This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Do you believe in haunting ghosts and spirits?
21 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I don't know, but I do know you aren't suppose to try to contact any dead people or even mess with that stuff. " 'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' " -Levitius 20:27.
The bible teaches of the "unseen world". I felt evil when i walked into a halloween shop friday. They are filled with evil things, and some people believe you can carry them out with you back to your own homes. I just said a prayer that that would not happen in my house. I have had some strange things happen to me, but nothing really scary.
Five years ago, I would have said no. But our house is pretty old and only one family lived here before us. The husband died in this house. I know this sounds dumb but sometimes I think he's still around. Strange noises, strange things happen...I can't really explain it.
I agree though with the 2pps...I don't think we should really mess with it.
I don't know. I know evil spirits exist, but not real sure about the spirits of people who have passed on still being present on this earth (i.e. ghosts). I have seen some pretty freaky stuff though that was hard to explain logically.
I totally believe in ghost and sprites. I've had too many things happen around me in various places I lived. Not asking for it by any means, it just happens. Stuff you can not explain. I want go into details, but it is very real. Luckily in my case none were 'evil'.
One time the power and heat went out at our house, I was stressing out because had a new baby, I really needed sleep, I didn't want the older child to wake up, just really stressed out and I was in the bathroom and I said a prayer to please help me not to stress out and to please not let the power and heat be out all day because I seriously didn't think if I could handle it. And seriously right after I said that, I thought it was my husband, but I heard a voice saying "The power is back on." and right after that the light came back on. Seriously freaked me out. It definately was not my husband, he swore it wasn't him and I couldn't have heard him that clearly in the closed bathroom. Still gives me goosebumps.
I don't have an opinion either way. I wouldn't be suprised to find out they exist and I wouldn't be suprised to find out strange things are just from your imagination. Your mind can trick you very easily.
To my knowledge, the bible does not say there are no such thing as them?
I say that I do not believe in ghosts or spirits, but we also lived in an old house and the husband had passed away there. I did not know what ended up happening to the wife, but I was sitting on the floor one afternoon with my baby and suddenly smelled some very strong perfume. I do not wear perfume and no one else was around. It freaked me out and I moved across the room to another spot. The same thing happened in the same spot two other times and then I just refused to sit there. It was too creepy.
I believe the Bible teaches that the earth is full of unseen forces of evil. Just as God has his helpers, Satan has his.
But I don't believe that they have anything to do with humans who have died. This is a pretty popular idea but it doesn't fit in to what the Bible teaches about life and death. We like the idea of people, especially those with whom we have unresolved issues or that we miss a lot, being given another chance or still being around. As nice as that sounds, there's nothing in the Bible to back that idea up.
My suspicion is that the stuff that gets attributed to the spirits of our loved ones (and even communication through mediums) is the work of Satan and his forces. They use that to distract us from God and his truth.
Wow, long answer. Can you tell I've thought about this a lot?
I find it amusing those of you who are using the bible as a reference to if there are spirits or ghost. The bible does not answer all questions. No where does it mention dinosaurs but yes, they once existed. And no I am not knocking those who are either. I'm simply saying the bible doesn't address all issues that abound. And you can read into anything. For me I lived in a home growing up my whole live that had a Native American Ghost/Spirit in it. No I had no personal connections with him. He was not evil, but a 'good' sprite in that I felt he watched over me even a small child. I did not 'imagine' him for my whole family had experienced him along with some of my friends who spent the night on occasions. And it was not just our house, but several in the neighborhood also. Just because you may never have had an experience doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And no, I and my friends/family/neighbors did not all imagine it. There are just simply things that we cannot explain with the bible/science.
1:47 -- you believe in only the good spirits but not the bad ones? If you believe the good ones exist, why not the bad ones? What's your logic on that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
There is a major difference here between evil spirits and "haunting" spirits. The spirit world is certainly around us. Both good and evil spirits, but I do not believe they are "haunting" spirits.
As for the first poster, are you prepared to accept the bondage that comes with quoting the Law given in the Old Testament. I think we should be careful about taking one piece out and think that only part of it applies. If you take that law as continuing relevance then you have to accept the Old Testament Law in its entirety. I am not prepared for that and am certain that no one else is either.
Happy Haunting!! Good question. I don't think we give enough thought to the "Spiritual Realm."
Jesus spent his entire ministry speaking to people whose history was under the old law. Jesus had not yet given them His life, mercy or salvation. I don't think the Old Testament is useless to us, but I agree that is it frightening to take it out of the context of our merciful Father and the new plan He has for us.
(I am neither the first poster nor the 1:50pm poster.)
The truths of the Old Testament are as binding now, as they were in OT times, but they are tempered with the mercy of Jesus. The punishment for sin is still death, unless Jesus is your Savior. The Bible is His story from beginning to end, and while dietary laws and sabbath laws and many others,are not binding, their principles still apply. Jesus said of Himself that He did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
21 comments:
I don't know, but I do know you aren't suppose to try to contact any dead people or even mess with that stuff. " 'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' " -Levitius 20:27.
