive thru, then SHAME ON US.

Obama cannot establish peace. No one person can. But as the first poster stated, he is trying. Which is more than can be said of most.

Anonymous said...

uh, NO. and if the nobel peace prize wasn't a joke before--it is now.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have a president who is respected in the world over one at whom shoes are thrown.

Anonymous said...

And Jesus wept...

Anonymous said...

Why would Jesus weep? Obama got the prize for promoting the idea that nations should work together for a more peaceful world. Why would Jesus weep at that?

Mabye you forgot the time Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers."

Anonymous said...

11:35 -- your link was broken. Here, you can put the pieces together to see the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2009

/WORLD/europe/10/09

/nobel.peace.prize/index.html

Anonymous said...

He really really scares me. I don't think he has a clue, nor do the members of his cabinet.

Anonymous said...

oh and the only bringer of peace will be the Prince of Peace.

Anonymous said...

So I did not vote for Obama, not a chance was I giving him my vote, but for those that did, are you regretting it all or do you still think he is great?

Anonymous said...

I don't regret my vote. I believe he was the best candidate. I believe he does want change. I believe he has a long road ahead of him.

Anonymous said...

What kind exactly of change are you thinking he is wanting??? Just because he wants "change" is not a great thing. What do you think about all the radical communists he surrounds himself with? Does that not have you worried? Seriously, please answer.

Anonymous said...

Jesus isn't weeping for Obama...but for all of us who don't "get it".

Anonymous said...

Jesus doesn't care about politics, other than us Christians praying for our leaders.

He cares about each of us living righteously. He is neither Democrat nor Republican. We all have a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

I still want to know what you think of those radicals Obama surrounds himself with?? The white house lady that bashed Fox news was on video saying her favorite poticial philosopher is Mao, hellooooooo, does that not worry you???

Anonymous said...

Wolf in sheep's clothing. We have a marxist in the White House. Look at who he surrounds himself with.

Anonymous said...

Fox made a big batch of kool-aid, and a lot of people gave up their good thinking a tool a looooooooong drink.