Tuesday, May 19, 2009

For those with a close circle of friends, how long have you lived where you live? For those who have had a close circle of friends in the past, what were the circumstances that helped create those friendships?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Signs of good friends are those you can not see for 6 months, a year, whatever and when you reconnect it's like you never were apart.

I have 4 best friends. Two I have known since college, two I met about 9 years ago through work. Both sets of friendships are different. I love each one of them for a different reason and I can't imagine not having them in my life.

Anonymous said...

I've lived here all my life, but exact house - 8 years. I agree with 5:10, I have some friends that I almost never see, but love more than family! When we see eachother it's like we never left, but a day together and we remember why we don't see eachother all the time again!

Most of my friends are either bc we go to church together or bc we went to school together 9 years ago! We have so many friends from every walk of life, but we always have something, maybe small, in common!

My past circle of friends bonded over somethings, but as you grow up and change those things change and it's just weird now to be friends. I'm married w kids now, they aren't!

Anonymous said...

Over the years I've had 3 close circles of friends. One in jr high/high school, one in college, and one post college. I still keep in touch with all of them on some level, but life circumstances put us in different places. One of them I am still really close to and consider her one of my two best friends.

When I think of my friends, I think of the poem that talks about how people are in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime and I think that is very true.

Anonymous said...

I am 25 and have lived here 25 years my best friend and I have been friends 20 years. She is married and has a little girl, where as I am not married and no kids. Even though we are in different places as far as family is concerned we are still as good as friends as ever. I go by her house to see her and her family about once a week, and they will call me about once a week. Her husband and I have been friends for about 12 years now, so I was thrilled to see them marry each other. I do things with them as a family and individually. Those are probably two of my oldest and closet friends.
Being friends for 20 years we have had a lot of things bring us closer, losing grandparnts, graduating HS, College, Law school, taking drivers Ed together, years of playing basketball together, parents getting a divorce, having a little sister come into the family, visiting each others families, marriage, birth of her daughter (that was a long night at the hospital, happy I wasn't having the kid), the list could go on and on. Hopefully we will have another 20 years together.

Anonymous said...

I've lived in the same city for 32years (all my life). I still get together monthly with a group of friends from high school.

Anonymous said...

I've only lived here since college and have found it very hard making friends. People seem to be in close circles that never open! They may open up for a minute or even a day, but will close back up. I branch out, I try, but it's hard.

Anonymous said...

The only circle of friends I was a part of, I was ironically not all that "close" to. We spent a great amount of time together because we made each other laugh. I don't easily let people get past my walls. Those I do are fewer and farther between and usually don't arrive in clumps or circles for that matter.

Anonymous said...

I have close circles of friends just about wherever I've lived. Lately having friends with kids the same age as mine has really brought us close. Knowing what each other is going through is really helpful.