This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, April 20, 2009
What is your take on Global Warming? Are we overreacting or underreacting?
17 comments:
Anonymous
said...
To be 100% truthful, I don't care about it at all.
I will say when I was a kid I was soooooo scared about the hole in the ozone thing. Leared about it in school, nearly had an ulcer worrying about what the environment would be like when I was older.
I do believe that the ice caps are melting and that we treat our planet like a trash can. I am doing what I think I need to do to leave a better place for my kids to grow up in. So, yes, I do believe in global warming.
I have done a little research and I have seen in the past where the global temp goes up and down, up and down. It just happens. I think we over reacting.
God will make the Earth do whatever he wants it too! He is in charge, so I'll just enjoy my time here. And I'll try to not be wasteful and be a good steward to the Earth.
I think it's so funny when the temps are hotter than normal, it's all bc of global warming! When there's too much rain, it's El Nino! What about this last winter? Where I live, we had more cold and snow than in the past 25 years!! What are you going to blame, or was that just a freak thing?!?
There is no global warming in my opinion. Like I said, just nature taking it's course. It'll go back.
After reading "The Worst Hard Time", about the dust bowl...those people were trying to find something to blame it on, as well. Yes, we are careless with our trash and emissions, but to blame everything on global warming is a little exaggerated.
Honestly, I haven't done enough research on my own to really form an educated opinion. I am not a "green-freak" so to speak, but I do believe that Christians should care about the environment. We need to be good stewards of God's creation, so I am trying harder to be more concious of how much my family consumes, wastes, throws out, etc.
While I think we need to take care of what God has given us -- as charged by God in the beginning -- I don't think warming is the global crisis the liberals make it out to be.
Climate changes are a fact of living on planet Earth. It's only that this generation is the first one EVER to have had the technology to be able to notice the slow changes happening around us. Warming would be happening without our gas-powered machines. In a few years' time, our decendents are going to be all in a tizzy about global cooling and how the LACK of CO2 output from all the disappeared gas-powered machines is causing all the ice all over the place.
I'm not losing sleep over it or growing wrinkles worrying it about like some probably are. I know God is in control and we aren't supposed to live forever. If God wants the earth to melt and kill off everything, then that will happen! I do recycle, I do all natural when I can, but that is as far as I go! I'm not spending one second worrying about it.
Over reacting by a long shot. Global cooling, global warming yada yada. Puh-lease! We have a responsibility to keep the environment safe for future generations but we are not the culprits to blame for global warming. I have heard leading scientific (liberal non the less)researchers that have dedicated their lives to changing climates state that it's not happening the way it is being portrayed in the media.
I think we are overreacting, but I do what I can to keep the earth clean. I think anyone living on this planet, not just Christians, should take care of the planet. I mean, recycling can't hurt us, right?
9:28 #1, your hillarious ;) I love the comment about global cooling! I'm going to tell my kids about that in case they hear about it when they are older. They can say, hey my mom and her blogger buds were talking about that 70 years ago :) Damn this ICE!!
I wouldn't consider myself neurotic, but I think we are currently treating our planet like crap. I try and do my part when I can. We recycle every bit of trash we can. I live in a small town, so no curbside recycling pick-up here. I don't want any of my plastic to end up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. If you're not familiar with what that is, google it. I find it disturbing. I buy environmentally friendly products when I can. God gave us a beautiful planet, and I'm not going to take part in trashing his creation.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
17 comments:
To be 100% truthful, I don't care about it at all.
I will say when I was a kid I was soooooo scared about the hole in the ozone thing. Leared about it in school, nearly had an ulcer worrying about what the environment would be like when I was older.
I believe we should be good stewards of what God has given us, but I do believe in Global Warming like the liberals all freak out over.
that is suppose to be "don't believe", typo-sorry
I honestly don't care about it either. I generally roll my eyes when I hear about it.
Even though I don't care about we do participate in some of the green stuff.
I do believe that the ice caps are melting and that we treat our planet like a trash can. I am doing what I think I need to do to leave a better place for my kids to grow up in. So, yes, I do believe in global warming.
I have done a little research and I have seen in the past where the global temp goes up and down, up and down. It just happens. I think we over reacting.
God will make the Earth do whatever he wants it too! He is in charge, so I'll just enjoy my time here. And I'll try to not be wasteful and be a good steward to the Earth.
I think it's so funny when the temps are hotter than normal, it's all bc of global warming! When there's too much rain, it's El Nino! What about this last winter? Where I live, we had more cold and snow than in the past 25 years!! What are you going to blame, or was that just a freak thing?!?
There is no global warming in my opinion. Like I said, just nature taking it's course. It'll go back.
Mosey
After reading "The Worst Hard Time", about the dust bowl...those people were trying to find something to blame it on, as well. Yes, we are careless with our trash and emissions, but to blame everything on global warming is a little exaggerated.
Honestly, I haven't done enough research on my own to really form an educated opinion. I am not a "green-freak" so to speak, but I do believe that Christians should care about the environment. We need to be good stewards of God's creation, so I am trying harder to be more concious of how much my family consumes, wastes, throws out, etc.
While I think we need to take care of what God has given us -- as charged by God in the beginning -- I don't think warming is the global crisis the liberals make it out to be.
Climate changes are a fact of living on planet Earth. It's only that this generation is the first one EVER to have had the technology to be able to notice the slow changes happening around us. Warming would be happening without our gas-powered machines. In a few years' time, our decendents are going to be all in a tizzy about global cooling and how the LACK of CO2 output from all the disappeared gas-powered machines is causing all the ice all over the place.
Relax, people.
I'm not losing sleep over it or growing wrinkles worrying it about like some probably are. I know God is in control and we aren't supposed to live forever. If God wants the earth to melt and kill off everything, then that will happen! I do recycle, I do all natural when I can, but that is as far as I go! I'm not spending one second worrying about it.
I'm doing what I can - recycling, giving up bottled water trying to take care of God's earth like I do my home.
Overreacting
Over reacting by a long shot. Global cooling, global warming yada yada. Puh-lease! We have a responsibility to keep the environment safe for future generations but we are not the culprits to blame for global warming. I have heard leading scientific (liberal non the less)researchers that have dedicated their lives to changing climates state that it's not happening the way it is being portrayed in the media.
I think we are overreacting, but I do what I can to keep the earth clean. I think anyone living on this planet, not just Christians, should take care of the planet. I mean, recycling can't hurt us, right?
9:28 #1, your hillarious ;) I love the comment about global cooling! I'm going to tell my kids about that in case they hear about it when they are older. They can say, hey my mom and her blogger buds were talking about that 70 years ago :) Damn this ICE!!
The way some of you are talking about this shows a lack of understandong of what global warming is and could do.
Maybe we should all do a little bit of two-sided research.
I wouldn't consider myself neurotic, but I think we are currently treating our planet like crap. I try and do my part when I can. We recycle every bit of trash we can. I live in a small town, so no curbside recycling pick-up here. I don't want any of my plastic to end up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. If you're not familiar with what that is, google it. I find it disturbing. I buy environmentally friendly products when I can. God gave us a beautiful planet, and I'm not going to take part in trashing his creation.
Post a Comment