Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What would you do if you suspected that your neighbor was having an affair or doing drugs?

22 comments:

OK Chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If I was for sure, 100% sure, that my neighbor was doing drugs I'd call the police. I don't want that next door. It could cause danager to myself or other neighbors.

I don't know if I'd do anything about the affair.

Anonymous said...

I knew my neighbor was having an affair and I stayed out of it. I was friends with both of them and said nothing. I don't think she knew that I knew so it was never brought up. As for doing drugs, I agree with 7:18. I would have to know 100% and then call the police.

Anonymous said...

ask my neighbor what he did

Anonymous said...

The affair question would depend on my relationship with the neighbors.

I would call the police about the drugs.

the sweetest girl you know said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well since it is none of my buisness what my neighbor does I wouldn't do anything.

As for 7:18...chances are that is next door. No matter where you live. Maybe in your own home? Don't be so closed minded about the world in which you live. Whats wrong with living in a neighborhood that isn't cookie cutter perfect?

You edmond people drive me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Well since it is none of my buisness what my neighbor does I wouldn't do anything.

As for 7:18...chances are that is next door. No matter where you live. Maybe in your own home? Don't be so closed minded about the world in which you live. Whats wrong with living in a neighborhood that isn't cookie cutter perfect?

You edmond people drive me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Just FYI - if you see your neighhbor doing drugs, there isn't much the police will do. They can monitor the home for suspicious activity, but their not gonna barge in and search for drugs without a warrant. Even if you have photos they won't, because of the chances that the photos are digitally altered.

If they have kids you can report them to CPS and they'll investigate though.

Anonymous said...

I don't need a cookie cutter neighborhood. I want a neighborhood with diversity of religions and races. I'd love one with a diversity of social economical diversity, but that ain't really gonna happen.

Even though I want diversity doesn't mean I want drugs next door or across the street. I know it is everywhere, but that doesn't mean I have to condone it or turn a blind eye!

Anonymous said...

I have had neighbors who I knew were having affairs, but I didn't know them other than in passing and it was none of my business. If I was close friends with my neighbor, that might change things. It would depend on the circumstances.

As for doing drugs, there really isn't much I could do. If they were selling them from their home endangering the neighborhood or cooking meth or endangering their children I feel I would be obligated to report.

Anonymous said...

I once had a neighbor who did drugs and sold drugs. I knew it. I called the police and they couldn't do anything. I was just renting so I eventually moved because I was tired of living next door that all that trouble.

Anonymous said...

I agree with 9:30. The affair part would depend on the relationship with the neighbors. In order to turn in drug use it would really have to present a threat - selling drugs or making meth, etc.

My guess is both things are going on in our neighborhoods and we just don't know it. I think a LOT of people abuse prescription drugs, etc. For example, I know people who will call ladies who have just had a baby to buy their pain meds. or they go to their house to take them.

Anonymous said...

I don't feel as though there is much I could do with neighbors doing drugs. If it became dangerous I would call the police.
As far as affairs go, I would say something. It may not be any of my business, but from personal experience, something needs to be said. Too many times, expecially in the church, we don't make it our business to try to help out others before it's too late, because we are afraid of what others will think of us. We need to get over ourselves and at least confront the wrongdoer. It is possible that our actions may deter that person from continuing the behavior and ultimately save a marriage.

Anonymous said...

My situation is a little different. We live out in the middle of nowhere! No neighbors for at least a mile.

I know our 'neighbors' are majorly into meth! The law makers don't do anything about it until there are enough people and enough houses involved to do a raid! Besides, we only have 5 cops in our entire county!! Pretty sorry! I really don't mind the pot heads, they are our best neighbors! So Easy Going ;)

Now the affair part, I agree that I could care less what my neighbors do in that aspect! One 'neighbor' was always down the road parked at a turn around spot, always with a different car parked with him! We actually thought it was funny.

Unless it is directly hurting me or my kids, I don't care what they do!

Anonymous said...

7:18 here and my neighbor is not doing drugs because he's a 65 year old preacher. Also it's not happening in my house because I live alone. I am very aware that drugs happen.
I guess my thought behind my statement is if I had children I wouldn't want a meth lab next door. I would think it would put my kids in danager.

Anonymous said...

Being 65 and a preacher doesn't mean he is not doing drugs.

It *probably* means that it is not likely that he is doing them.

Anonymous said...

who cares what my neighbor is doing?

Anonymous said...

"love your neighbor as yourself"

I hope I would try to do what was helpful and right in either situation.

Anonymous said...

Crackhouse? Firebomb it!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha If your neighbor is 65 he could be doing some therapeutic recreation. I've known preachers who've done worse :)

Anonymous said...

what if your neighbor was having an affair with a DRUG DEALER! that would be cool!