This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
What's Worse Wednesday
for your spouse to have an affair with someone of the same gender of you or the opposite gender of you?
15 comments:
Anonymous
said...
if he had one with another guy. At least with another women there seems to be more a chance of a recolination, if he decides he wants to be gay, then that would be a lot harder to reconcile.
To me it would feel like betrayal any way you put it ;) I would be furious and I wouldn't want a reconciliation! If my husband cheated on me, the first thing I would be thinking would be a LONG seperation but it wouldn't be whether it was reconcilable or not. I would need lots of time and proof he had changed!
We both feel gay is wrong so I know the second wouldn't happen.
But like 6:23 said it would be a lot harder to reconcile if they were with another guy. It's a different level of betrayal to me. You think you know a person and then if they do that, you really don't know their thoughts and who they are. At least with a woman it would seem more like lust not craziness. So I have to agree same sex.
They would both equally suck. At least with a same sex affair, if my husband turned out to be gay, I would know it wasn't me, or question what I did to make him cheat. And it would just be over. I'd say, "go be gay, hope you find a great guy, I guess I'll go live my life now." I think it would be easier to forgive him for living a lie and trying to be someone he's not, than just giving in to lust with a woman. If he cheated on me with a woman, I would drive myself crazy with questions like "what did I do wrong, what is she like, is she prettier than me, skinnier than me, I wanna know who she is." And then I'd have to think about whether or not to forgive him , or leave him.
So, I guess even though both would be horrible, I'd deal better with a same sex affair. I'm probably the only poster that doesn't have a problem with homosexuality though.
I don't agree with everything 8:42 said, I agree with the part about driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong if my husband cheated with another woman.
I would feel betrayed either way, but I think if he had an affair with another man, it would be much harder for me because not only would I feel betrayed, but I would feel like I had been living with someone I didn't even know.
Two guys I sort of dated in the past later announced they were gay (long after any relationship we had was over). It is a feeling I can't even describe and I can only image what it would have felt like if either of them had left me for another man.
Both would be very hard, and I wouldn't want to go through either one.
However, I would think an affair with a woman would be worse than an affair with a man. If he cheated on me with a woman I would think it was my fault. I didn't fulfill him sexual, or he wasn't happy with our marriage. If he cheated on me with another man, then I'd know it was probably something he's been living with for a long time. No need to keep living a lie. But again, both would be awful.
funny, doesn't look like many men have responded. WHY? society makes it sexy for two "good looking women" to get together. most guys reading probably thought...”hmmmm, another woman SWEET!”
Okay, for the coward at 3:42, and other guys who won't answer ... Girls, let me offer my perspective. First, I think that mostly women read this blog. Therefore, you are not getting the males to answer, because there aren't any around to respond.
Second, I think 2:24 hit it right on the head. Society HAS made it "okay" for men to like the thought/sight of two women getting it on. I guess for many men that's true. Maybe the guys out there wouldn't like to comment because, deep down, they also wouldn't mind girl on girl, and it's embarassing to even think of.
Plus, I would also like to hear from the guys out there, other than that one at 12:31 who wants the pictures, and the "no" man who just answered at 3:42.
My husband doesn't get on here, but he said he would easily get over me with another girl than a guy. For me. If he was with a guy...i'd throw up. A whole bunch.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
15 comments:
if he had one with another guy. At least with another women there seems to be more a chance of a recolination, if he decides he wants to be gay, then that would be a lot harder to reconcile.
To me it would feel like betrayal any way you put it ;) I would be furious and I wouldn't want a reconciliation! If my husband cheated on me, the first thing I would be thinking would be a LONG seperation but it wouldn't be whether it was reconcilable or not. I would need lots of time and proof he had changed!
We both feel gay is wrong so I know the second wouldn't happen.
But like 6:23 said it would be a lot harder to reconcile if they were with another guy. It's a different level of betrayal to me. You think you know a person and then if they do that, you really don't know their thoughts and who they are. At least with a woman it would seem more like lust not craziness. So I have to agree same sex.
If he had an affair with another man would be way worse.
They would both equally suck. At least with a same sex affair, if my husband turned out to be gay, I would know it wasn't me, or question what I did to make him cheat. And it would just be over. I'd say, "go be gay, hope you find a great guy, I guess I'll go live my life now." I think it would be easier to forgive him for living a lie and trying to be someone he's not, than just giving in to lust with a woman. If he cheated on me with a woman, I would drive myself crazy with questions like "what did I do wrong, what is she like, is she prettier than me, skinnier than me, I wanna know who she is." And then I'd have to think about whether or not to forgive him , or leave him.
So, I guess even though both would be horrible, I'd deal better with a same sex affair. I'm probably the only poster that doesn't have a problem with homosexuality though.
I don't agree with everything 8:42 said, I agree with the part about driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I did wrong if my husband cheated with another woman.
Either would be awful.
I would feel betrayed either way, but I think if he had an affair with another man, it would be much harder for me because not only would I feel betrayed, but I would feel like I had been living with someone I didn't even know.
Two guys I sort of dated in the past later announced they were gay (long after any relationship we had was over). It is a feeling I can't even describe and I can only image what it would have felt like if either of them had left me for another man.
be worse for it to be with a man than another woman.
If she had an affair with another man, I think I would probably take her back, because I'm so in love with her. But sex aftr that might be a problem.
If she had an affair with another woman, I would ask for the pictures.
I think if he had an affair with another man that would DEFINITELY be worse.
Both would be very hard, and I wouldn't want to go through either one.
However, I would think an affair with a woman would be worse than an affair with a man. If he cheated on me with a woman I would think it was my fault. I didn't fulfill him sexual, or he wasn't happy with our marriage. If he cheated on me with another man, then I'd know it was probably something he's been living with for a long time. No need to keep living a lie. But again, both would be awful.
funny, doesn't look like many men have responded. WHY? society makes it sexy for two "good looking women" to get together. most guys reading probably thought...”hmmmm, another woman SWEET!”
guys???? any of you care to comment on that?
no.
Okay, for the coward at 3:42, and other guys who won't answer ... Girls, let me offer my perspective. First, I think that mostly women read this blog. Therefore,
you are not getting the males to answer, because there aren't any around to respond.
Second, I think 2:24 hit it right on the head. Society HAS made it "okay" for men to like the thought/sight of two women getting it on. I guess for many men that's true. Maybe the guys out there wouldn't like to comment because, deep down, they also wouldn't mind girl on girl, and it's embarassing to even think of.
Plus, I would also like to hear from the guys out there, other than that one at 12:31 who wants the pictures, and the "no" man who just answered at 3:42.
My husband doesn't get on here, but he said he would easily get over me with another girl than a guy. For me. If he was with a guy...i'd throw up. A whole bunch.
Interesting news story considering this topic:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/04/23/o.women.leave.menfor.women/index.html
Post a Comment