This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, June 15, 2009
What is the cause of most of the fights in your marriage?
24 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Honestly, we don't have any major fights. My husband is pretty easy going, but occasionly gets irratated with my stubbornness and we bicker about that. But we pretty much agree on everything, so there isn't a lot of fighting.
my husband and i do not fight. i can count on one hand the times we have, and that was usually my fault. i get upset when he doesn't take care of himself. that just means he works too hard because he loves what he does.
Married 10 years, this year, and Never once had a fight or raised our voice at eachother! We are both very patient and understanding with eachother so there is never anything to fuss about. We have an amazing marriage!
722 here, we have been married 34 yrs and he is my best friend. he makes it easy for me not to get angry with him. he's just the best! oh and we spend alot of time together.
We've been married long enough that we both realize that we are both stubborn and set in our ways and even if we get angry once in awhile (or often) - there is so much more to life than being "right". I finally learned that life is very short and every moment with him is precious and I just blow things off that are really petty.
We fight about money. We fight when one of us has been inconsiderate. Occasionally, we fight about my family -- mostly when we're going to see my family. We never go to sleep angry, though, and that's one of the reasons we're going so strong after more than a decade.
I don't mind fighting. We always end up feeling stronger or softer after. We work really hard to go all the way down to what it is really about and then get all the way through that.
Alanis Morrisette, sage that she is, put it best: The only way OUT is THROUGH.
It took us a while in our marriage to get to the place where we trusted each other enough that we could be REALLY honest and bring things up. But because of those hard conversations that we have, there is nobody walking on this planet that I trust more than my spouse, or that I am more myself with.
We don't get ugly with each other, but when do get very intense.
No, we never disagree! I don't know why we don't argue. We just have an amazing time together, he is my best friend and we have SO much in common. Married 10 years and we still feel like newlyweds ;)
I don't have the extra energy to "fight" (yell alot). We will be mean with one liners and ignore each other, but don't really spend energy really fighting.
No fights, basically my husband just goes along with whatever I want to do, seriously.
The only thing I can remotely say is a "fight" is that he doesn't want to have another child, but I eventually do. However I'm pretty sure he will let us if I really want one.
When we (especially me) aren't clear about expectations or really saying what we want then we fight. Also, when we're just both tired or stressed we sometimes take it out on the one closest, which is each other.
Our silliest fight was about ice cream. Seriously. We laugh about it now, but we really did fight about it. We don't fight often but no one's perfect, and of course we get annoyed with each other like anyone who sees each other every day would.
Some of our fights stem from my belief that I am almost always right, and that everybody who is right thinking thinks like I do. I know it's arrogant; it's a struggle I have had for years. Took a long time for anybody I really respected to challenge that.
12:18, 10:48 here and if that's the only time you get to have great sex, I feel sorry for you! 10 years and we still have sex at least three times a week....And it's amazing!
Who said make up sex was the only time one had great sex? There are different kinds of sex and that happens to be a good one. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
24 comments:
Honestly, we don't have any major fights. My husband is pretty easy going, but occasionly gets irratated with my stubbornness and we bicker about that. But we pretty much agree on everything, so there isn't a lot of fighting.
my husband and i do not fight. i can count on one hand the times we have, and that was usually my fault. i get upset when he doesn't take care of himself. that just means he works too hard because he loves what he does.
Money.
We don't really fight, but we don't really spend much time together either. We seem to be more like roomates.
what??? you guys never fight????? how long have you been married???/ a few hours?
Seriously I want to know?
We have been married over 10 years and we fight a lot - about everything!
Married 10 years, this year, and Never once had a fight or raised our voice at eachother! We are both very patient and understanding with eachother so there is never anything to fuss about. We have an amazing marriage!
722 here, we have been married 34 yrs and he is my best friend. he makes it easy for me not to get angry with him. he's just the best! oh and we spend alot of time together.
We've been married long enough that we both realize that we are both stubborn and set in our ways and even if we get angry once in awhile (or often) - there is so much more to life than being "right". I finally learned that life is very short and every moment with him is precious and I just blow things off that are really petty.
Me, I'm told.
We fight about money. We fight when one of us has been inconsiderate. Occasionally, we fight about my family -- mostly when we're going to see my family. We never go to sleep angry, though, and that's one of the reasons we're going so strong after more than a decade.
I don't mind fighting. We always end up feeling stronger or softer after. We work really hard to go all the way down to what it is really about and then get all the way through that.
Alanis Morrisette, sage that she is, put it best: The only way OUT is THROUGH.
It took us a while in our marriage to get to the place where we trusted each other enough that we could be REALLY honest and bring things up. But because of those hard conversations that we have, there is nobody walking on this planet that I trust more than my spouse, or that I am more myself with.
We don't get ugly with each other, but when do get very intense.
I do not understand how people who are married do not fight.
Do you intensely disagree?
No, we never disagree! I don't know why we don't argue. We just have an amazing time together, he is my best friend and we have SO much in common. Married 10 years and we still feel like newlyweds ;)
I feel sorry for you if you don't fight. You're missing out on some great make up sex.
I don't have the extra energy to "fight" (yell alot). We will be mean with one liners and ignore each other, but don't really spend energy really fighting.
Married almost 6 years.
No fights, basically my husband just goes along with whatever I want to do, seriously.
The only thing I can remotely say is a "fight" is that he doesn't want to have another child, but I eventually do. However I'm pretty sure he will let us if I really want one.
12:37 - I would say one liners and ignoring each other is definitely considered "fighting"
When we (especially me) aren't clear about expectations or really saying what we want then we fight. Also, when we're just both tired or stressed we sometimes take it out on the one closest, which is each other.
Our silliest fight was about ice cream. Seriously. We laugh about it now, but we really did fight about it. We don't fight often but no one's perfect, and of course we get annoyed with each other like anyone who sees each other every day would.
The silent treatment is fighting too guys. You don't have to just yell to be fighting.
Lack of communication is our downfall.
12:47 - I guess we fight nearly everyday then. Very sad. I'll go back to being in denial again...much happier place!
Some of our fights stem from my belief that I am almost always right, and that everybody who is right thinking thinks like I do. I know it's arrogant; it's a struggle I have had for years. Took a long time for anybody I really respected to challenge that.
Still working on it.
12:18, 10:48 here and if that's the only time you get to have great sex, I feel sorry for you! 10 years and we still have sex at least three times a week....And it's amazing!
well we weren't fighting until he read this....
3 times a week and it's still great, THANKS ALOT!
Who said make up sex was the only time one had great sex? There are different kinds of sex and that happens to be a good one. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
Post a Comment