Friday, September 4, 2009

Reader Rally

First one here leave a question.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long after your first child was born did you wait to do the deed again with your spouse? Was it different with your second?

Anonymous said...

6 weeks. That was the LAST thing from my mind. I did "other stuff" for him before the 6 weeks mark, but waited until my post partum check to do "it". I was nervous it was going to hurt like heck the first time, and it wasn't the most pleasurable experience.

Anonymous said...

I think it was about five weeks. It sucked and there wasn't much sex in the first year. But now? Wow, the sex is better than ever before!

And yeah, there was "other stuff" happening the rest of the time.

Anonymous said...

6 weeks, it was like completely starting over. No, it was worse. But with a little wine and lots of lubrication it happened. Now it's back to being awesome.

Anonymous said...

It was probably 10 to 12 weeks for us. I had to push back my post partum check-up and he was not going to do anything without a Dr's approval.

That was just with the first one though. The others were after about 6 weeks.

Anonymous said...

2 minutes....baby out penis inserted.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is sad... I don't remember! LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

2 weeks...and I even had a c-section! It was about the same with the second.

Anonymous said...

With our first it was 6 weeks. With our second it was 4 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I am shocked at what all you people remember. This is not one of the things I put in the baby book, so I have no clue! Whenever I felt like doing it again I guess!? I did and still do need lube when I didn't previously. This could be related to feeling like it is more of a chore than it used to be though.

Monday, can we talk about Obama speech in our kid's schools. I want to know if there are others that don't want their kids to hear it.

Anonymous said...

I have no clue. I've had three kiddos, three c-sections, and it was a long time after each one. Bless my poor husband.

But things are AMAZING now.

Anonymous said...

Both kids, it was about 6 weeks. Her c-sections made even moving a pain in the gut. Sooooo, as Ray Romano says, I got to be a sex camel, but it's awesome now. Just like a good wine ...

Anonymous said...

3 weeks and then 9 months later came baby #2! Waited 4 weeks and crap, popped out baby #3 9 months to the day! I'm DONE!

Anonymous said...

Tried to wait at least 4 weeks after each c-section.

10:51, I was that way with nursing. The minute my kid was weaned, I'd get knocked up! 3 kids in 28 months.

Even defied the odds by having tubal reversed and getting pregnant within a month! Told it would take at least a year!

Anonymous said...

I had c-sections, and didn't have a tear or anything like that. But I would be terrifed to do "it" again if I had a 3rd degree tear.. ouch!

I second the obama in the schools question for Monday.

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine is a labor and delivery nurse. She told me that she has walked in on people having sex in the hospital after the baby was born. No lie. What is WRONG with some people????

Anonymous said...

3:40 -- it sounds like SOME guys aren't as camel-like as 10:45. Really. What IS wrong with some people?

Anonymous said...

I had a c-section and waited until I was given the green light by the doctor to have sex again -- which was about 6 weeks. I was scared to death of the potential pain, but it wasn't bad at all!

Anonymous said...

SEriously, a guy was so turned on by his wife birthing a baby (and not to metion the afterbirth) he had to have her right there in the hospital?? yuck

Anonymous said...

If I was a guy, I think after watching the whole birthing process, it would take me several weeks to even be turned on by looking down there without crazy mental flashbacks! I mean wouldn't it still all be stretched out for a while anyway? I dunno. I had c-sections and don't really ask my friends crazy details!

Anonymous said...

My friends hubby actually asked the doc to put an extra stitch in there after she tore ;) MEN?!?

Needless to say, she waited a LONG time to give HIM the green light! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I had c-sections with mine. I was definately not excited about my husband watching everything from giving birth to birthing the after birth to pooping in front of everyone. So I was not too terribly sad when they said I had to have a c-section. I think the women of the 40s had it right not allowing the husbands in the room for it.