Anything you do while driving, besides driving should be considered a DWI if you cause an accident.
I've seen people putting makeup on, and reading while they are driving, if texting is going to be considered a DWI, then so should the other things listed above.
"i haven't had any accidents while texting". . . but more importantly, have you caused any? Traffic works best when flow is relatively even in speed. Slowing in the center lane in order to divert you attention away from the road creates a wave of potential problems.
I agree with 7:48. I see people doing other things all the time. Some people can't even drive and talk on the phone at the same time. I will say I do text occasionally. I used to change clothes and drive at the same time too! I feel 100% confident I can do it and I stop when I don't feel that way. I feel I can multi-task and even be a defensive driver, but for many others, it is not so. If there is a wreck and it involved any distractions, they should be charged with a Driving With Distractions or something which holds the same punishments as DUI's.
In the past, when I saw someone swerving around the road, I would think that they must be drunk. Now when I see it I think they must be texting. They usually are.
I don't text when I drive. I HAVE been almost run off the road by people who were texting and driving and I'm quite certain they think they are good drivers and able to multi-task and drive safely. I'm sorry, I have a friend who had a very promising future who is now confined to a wheelchair with severe brain damage because someone thought they were safe to drive after a few drinks. I think impared driving is impared driving and NOTHING is so important to risk ruining the life of another human being or risking your own. If you text and drive...STOP!!!!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
14 comments:
I don't know it is the new "DWI", but it is pretty stupid and causes a lot of accidents.
i haven't had any accidents while texting, but I can see wherfe it could be a big problem, It can be very dangerous.
Yup!
Anything you do while driving, besides driving should be considered a DWI if you cause an accident.
I've seen people putting makeup on, and reading while they are driving, if texting is going to be considered a DWI, then so should the other things listed above.
"i haven't had any accidents while texting". . . but more importantly, have you caused any? Traffic works best when flow is relatively even in speed. Slowing in the center lane in order to divert you attention away from the road creates a wave of potential problems.
YES! Texting while driving is a bad idea.
How many of us have texted while driving?
Read and/or sent?
I have done both.
I agree with 7:48. I see people doing other things all the time. Some people can't even drive and talk on the phone at the same time. I will say I do text occasionally. I used to change clothes and drive at the same time too! I feel 100% confident I can do it and I stop when I don't feel that way. I feel I can multi-task and even be a defensive driver, but for many others, it is not so. If there is a wreck and it involved any distractions, they should be charged with a Driving With Distractions or something which holds the same punishments as DUI's.
In the past, when I saw someone swerving around the road, I would think that they must be drunk. Now when I see it I think they must be texting. They usually are.
I don't text when I drive. I HAVE been almost run off the road by people who were texting and driving and I'm quite certain they think they are good drivers and able to multi-task and drive safely. I'm sorry, I have a friend who had a very promising future who is now confined to a wheelchair with severe brain damage because someone thought they were safe to drive after a few drinks. I think impared driving is impared driving and NOTHING is so important to risk ruining the life of another human being or risking your own. If you text and drive...STOP!!!!
It is very dangerous. I read a report that people are actually more impaired when texting than when doing almost any other thing.
I think it should be. But I'm guilty of it. :(
i am guilty of it. I try to confine my texting to stop lights. I do think it is very dangerous.
No, DWI's are still around for sure.
Post a Comment