Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What would other people be surprised to find that you enjoy?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can touch my tongue to my nose without using my hands.

I think this is kind of a funny question since we comment anonymously.

Anonymous said...

7:47, do you enjoy doing that? That is surprising.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading chick-lit books.

Anonymous said...

porn

Anonymous said...

I enjoy hearing from the new guy. And yes my friends would be surprised because this is the first guy I have actually slowed down for and will admit I do kind of like the boy.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of one thing. Everyone knows everything I enjoy. I guess it may be suprising to some that I enjoy chatting on the computer to other males?

Anonymous said...

I am crazy about sex with my husband... It is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy chewing on my toenail clippings.

Anonymous said...

is that my boyfriend who just posted on this site?

Anonymous said...

I'm a dad. I enjoy doing my daughter's hair.

Anonymous said...

are you a sexual predator? Like do you usually like playing with little girls hair?

Anonymous said...

That last post is ridiculous and offensive and should be removed from this site.

Anonymous said...

I'm 2:17. Obviously, 2:24, it would be inappropriate for me to have anything to do with any other little girl's hair, just for the weirdness factor. So what a ridiculous question. Borders on an accusation. It sounds a little to eager to me, as if you were HOPING that I would say yes, maybe so you could get some kind of strange enjoyment out of it? Hmmm.

But there's something very sweet about a daddy who can fix his daughter's hair, I think. Others who have discovered I can and do fix her hair are surprised, and no one has ever commented negatively about it. So check yourself, 2:24 ... it's you who's inappropriate.

Anonymous said...

ditto, 4:11.

it sounds like 2:24 isn't serious or just wants to stir things up. No matte what, it was still not a good thing to say.

Anonymous said...

I'm a psychologist (224) so thats where my mind goes. I'm pretty sure either your gay or you get sexual kicks out of it

Anonymous said...

Well, 4:24 has unwittingly confirmed two common stereotypes about psychologists- First, that they are psychologists because they couldn’t get into medical school or do anything else. And Second, that they got into psychology because they themselves have mental issues.
4:24, if you are a real psychologist (and not just a street corner counselor) where did you get your psychology degree? How did you get a psychology degree without knowing the difference between the words “your” and “you’re”? I admit that not all psychologists choose the profession because of the stereotypes above. I know psychologists who have a genuine heart to help people. But this kind of comment does nothing but give more proof to what many people already believe- that psychologists are a bunch of quacks.

Anonymous said...

4:24- You are acting crazy. Please go to a psychologist yourself. In your line of work, you probably see a lot of absent fathers. You should be amazed and encouraged by fathers who are fully engaged in their children's lives. This has nothing to do with homosexuality and I am so sad you would even post that after stating you are a psychologist. People are already afraid to spill their guts to psychologists and you are not helping. (Oh, and I'm just an outsider and have no idea who this father is, but I think he rocks.)

Anonymous said...

Well said 4:42--I myself enjoyed the excessive use of the word like. Maybe the degree came from Sweet Valley Jr College.

Somebody is just trying to stir the pot to make things more interesting.

Anonymous said...

Well done, 2:24/4:24. Congratulations on a successful threadjacking. It also sounds like there's something threatening to you about a man who feels secure enough to admit doing his daughter's hair. You automatically went "gay," or "sexual predator." You admitted that YOUR mind went there. No one else's did. Hey, Pervert, it's comments like yours that make other dads not want to be involved in their daughters lives.

You obviously don't have daughters, or if you do, you are molesting them yourself at worst, or at best you have distanced yourself from them so they don't get the emotional nurturing they need from their daddy, just because you are afraid of looking "gay." What an idiot. It sounds like you need to take advantage of the services of your own alleged profession. Get help.

Back on topic:
People would be surprised to learn that I find picking my nose in private to be really quite satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Its a completely valid question. Sorry for all of you edmond moms who have no idea what actually goes on in the world.

Anonymous said...

I am a Democrat.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, a Democrat and a Christian.

Anonymous said...

And I enjoy being a Democrat and a Christian. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm a mental health professional and I seriously doubt that 4:24 is really a psychologist. If he/she is, his/her license should be removed immediately........

Anonymous said...

And Second, that they got into psychology because they themselves have mental issues.

Very very true! I learned the hard way that alot of psychologists, mental health professions have serious issues...

Anonymous said...

I've tried to teach my husband how to do our daughter's hair, in case anything happens to me.

Way to go 2:17... thanks for being an involved dad.

Anonymous said...

10:39- The "are you a predator" question is somewhat valid. Fine. I'll give you that. Of course it happens in the world. But what caused the concern is when, after the dad said no, they said they are a psychologist and this dad must be gay. We "Edmond moms" aren't idiots. We want people to be respectful. I am one that struggles with thinking counselors and psychologists are quacks. This confirmed that. I realize they may not really be one, but then they may! -4:47

Anonymous said...

How insulting this thread has become. Without trying to sound self righteous or "holier than thou", I am thankful that Christ does not judge as this "psychologist" does. Or how I am judging her/him.

I find you to be insulting and ignorant. And I am glad I do not know who you are. In this case anonymity works to your benefit.