The bible teaches of the "unseen world". I felt evil when i walked into a halloween shop friday. They are filled with evil things, and some people believe you can carry them out with you back to your own homes. I just said a prayer that that would not happen in my house. I have had some strange things happen to me, but nothing really scary.
Five years ago, I would have said no. But our house is pretty old and only one family lived here before us. The husband died in this house. I know this sounds dumb but sometimes I think he's still around. Strange noises, strange things happen...I can't really explain it.
I agree though with the 2pps...I don't think we should really mess with it.
I don't know. I know evil spirits exist, but not real sure about the spirits of people who have passed on still being present on this earth (i.e. ghosts). I have seen some pretty freaky stuff though that was hard to explain logically.
I am only haunted by my past failings.
No.
I totally believe in ghost and sprites. I've had too many things happen around me in various places I lived. Not asking for it by any means, it just happens. Stuff you can not explain. I want go into details, but it is very real. Luckily in my case none were 'evil'.
One time the power and heat went out at our house, I was stressing out because had a new baby, I really needed sleep, I didn't want the older child to wake up, just really stressed out and I was in the bathroom and I said a prayer to please help me not to stress out and to please not let the power and heat be out all day because I seriously didn't think if I could handle it. And seriously right after I said that, I thought it was my husband, but I heard a voice saying "The power is back on." and right after that the light came back on. Seriously freaked me out. It definately was not my husband, he swore it wasn't him and I couldn't have heard him that clearly in the closed bathroom. Still gives me goosebumps.
I don't have an opinion either way. I wouldn't be suprised to find out they exist and I wouldn't be suprised to find out strange things are just from your imagination. Your mind can trick you very easily.
To my knowledge, the bible does not say there are no such thing as them?
The earth is full of evil, demonic spirits (just read the New Testament) but I am not sure those are technically ghosts of dead people.
I say that I do not believe in ghosts or spirits, but we also lived in an old house and the husband had passed away there. I did not know what ended up happening to the wife, but I was sitting on the floor one afternoon with my baby and suddenly smelled some very strong perfume. I do not wear perfume and no one else was around. It freaked me out and I moved across the room to another spot. The same thing happened in the same spot two other times and then I just refused to sit there. It was too creepy.
I only believe in the "Holy" Spirit and angels.
yes I do I have seen to much stuff...and heard to many stories other wise...
I believe the Bible teaches that the earth is full of unseen forces of evil. Just as God has his helpers, Satan has his.
But I don't believe that they have anything to do with humans who have died. This is a pretty popular idea but it doesn't fit in to what the Bible teaches about life and death. We like the idea of people, especially those with whom we have unresolved issues or that we miss a lot, being given another chance or still being around. As nice as that sounds, there's nothing in the Bible to back that idea up.
My suspicion is that the stuff that gets attributed to the spirits of our loved ones (and even communication through mediums) is the work of Satan and his forces. They use that to distract us from God and his truth.
Wow, long answer. Can you tell I've thought about this a lot?
I find it amusing those of you who are using the bible as a reference to if there are spirits or ghost. The bible does not answer all questions. No where does it mention dinosaurs but yes, they once existed. And no I am not knocking those who are either. I'm simply saying the bible doesn't address all issues that abound. And you can read into anything.
For me I lived in a home growing up my whole live that had a Native American Ghost/Spirit in it. No I had no personal connections with him. He was not evil, but a 'good' sprite in that I felt he watched over me even a small child. I did not 'imagine' him for my whole family had experienced him along with some of my friends who spent the night on occasions. And it was not just our house, but several in the neighborhood also. Just because you may never have had an experience doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And no, I and my friends/family/neighbors did not all imagine it. There are just simply things that we cannot explain with the bible/science.
1:47 -- you believe in only the good spirits but not the bad ones? If you believe the good ones exist, why not the bad ones? What's your logic on that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
I believe in Satan and his powers. Makes sense to me.
There is a major difference here between evil spirits and "haunting" spirits. The spirit world is certainly around us. Both good and evil spirits, but I do not believe they are "haunting" spirits.
As for the first poster, are you prepared to accept the bondage that comes with quoting the Law given in the Old Testament. I think we should be careful about taking one piece out and think that only part of it applies. If you take that law as continuing relevance then you have to accept the Old Testament Law in its entirety. I am not prepared for that and am certain that no one else is either.
Happy Haunting!! Good question. I don't think we give enough thought to the "Spiritual Realm."
1:50a Jesus spent his entire ministry quoting the "Old Testament" so I don't think we are just supposed to throw it out!
Jesus spent his entire ministry speaking to people whose history was under the old law. Jesus had not yet given them His life, mercy or salvation. I don't think the Old Testament is useless to us, but I agree that is it frightening to take it out of the context of our merciful Father and the new plan He has for us.
(I am neither the first poster nor the 1:50pm poster.)
The truths of the Old Testament are as binding now, as they were in OT times, but they are tempered with the mercy of Jesus. The punishment for sin is still death, unless Jesus is your Savior. The Bible is His story from beginning to end, and while dietary laws and sabbath laws and many others,are not binding, their principles still apply. Jesus said of Himself that He did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it.
Post a Comment