This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
How much is your monthly house payment?
32 comments:
Anonymous
said...
1,017, not including taxes. That is on a 30 year fixed, hopefully we start overpaying that soon to get it paid off quicker. Does anyone know if it is worth it to refinance to a 15 year fixed or just pay your 30 year like a 15 year?
1265 - on a 15 year loan, we just refinanced last year.
In response to poster #1, it would only make sense to refi down to a 15 if you can get a much better interest rate (which we did) otherwise, just pay extra to your current mortgage.
Not that I'm bragging. We really can't afford that, because we have other debt that's getting left behind, and we're about $150K underwater. So please don't think that I think we're all awesome. We "ouch" it just about every month.
That is 28% of our income. We are actually considering downsizing. Our priorities have changed so a smaller house payment would help us accomplish things faster.
We're a two-income family, mortgage is about 50%. We have crappy credit and feel pretty lucky to be homeowners, especially with a 30 yr. fixed. We bought at the peak of the bubble in our area. The market didn't grow like we expected. So in a way we're stuck, but blessed in so many other ways.
And, Pres. Obama is going to help us modify our loan to ease the pressure.
Hey 9:59, I think I understand why you can't move. You can't sell your house for what you paid for it, right? Like, not even close?
So that leaves you with what option? Walk away from it? I bet a lot of people around you are doing just that, right? But if you walk away from your home, you are bailing on your debt. Even though you could get into a rental for much less right now.
Well, do you need to move? And I will pray for your family. That must be stressful for you.
We have a line of credit mortgage so we only pay like $100+ in interest! Interest rate is only around 1%! We are blessed in this department. It can be dangerous (why Dave Ramsey doesn't like it!) like credit cards but if you are good with money, it can get your house paid off much quicker...or allow you to buy newer cars and update your house...it's about time we actually start paying it off!
I know I'm late, but I guess I'm the only one that gets to say $0 We bought our home at 18 and by 25 we have it completely paid off! We put every cent toward this house and am so glad we did. It's now worth over 3 times the amount we paid for it!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
32 comments:
1,017, not including taxes. That is on a 30 year fixed, hopefully we start overpaying that soon to get it paid off quicker. Does anyone know if it is worth it to refinance to a 15 year fixed or just pay your 30 year like a 15 year?
$1250.00
$775
$925 (rent)
$1025
$680
$674.96
1265 - on a 15 year loan, we just refinanced last year.
In response to poster #1, it would only make sense to refi down to a 15 if you can get a much better interest rate (which we did) otherwise, just pay extra to your current mortgage.
$1075.00
938.00
$700
864.00 that's with escrow included.
$876 I believe, includes escrow. It is a 15 year loan.
$2957 a mth Tax and Ins included.
I'm going for the record, here.
$3,547 with taxes, insurance, escrow, etc. included. 30 Year fixed.
Anyone top that?
9:59, here.
Not that I'm bragging. We really can't afford that, because we have other debt that's getting left behind, and we're about $150K underwater. So please don't think that I think we're all awesome. We "ouch" it just about every month.
Oh, and we'd KILL for a $700 house payment.
Love, 9:59
WHAT PERCENTAGE OF YOUR MONTHLY INCOME IS YOUR HOUSEPAYMENT? OURS IS 19%
$815, includes escrow
YIKES!
We don't even make $3500 a month!
$1100
9:59 -- Why don't you move?
Did your husband lose a job or something like that?
1345
$2890 - With taxes and ins.
That is 28% of our income. We are actually considering downsizing. Our priorities have changed so a smaller house payment would help us accomplish things faster.
9:59 here.
We're a two-income family, mortgage is about 50%. We have crappy credit and feel pretty lucky to be homeowners, especially with a 30 yr. fixed. We bought at the peak of the bubble in our area. The market didn't grow like we expected. So in a way we're stuck, but blessed in so many other ways.
And, Pres. Obama is going to help us modify our loan to ease the pressure.
Thanks for your prayers.
$1479
Hey 9:59, I think I understand why you can't move. You can't sell your house for what you paid for it, right? Like, not even close?
So that leaves you with what option? Walk away from it? I bet a lot of people around you are doing just that, right? But if you walk away from your home, you are bailing on your debt. Even though you could get into a rental for much less right now.
Well, do you need to move? And I will pray for your family. That must be stressful for you.
$1859, but I pay at least $2000 a month. It includes escrow and we are on a 20 year fixed.
$1747. We are looking to refinance to get 1.5% less on the interest rate. It's a 30 year fixed.
We have a line of credit mortgage so we only pay like $100+ in interest! Interest rate is only around 1%! We are blessed in this department. It can be dangerous (why Dave Ramsey doesn't like it!) like credit cards but if you are good with money, it can get your house paid off much quicker...or allow you to buy newer cars and update your house...it's about time we actually start paying it off!
I know I'm late, but I guess I'm the only one that gets to say $0 We bought our home at 18 and by 25 we have it completely paid off! We put every cent toward this house and am so glad we did. It's now worth over 3 times the amount we paid for it!
$791, but about to go up to $796 because escrow payment went up b/c of taxes.
Post a Comment