This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
What book have you read that had a profound affect on your life? Why did this book affect you so much and what lessons did you learn from it?
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. This book had such a profound effect on me because it shows what it truly means to follow Christ's example by loving and serving others and "walk the walk" not just "talk the talk". It totally changed how I view what it means to be a Christian.
"The Last Lecture" by Prof Randy Pausch of Carnegie Mellon. You can find the lecture on You Tube. By accident I ran across it on PBS. I was totally captivated, then I found the book and have shared it with friends and strangers. It truely touched my heart.
"Life on the Edge" by James Dobson (kind of wish I had read it in college when it was given to me instead of a few years out b/c I think it would helped me in some decisions I was faced with).
Also "Seeing the Unseen" by Joe Beam b/c among other things, it helped me to see that sometimes our experiences have little to do with us but those we come in contact with.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
7 comments:
The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. This book had such a profound effect on me because it shows what it truly means to follow Christ's example by loving and serving others and "walk the walk" not just "talk the talk". It totally changed how I view what it means to be a Christian.
"The Last Lecture" by Prof Randy Pausch of Carnegie Mellon. You can find the lecture on You Tube. By accident I ran across it on PBS. I was totally captivated, then I found the book and have shared it with friends and strangers. It truely touched my heart.
I'm hoping Love Dare will...but I don't know yet. I haven't really read many other books.
"Life on the Edge" by James Dobson (kind of wish I had read it in college when it was given to me instead of a few years out b/c I think it would helped me in some decisions I was faced with).
Also "Seeing the Unseen" by Joe Beam b/c among other things, it helped me to see that sometimes our experiences have little to do with us but those we come in contact with.
How about the Bible? Anyone read THAT?
4 comments, at this time of day? Not too many. I guess this one is not so controversial. Or else no one else reads.
5:35, you needing a gold star from Bible class for your answer? ;)
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.
Lesson: The enemy's gate is down.
Meaning: When something seems insurmountable, change your perspective.
Post a Comment