Yea, I don't get freaked out. If this is how the world is supposed to end, so be it! I haven't watched TV at all and it sounds like that has been a good thing! I've heard it's curable with tamaflu. Yes I hated getting the flu two years ago and being sick for two weeks but i'll take my chances as opposed to giving myself an ulcer worrying and losing eyesight by staring at the TV watching the news all day long.
Please, let's call it by its official name -- H1N1 flu. We don't want to start a wave of discrimination against the pigs of this world. Love is colorblind, you know.
Good point about the regular flu, but maybe the concern is over how difficult-to-cure this strain is, coupled with this not being "flu season." That's unusual. Plus there are many of us who still remember the H1N1 epidemic of the 70s.
Oh, and word verification letters on my page right now look like the spell "feces." I'm a little wierded out.
As for Reader Rally, obviously Sarah was the first reader today. ;)
Swine flu: I think we should have heat sensors at the borders. You have a fever? Don't come in.
However, that does go against the sentiment of "The New Colossus" that we associate so strongly with the IDEA of our open-armed attitude in our country.
Seriously, it's because of misinformed people that this is even an issue? 160 DEATHS FROM SWINE FLU THIS YEAR!? Where are you getting your information? There have been 10 deaths, all in either the US (1) or Mexico (9). There have only been a total of 367 cases! It's because of people like you that others panic. Get your facts straight. Not everything you hear on TV is true.
Hey 5:18....From Associated Press last Thursday....
Germany and Austria became the latest countries to report swine flu infections Wednesday, with cases already confirmed in Canada, Britain, Israel, New Zealand and Spain.
In addition to the 160 deaths, the virus is believed to have sickened 2,498 people across Mexico. But only 1,311 suspected swine flu patients remained hospitalized, and a closer look at daily admissions and deaths at Mexico's public hospitals suggests the outbreak may have peaked during three grim days last week when thousands of people complained of flu symptoms.
Scientists believe that somewhere in the world, months or even a year ago, a pig virus jumped to a human and mutated, and has been spreading between humans ever since. Unlike with bird flu, doctors have no evidence suggesting a direct pig-to-human infection from this strain, which is why they haven't recommended killing pigs.
WOW MY FACTS ARE STRAIGHT!!! WHAT? WHAT'S THAT???? OH YEAH, BITE ME!
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
15 comments:
What happened to the reader rally??
Wash your hands. If your sick stay home. Avoid contact with those who are sick.
The virus is already out of Mexico and is going to spread.
SARS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, (Insert next Media over reaction here).
More people have died from the real flu.
If you are stressed and depressed then turn off your TV for about an hour, I promise you will feel better about yourself, and the country.
I too was dissapointed about no reader rally!
maybe shejust forgot what day it was, sometimes I do, or maybe she thought the swine flu was really important
Over it.
I think the media was excited to talk about something besides the economy and Obama.
The media loves to freak people out!
YES 160 have died from Swine Flu this year, BUT 30,000 died from the regular flu last year!
I do agree we should be careful, but we shouldn't freak out!
....Okay off to wash my hands and get my mask... ; )
You can fly to Mexico REALLY cheap right now....booking flight as we speak!!!
oooh, good point. i bet the resorts are cheap too. I may be doing the same thing.
Yea, I don't get freaked out. If this is how the world is supposed to end, so be it! I haven't watched TV at all and it sounds like that has been a good thing! I've heard it's curable with tamaflu. Yes I hated getting the flu two years ago and being sick for two weeks but i'll take my chances as opposed to giving myself an ulcer worrying and losing eyesight by staring at the TV watching the news all day long.
Please, let's call it by its official name -- H1N1 flu. We don't want to start a wave of discrimination against the pigs of this world. Love is colorblind, you know.
Good point about the regular flu, but maybe the concern is over how difficult-to-cure this strain is, coupled with this not being "flu season." That's unusual. Plus there are many of us who still remember the H1N1 epidemic of the 70s.
Oh, and word verification letters on my page right now look like the spell "feces." I'm a little wierded out.
As for Reader Rally, obviously Sarah was the first reader today. ;)
Swine flu:
I think we should have heat sensors at the borders. You have a fever? Don't come in.
However, that does go against the sentiment of "The New Colossus" that we associate so strongly with the IDEA of our open-armed attitude in our country.
Seriously, it's because of misinformed people that this is even an issue? 160 DEATHS FROM SWINE FLU THIS YEAR!? Where are you getting your information? There have been 10 deaths, all in either the US (1) or Mexico (9). There have only been a total of 367 cases! It's because of people like you that others panic. Get your facts straight. Not everything you hear on TV is true.
I say kill them before they kill us - white wine goes great with swine!!
Bacon for breakfast anyone?
blown out of proportion. over it.
Hey 5:18....From Associated Press last Thursday....
Germany and Austria became the latest countries to report swine flu infections Wednesday, with cases already confirmed in Canada, Britain, Israel, New Zealand and Spain.
In addition to the 160 deaths, the virus is believed to have sickened 2,498 people across Mexico. But only 1,311 suspected swine flu patients remained hospitalized, and a closer look at daily admissions and deaths at Mexico's public hospitals suggests the outbreak may have peaked during three grim days last week when thousands of people complained of flu symptoms.
Scientists believe that somewhere in the world, months or even a year ago, a pig virus jumped to a human and mutated, and has been spreading between humans ever since. Unlike with bird flu, doctors have no evidence suggesting a direct pig-to-human infection from this strain, which is why they haven't recommended killing pigs.
WOW MY FACTS ARE STRAIGHT!!! WHAT? WHAT'S THAT???? OH YEAH, BITE ME!
Post a Comment