nope never and never will it affects so many more than me or the person i cheat with. you have to think of all the people it will hurt.... not to mention you said until death do you part not untill i want someone else!
I have not slept with another man but I have kissed another. I have sent nude pictures. I have had sexually arousing conversations through the computer. I have obsessed and dreamed of having an affair. I hate this and wish it were different. Our marriage has survived but he doesn't know I've done these things. If he did know, we would still survive but he would be hurt and it would take counseling. I still at times talk to these guys but won't go this far again. Oh, and since many are always so interested. Yes, I'm C of C. As if those who ask have no struggles and are perfect.
It's okay, 10:51 ... you can tell everyone what we talked about.
I just have to say, it was a HUGE relief to have that conversation with her, because it freed her up to ASK and hold me accountable, and it freed me up from feeling like I had something to HIDE.
I highly recommend a conversation like that with your spouse. Husbands, stop hiding, ... and wives feel free to hold your husbands accountable to a higher standard.
10:51 here. I think it just started with something like, "Do you struggle with lust?"
Awkward silence.
"Yes."
"What!!???" And then we went on from there.
I don't remember the exact conversation, but I do remember it felt like a huge ego blow to me, even though it is a very common struggle. And I realize that it wasn't really about me. What I do remember is what came out of it: we prayed together, and we came up with this "Eyes up" strategy and reminder. AND God released me from feeling gross about it. And right at first, I would remind him as he walked out the door, and check in with him when I spoke to him. And it wasn't naggy (he may need to comment here), it really was a team effort, and I think he felt so relieved.
Now every once in awhile, I ask him how he is doing keeping his eyes up.
If you are going to tackle this in your marriage, I recommend that you pray first alone that God will help you be gentle and loving, and guard your heart from taking it personally, and that God will soften his heart and allow him to be humble and loving back.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
15 comments:
Have you ever cheated on your spouse? If so, what were the circumstances? Did your marriage survive, and how were you able to end the relationship?
Never cheated. I can say that I have been very faithful even in my heart.
never cheated and never wanted to
never cheated.
yes i've cheated......twice.
nope never and never will it affects so many more than me or the person i cheat with. you have to think of all the people it will hurt.... not to mention you said until death do you part not untill i want someone else!
nope, don't plan on it and that goes for my husband too.
I have not slept with another man but I have kissed another. I have sent nude pictures. I have had sexually arousing conversations through the computer. I have obsessed and dreamed of having an affair. I hate this and wish it were different. Our marriage has survived but he doesn't know I've done these things. If he did know, we would still survive but he would be hurt and it would take counseling. I still at times talk to these guys but won't go this far again. Oh, and since many are always so interested. Yes, I'm C of C. As if those who ask have no struggles and are perfect.
We work pretty hard to guard our marriage. We haven't cheated.
It took us several years to actually have a hard conversation about lust, but once we did, it was very freeing and we approach that as a team now.
I will not tell you that it was an easy conversation, but it was necessary.
never cheated. never going to. Why would I? I'm completely satisfied in every way with the woman I married.
No and I never would!
I can't keep up with my husband now! Why would I want to have to please two people. Ugh!
We are perfect together, I love my husband!
10:51 what exaxtly did you say to each other??
It's okay, 10:51 ... you can tell everyone what we talked about.
I just have to say, it was a HUGE relief to have that conversation with her, because it freed her up to ASK and hold me accountable, and it freed me up from feeling like I had something to HIDE.
I highly recommend a conversation like that with your spouse. Husbands, stop hiding, ... and wives feel free to hold your husbands accountable to a higher standard.
I am too scare of my wife to cheat.
10:51 here. I think it just started with something like, "Do you struggle with lust?"
Awkward silence.
"Yes."
"What!!???" And then we went on from there.
I don't remember the exact conversation, but I do remember it felt like a huge ego blow to me, even though it is a very common struggle. And I realize that it wasn't really about me. What I do remember is what came out of it: we prayed together, and we came up with this "Eyes up" strategy and reminder. AND God released me from feeling gross about it. And right at first, I would remind him as he walked out the door, and check in with him when I spoke to him. And it wasn't naggy (he may need to comment here), it really was a team effort, and I think he felt so relieved.
Now every once in awhile, I ask him how he is doing keeping his eyes up.
If you are going to tackle this in your marriage, I recommend that you pray first alone that God will help you be gentle and loving, and guard your heart from taking it personally, and that God will soften his heart and allow him to be humble and loving back.
Post a Comment