This is an experiment to see how honest people can be if they don't have to identify themselves. Some silly, some deep, but all require honesty.
Monday, April 13, 2009
How did you do on your Lent commitment? Did you make the full 46 days?
How do you feel about your experience and do you feel it made any lasting impact?
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How did you do on your Lent commitment? Did not participate in Lent. But being a Christian I have given up my sinful life.
Did you make the full 46 days? Yes I'm not dead.
How do you feel about your experience and do you feel it made any lasting impact? The last 46 days have been good days.
I gave up a food that I felt I had an addiction to. I ate it whenever I could and lots of it.
I resisted it the entire time and feel a great sense of success and gratitude. I have learned that I am not addicted to that food and after a few days I even lost my craving for it.
I plan to eat it with caution and use it as a treat.
I gave up gossip websites- People, US, Prez Hilton, ect. I lasted the full 46 days. Somedays I was bored and wanted to look at the pictures, but I didn't.
i always love and hate when i observe the Lenten fasting season. it is so good for us to fast, but i have to carefully consider why i am doing the fast. Jesus went through hell for me, and i usually use this time to reflect on what He went through. sometimes i think i do it just so i can prove to myself that i can. i was successful and did not cheat. i am always aware that i did not have to do it, no one made me, but once decided, i think God holds me to my vow. i love how it makes me feel closer to Jesus, doing the 40 day thing. i so do not want to put ANYTHING before God. and i know i do. but anyway i do feel like it has helped me in my awareness of walking with God.
Oooops! I goofed - I thought it was only 40 days. However, I made it and I felt like it drew me closer to Jesus and that I do have the power WHEN HE is the reason.l
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
9 comments:
How did you do on your Lent commitment? Did not participate in Lent. But being a Christian I have given up my sinful life.
Did you make the full 46 days? Yes I'm not dead.
How do you feel about your experience and do you feel it made any lasting impact? The last 46 days have been good days.
I made it the full 46 days and I feel great. It did make a lasting impression and I saved our family quite a bit of money too.
Never celebrated lent here. Although if I were to "fast" from something it would probably be the internet :)
I gave up a food that I felt I had an addiction to. I ate it whenever I could and lots of it.
I resisted it the entire time and feel a great sense of success and gratitude. I have learned that I am not addicted to that food and after a few days I even lost my craving for it.
I plan to eat it with caution and use it as a treat.
The challenge was good for me.
I gave up gossip websites- People, US, Prez Hilton, ect. I lasted the full 46 days. Somedays I was bored and wanted to look at the pictures, but I didn't.
Not sure when Lent started so made no plans. I do need to go back to not drinking pop again though.
i always love and hate when i observe the Lenten fasting season. it is so good for us to fast, but i have to carefully consider why i am doing the fast. Jesus went through hell for me, and i usually use this time to reflect on what He went through. sometimes i think i do it just so i can prove to myself that i can. i was successful and did not cheat. i am always aware that i did not have to do it, no one made me, but once decided, i think God holds me to my vow. i love how it makes me feel closer to Jesus, doing the 40 day thing. i so do not want to put ANYTHING before God. and i know i do. but anyway i do feel like it has helped me in my awareness of walking with God.
Oooops! I goofed - I thought it was only 40 days. However, I made it and I felt like it drew me closer to Jesus and that I do have the power WHEN HE is the reason.l
Post a Comment