This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
In your opinion, what would be the best way to deal with this situation?
13 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I don't think there is a good way. I feel sorry for them and wish them luck.
Things like this are why I wouldn't have chosen IVF if I couldn't have children, it just gets too complicated morally. In the article it metions that they still have 5 embroys and won't destroy them, but she can't be pregnant again, so they are getting a suggorate to carry them.
I agree that they are making the best decision under these extraordinary circumstances.
Although, I won't lie. When I saw that she was 40, had two other children and had been diagnosed with HELLP, it is hard for me to understand why she want to try for a third pregnancy in the first place.
I believe everyone has should have the right to reproduce as they see fit, I'm just wondering.
But I do commend them for being very graceful in the situation.
Well, let's chew on this: She and her husband wanted a baby this time. Do we know the desire of the other couple? Their family situation? Just because the baby biologically belongs to the other couple does not automatically mean that the other couple wanted to welcome a child, or another child, or whatever their situation is.
Good point about the other couple. I doubt they wanted any of this trouble either. To find out another women is carrying your baby that you didn't know about must be really weird.
What a story... I couldn't imagine being told the procedure was a success, but we used the wrong embryos’ or being on the other side and getting a call saying we are carrying your baby. I think this family has done an extraordinary job for this situation. It is nice to see a family come together put their morals on the front line and say we will not terminate this pregnancy we are rooting for this baby. Every baby is a miracle regardless of how it happens and this is a prime example. Good luck to both families and the baby.
1:33, I was wondering the same thing. It would be really hard for me to not run away with the baby. But that's just me. I'm not as strong as this couple is.
I know this isn't a possiblity, but I would choose to remain ignonorant and just think it is mine. Unless the baby was black or asian then, that might be a huge suprise, but honestly, if one of kids right now weren't actually mine, I would rather just not know. I have thought about that, if someone were to contact me and say my kid wasn't actually mine and they wanted her/him back. Yeah right, I would do everything to keep the one I have now and to get the one who is biologically mine.
No other considerations matter but this one: Is the baby biologically hers or not? If not, then it must go back to the bio family. The bio family has first dibs, just as they would in any other case, even if one parent were criminal, or if the couple were homosexual adopters or athiests. Those people are allowed to have children without the prying or permission of nosy bigots.
It's a hard thing. But that baby isn't hers. I would carry to term, say goodbye and then pray. A lot.
to 6:14am- how can you say that you wouldn't have chosen IVF? too complicated morally?
how dare you say what you would or wouldn't do in a situation that you haven't been in. i can't imagine not being able to naturally conceive and i am positive IVF would cross my mind.
some of us wouldn't be here today if it weren't for IVF.... I am thankful to God for things like this, or I wouldn't have made it into this world.
to answer the questions- I have no idea what I would do in a situation like that but I hope that I would have the same courage and graciousness as this family has. I would want a relationship with them though, it would be so hard to say goodbye forever to a child you carried for 9 months and wanted so bad. I can't imagine.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
13 comments:
I don't think there is a good way. I feel sorry for them and wish them luck.
Things like this are why I wouldn't have chosen IVF if I couldn't have children, it just gets too complicated morally. In the article it metions that they still have 5 embroys and won't destroy them, but she can't be pregnant again, so they are getting a suggorate to carry them.
I think they are handling the situation remarkably well and I think she is being very graceful.
She could also do embryo adoption with the other fertilized eggs, but you don't really get any say in who gets the embryos.
I feel so bad for them, carrying a baby you know you can't keep.
I think they made the best decision all around with the circumstances they were given.
Wow. What a tough and heartbreaking situation.
I agree that they are making the best decision under these extraordinary circumstances.
Although, I won't lie. When I saw that she was 40, had two other children and had been diagnosed with HELLP, it is hard for me to understand why she want to try for a third pregnancy in the first place.
I believe everyone has should have the right to reproduce as they see fit, I'm just wondering.
But I do commend them for being very graceful in the situation.
Well, let's chew on this:
She and her husband wanted a baby this time. Do we know the desire of the other couple? Their family situation? Just because the baby biologically belongs to the other couple does not automatically mean that the other couple wanted to welcome a child, or another child, or whatever their situation is.
May God bless that baby.
Good point about the other couple. I doubt they wanted any of this trouble either. To find out another women is carrying your baby that you didn't know about must be really weird.
What a story... I couldn't imagine being told the procedure was a success, but we used the wrong embryos’ or being on the other side and getting a call saying we are carrying your baby.
I think this family has done an extraordinary job for this situation. It is nice to see a family come together put their morals on the front line and say we will not terminate this pregnancy we are rooting for this baby. Every baby is a miracle regardless of how it happens and this is a prime example. Good luck to both families and the baby.
I would have a hard time giving the baby to the family if they were atheists, one was a sex offender or they were a homosexual couple...........
Do they absolutely HAVE TO give the baby up legally? What would happen if they went into hiding?
1:33, I was wondering the same thing. It would be really hard for me to not run away with the baby. But that's just me. I'm not as strong as this couple is.
I know this isn't a possiblity, but I would choose to remain ignonorant and just think it is mine. Unless the baby was black or asian then, that might be a huge suprise, but honestly, if one of kids right now weren't actually mine, I would rather just not know. I have thought about that, if someone were to contact me and say my kid wasn't actually mine and they wanted her/him back. Yeah right, I would do everything to keep the one I have now and to get the one who is biologically mine.
No other considerations matter but this one: Is the baby biologically hers or not? If not, then it must go back to the bio family. The bio family has first dibs, just as they would in any other case, even if one parent were criminal, or if the couple were homosexual adopters or athiests. Those people are allowed to have children without the prying or permission of nosy bigots.
It's a hard thing. But that baby isn't hers. I would carry to term, say goodbye and then pray. A lot.
to 6:14am- how can you say that you wouldn't have chosen IVF? too complicated morally?
how dare you say what you would or wouldn't do in a situation that you haven't been in. i can't imagine not being able to naturally conceive and i am positive IVF would cross my mind.
some of us wouldn't be here today if it weren't for IVF.... I am thankful to God for things like this, or I wouldn't have made it into this world.
to answer the questions- I have no idea what I would do in a situation like that but I hope that I would have the same courage and graciousness as this family has. I would want a relationship with them though, it would be so hard to say goodbye forever to a child you carried for 9 months and wanted so bad. I can't imagine.
Post a Comment