This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Is romance important in a couple's every day life? If so, what is the best way to keep it alive?
7 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I think it better be. Although my husband and I don't have sex everyday, we talk, cuddle, give massages, foot rubs or whatever else we can to make the other feel special. If we stop working on us and making the other person feel special then we've got problems. Romance to us is as simple as a wink or holding hands while we are out for a walk.
I think my definition of what is romantic is much more different now than it was 12 years ago when I started to date my husband. Then add a few a kids and it's amazing what becomes romantic to you.
I wake up to notes that he has typed on the computer, walk into a kitchen where the dishwasher has been loaded, or my new favorite-he left me a note saying that he left the last of the coffee creamer for me.
To me these things are more special than receiving flowers and such. There need to be little things every day to show that you are still connected and still special to them.
I agree. After, also, being married 12 yrs, and having kids, it's the little things that matter. The kiss before he goes to work in the morning, making dinner, taking us out for dinner when it's been a rough day, helping get the kids ready for church/school, I could go on. Don't get me wrong the occasional flowers "just because" every once in a while are nice too, but it's the little things that are more romantic now.
I think it is important. My parents never even said hello to eachother in the mornings, they had their own lives to deal with. When I met my in-laws they were So lovey dovey and always doing something sweet for eachother and had been married 25 years then. I think after 15 years of being married, my husband and I have that too. We are very lovey dovey and we kiss a lot throughout the day too. He knows it's what helps him get lucky ;)
Romance in our relationship these days is all about effort. We focus so often on other things that crowd our space daily that we have to make a concerted effort to be selfless and put each other's interests above our own. A note to say I love you or a gift of clothes or flowers are always special, but it is the acts like loading the dishwasher, cleaning up after the kids, doing the laundry for a change, having the kids ready for bed and even in bed before she gets back from the occasional trip to "keep-my-sanityville" or the store that truly say "I Love You." They require true effort on my part because I do not like these chores and it tells her how important she is to me.
I agree that our definition of romance has drastically changed over the last 12-14 years. Although, a little "2 in the Morning" always sets a good tone.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
7 comments:
I think it better be. Although my husband and I don't have sex everyday, we talk, cuddle, give massages, foot rubs or whatever else we can to make the other feel special. If we stop working on us and making the other person feel special then we've got problems. Romance to us is as simple as a wink or holding hands while we are out for a walk.
I think my definition of what is romantic is much more different now than it was 12 years ago when I started to date my husband. Then add a few a kids and it's amazing what becomes romantic to you.
I wake up to notes that he has typed on the computer, walk into a kitchen where the dishwasher has been loaded, or my new favorite-he left me a note saying that he left the last of the coffee creamer for me.
To me these things are more special than receiving flowers and such. There need to be little things every day to show that you are still connected and still special to them.
I agree. After, also, being married 12 yrs, and having kids, it's the little things that matter. The kiss before he goes to work in the morning, making dinner, taking us out for dinner when it's been a rough day, helping get the kids ready for church/school, I could go on. Don't get me wrong the occasional flowers "just because" every once in a while are nice too, but it's the little things that are more romantic now.
I think it is important. My parents never even said hello to eachother in the mornings, they had their own lives to deal with. When I met my in-laws they were So lovey dovey and always doing something sweet for eachother and had been married 25 years then. I think after 15 years of being married, my husband and I have that too. We are very lovey dovey and we kiss a lot throughout the day too. He knows it's what helps him get lucky ;)
Definitely! But I think anything that shows any kid of thought behind it is romantic for me! I'm pretty easy to please. :)
Romance in our relationship these days is all about effort. We focus so often on other things that crowd our space daily that we have to make a concerted effort to be selfless and put each other's interests above our own. A note to say I love you or a gift of clothes or flowers are always special, but it is the acts like loading the dishwasher, cleaning up after the kids, doing the laundry for a change, having the kids ready for bed and even in bed before she gets back from the occasional trip to "keep-my-sanityville" or the store that truly say "I Love You." They require true effort on my part because I do not like these chores and it tells her how important she is to me.
I agree that our definition of romance has drastically changed over the last 12-14 years. Although, a little "2 in the Morning" always sets a good tone.
Probably the best way to keep it alive is to not have chemo!
Post a Comment