Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's Worse Wednesday

Always speak in rhyme -OR- never hear every third word spoken to you?

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

To never hear every third word spoken would be worse. Speaking in rhyme could be somewhat amusing sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I think what's worse Wed is dumb. I like questions that invlove lots of interaction and a good conversation with all the posters.

Anonymous said...

To never hear every 3rd word. At least if you hear everything in rhyme you get the entire conversation. If you take out every 3rd word - it would be tough to follow anything said to you.

Anonymous said...

I speak in rhyme all the time.

Anonymous said...

i'd rather speak in rhyme all the thyme! ok, i am corney and i know it.

Anonymous said...

8:42 I agree. I was looking forward to a good 'discussion' this morning!

Anonymous said...

I agree with 8:42 & 10:11. Bring out the questions!

Anonymous said...

This is a funny question. If you mean always speaking in exact rhyme, that could prove to be a little limiting.

However, it would be horrible to only hear, "I love _______." Or, "Mommy, I ________ you!"

Anonymous said...

I want to know how many individual readers there are for this blog. Is there a way to figure that out?

I am 1.

Anonymous said...

I am 2

Anonymous said...

but not just readers - posters, I wonder if everyone who reads this actually posts something, because I only post on interesting questions, not these stupid whats worse questions.

Anonymous said...

Can we leave what's worse wed suggestions?

I have a few that might stir up some conversation!

Anonymous said...

never hearing ... third word ... to me. ... annoying.

Anonymous said...

Here's a what's worse question that might get some interaction. What's worse - staying in a marriage for the kids (and being roommates basically) or getting a divorce?

Sarah said...

Yes, feel free to suggest any that you want. Also, send in the questions. You can do that on the homepage where it indicates emailing a question. Part of the reason we tried this What's worse is because I'm running out of questions.

I'll try the WWW a little longer with some more spirited questions and see how it goes. If you still don't like it, I'll scrap it.

Thanks for the input,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

divorce is worse

Anonymous said...

I'm for this blog. I answer most questions, unless they do not relate to me.

Anonymous said...

I know Sarah (who puts this blog together) and she has trouble coming up with questions EVERY single day. So 8:42 send her 10 questions today and see how easy you think it is. Ten questions fills up 2 weeks, and she's been doing this for MONTHS!!!!!

Here's an idea, if you don't like the question DON'T RESPOND!

Anonymous said...

Amen, 1:47. I like What's Worse Wednesday." It's a departure from some of the darker, deeper issues brought up here sometimes -- lighthearted and fun.

So shut your keyboards up if you don't like the topic. Come back later when you can spew your depression and dysfunction with impunity.

Anonymous said...

why are people on here so mean?

8:42, 10:11 and 11:23 just want to have real discussions. You know what would be funny is if the same people who are always griping at each other are actually really good friends in real life.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sure I DO know them, and I probably don't like them in person either!

Anonymous said...

If you don't like the subject then don't comment. You don't have to be rude to the person that puts this all together.

Anonymous said...

8:42- Don't read on Wednesdays!

Anonymous said...

12:56, I think it's worse to divorce and/or move on. I hate when people take marriage lightly, it's a commitment! Treat it like one. You wouldn't give up on your kids so why give up on your spouse. Go to counseling, talk it over, work it out! People give up way too easily in their marriages. They put so much effort into their kids, jobs and image rather than what really means something! Maybe if they had no choice but to stay living together, they would work it out! Just a thought. Maybe I'm totally off, but I have an easy marriage. If mine was complicated I might think different.

Oh and I guess I'm #3. Pretty funny if we actually had to use a number and everything we said was put into one file. Ha, Ha, It would be pretty funny to see if we contradict ourselves! I'm sure I do on some things!

Anonymous said...

What would the rhyme rule be? Like, two sentences have to rhyme and then you get to pick a new sound to rhyme or eternally stuck having to rhyme the first sentence ending word you uttered. Shuttered. Muttered. Puttered. Stuttered. That could limit conversation. Cluttered!

Anonymous said...

i like what's worse wednesdays, and i appreciate you Sarah, for all the thoughtful questions you come up with.

Anonymous said...

Dear 6:34,

Thanks for sticking with the question. You made me laugh. :-)

Anonymous said...

here's an ABBA rhyme scheme

Which path would bring me less strife?
I ponder, I waffle, I choose.
If I miss out on third words I lose,
So I'll take the rhyme-only life.

Anonymous said...

Or we could do aabb

To rhyme?
A crime!
Delete?
Incomplete!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You are doing a good job with the questions. I hope that those that are complaining take the time to send some to you. You will find with any blog more readers than you can imagine. You are open to the world.
I have enjoyed you questions & the comments. Please keep it going with a little help from your friends

Anonymous said...

awww. i was hoping for kudos for my poetry too.