Monday, September 28, 2009

What 80's fashion trend do you dread most making a 'come-back'?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

stirrup pants...i saw them in the store the other day. seriously!

Anonymous said...

body suits

Anonymous said...

don't know if you'd call it a 'fashion' trend, but the BIG hair. Oh, those bangs. I do not want to start doing that again!

Anonymous said...

amen 5:51!

Anonymous said...

I agree with 7:00 AM on this one. Say no to big bangs.

Anonymous said...

Stirrup pants were my answer as well. They didn't look goo in the 80's why will they look good now?!?!

Anonymous said...

The tight rolled pants. A.K.A. pegged pants.

I also hope the big bangs never come back. I was never able to get them quite right the first time. But now my mom can't tell me that I'm not allowed to use a curling iron.

Anonymous said...

The crimped hair do.

7:49 - Last night my future sister in law was wearing a very expensive pair of 7 jeans...and they were tight rolled. I about fell over with laughter. I think that trend might be trying to make a comeback, but it looks as ridiculous now as it did then.

Anonymous said...

I loved pegging my jeans. It was about the one thing I could do to SORT OF fit in. But I wouldn't want that style to come back.

Baracuda Jackets, anyone?

Anonymous said...

its a tough choice between the tight roll and the stirrup pants. neither would be flattering to my figure now!

Anonymous said...

Tapered jeans. Big, teased bangs. NO THANK YOU.

Anonymous said...

The mullet! Was that 80's? I was born in 82 so I don't remember much of the 80s. I always think it's funny that the Duggar momma has a mullet!

Anonymous said...

Was it the 80's when the biker shorts were in style with the t-shirt tied up on the side?? If so... don't bring back the biker shorts.
I had a black pair w/a bunch of bright colors, yellow, green, pink running down the side.
Please forgive me I was little and my mother dressed me.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I think 1:14 is my sister, and I had a pair to match hers.

Anonymous said...

Leggings and stirrup pants and Miami Vice style of clothing. Men in white linen suits, please no.

Anonymous said...

1:12, that would be the "suck-cut" from the Flo-bee. Remember that??

Anonymous said...

Hypercolor!!!

Anonymous said...

Does any one remember units? The store name was also Units and you could mix and match all kinds of cotton pants shirts and belts to go with your twisty beads. Two trends I do not miss!

Anonymous said...

I remember Units! My parents were too cheap to buy them for me, but my mom made me a bunch with her sewing machine. Wouldn't have been a problem for me except she chose colors that were no where close to real unit colors.

Anonymous said...

I hope Hypercolor does come back!

Anonymous said...

UNITS! I had some of those. HAHAH!

Anonymous said...

Shoulder pads

Anonymous said...

neon neon neon clothes! the only people who look good in those colors are the ones that spend their lives at the tanning salons.