I think that the Biblical examples all show that people around understood what the person speaking in tounges was saying. That doesn't seem to be the case today.
Speaking in tongues means speaking in a way or in a language that is not normally understood by the speaker or the listeners. The bible mentions two types of speaking in tongues:
On the day of Pentecost Jesus' apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other tongues. Those who heard this speech each heard it in his own language, even though they were from many different countries (Acts 2:1-13). Even though the apostles were speaking in an unknown language, the listeners were able to understand, each in his own language. Speaking in an ecstatic language was common among members of the early Christian churches, but no one could understand this form of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:2). Sometimes the speaker or another person would interpret the meaning. Both cases were the work of the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul classified speaking in tongues as just one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:6-11). Paul was thankful for his own gift of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18-19). But Paul told his churches that it was better practiced in private than in church, unless someone could interpret the ecstatic speech (1 Corinthians 14:23, 27-28). The gift of speaking in tongues was less important than the gifts of prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:2-5) and love (1 Corinthians 13:1). Nevertheless, speaking in tongues should not be forbidden (1 Corinthians 14:39).
Several other New Testament passages point to speaking in tongues as evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:4-6).
Speaking in tongues is evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit, but it is not essential for salvation and eternal life.
I think the miracle of tongues in the Bible was on the ear rather than on the "tongue"...being able to understand in your language what someone is saying in their language.
Speaking in tongues, physical healing, prophesy, all of the "miraculous gifts" of the Holy Spirit served one purpose and one purpose alone. That WAS to show the authority by which Jesus and his apostles taught. We no longer need that evidence of their authority since we have available to us the inspired Word of God. We have the wholw truth to read and live by.
Paul also said in 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
The words written in scripture can never have the same meaning for us that they had for those they were specifically written for. We can take the same truths and patterns for Godliness and righteousness from these writings as they did, but we cannot place ourselves in their positions in life and history for these writings to have the same context. It is one of the things that is so amazing to me about the Bible -- that something personal, written to the church 2000 years ago can still hold such valuable, pertinent truths which affect us today. The Bible is all the authority we need to know that our leaders are speaking the truth. Miraculous gifts have no purpose in our Brotherhood to God today.
9:10 I agree 100%, couldn't have said it better myself.
Tongues were understood by all people even though they couldn't understand eachother. In the churches that still believe in tongues today, not everyone understands what is said. I have been to churches like that and sometimes they do have a 'translator' but most of the time they don't. It was done away with long ago because it served it's purpose. Same as healing, man can not heal someone today by laying hands on him, etc. It was done away with, read the scriptures. Why do you still believe it and if it says why it was used and why it was done away with?
Come on, people, why do we have to be so hateful on here? There is nothing wrong with expressing a difference of opinion or belief.
I personally do not believe in speaking in tongues. As stated above, I believe that gift is no longer necessary. But I would be open to hearing from someone who does believe it and has experienced it. How does it work? What benefit is it?
And to the person who brought up healing, I have to say I also do not believe that we have the power to heal, or bring someone back from the dead. God has the power to heal. I believe He uses medicine and divine intervention but I am leery of someone who says they can heal. Why didn't they heal my family member? Why do people get sick and die if we have the ability to heal them?
1:47, Exactly!! I have a neighbor who was 'healed' by his family laying their hands on him. He is also an alcoholic, no good thiever! Sorry, but true! My mom and dad were killed in a car accident, where were those 'healers' then? I guess they can only heal the common cold with rest, a humidifier, some meds and their hands on them ;)
But, back to the topic. Everyone that says No they don't believe in speaking in tongues is giving scripture and reason. Why are those that do believe in it not giving us anything? Scriptures that say to still do it? What good would it do today? We don't have interpreters so you just look like a fool and no one knows what you are trying to say. Why not just preach in a lanuguage everyone can understand?
those are valid points 1:27 questions i cannot answer. i am coc, but i have known people who can prophesy, speak in tongues, and i am a healer. i have healed several people in a group and severla people on my own with the Spirits help. i am not crazy, i was not raised charismatically(?). but i am learning that the power of the Holy Spirit is something we have ignored for too long, and we need to open our hearts and our minds to Him and the gifts He will willingly give us. Strange to the more conservative way of thinking, but if you will be intellectually honest, and do some digging you might be surprised what you could learn.:)
if you read my comments you will see i gave the credit to the Spirit. please do not be so judgemental on this blog, you don't need to feel like attacking every opinion but your own. i am not asking you to believe as i do, only listen to the path God is leading me down.
Jesus told us to lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. - These signs shall follow he who believes - you shall cast out demons, you shall speak in new tongues...
My heart is broken that so many of you on here will never experience the supernatural power of God.
God wants us to continue the works of Jesus.
YES there are healing powers in our hands! Again, Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
I pray that God will open the eyes of our hearts that we may be open to ALL the gifts he has for us!
I just came from a church service last night where a 7 year old boy gave testimony of God healing him for deafness.
He was born deaf. His parents were standing and beleiving that God could heal him. The little boy and his parents would pray every night for God to heal his ears.
In August at a church service - the pastor laid hands on him. Moments later the boy removed his hearing aids and handed them to his mother saying, "Mommy, I don't need these anymore. Jesus has healed my ears!"
He has perfect hearing!
You can't tell me that God doesn't heal and that the laying on of hands is not for today! You can't tell that little boy that either.
How did you discover you are a healer or can speak in tongues? How do you know who you can heal? Do you offer this service to anyone or are you somehow selective?
Please do not read judgment in my questions. I am earnestly seeking answers.
i cannot speak in tongues, or i never have. not long ago (3 yrs), i was in a crisis with my faith and my journey. i asked God what He wanted with me, what was my purpose, if He wanted me at all. My hands started tingling and burned almost hot. the idea was planted in my heart you are a healer. i went and told my husband and we prayed. several monthes later we were introduced into a group of other broken people who prayed together regularly. people come from all around to pray, to get rid of hatred and resentment and hurt, and to be healed. we met with them and learned from them. with the Spirit's guidance i was able to heal people who had come for help. also people who came to me at work. i fast and pray for guidance and i really do not have answeres, except this did happen, and when someone asks, i can usually help them.
Tongues Speaking in tounges is not some hocus-pocus thing. It is actually something that is beautiful at times.
To me, my "tounges" is my prayer language - something I do in private. When I was at a church serivce the Pastor ask if there were those who would like to receive the Holy Spirit.
I prayed that night and received the Holy Spirit. I felt the Lord there - like hair standing on end with goose bumps. I did not speak in tounges that night. It was months later. I was in battle for something health wise with my son. I called my friend and she said to pray in the Spirit (AKA tongues). I said I never had. She said it was in me because I had the Holy Sprit and I just needed to ask God to reveal it to me. So, in prayer, I pressed into God like never before- I was praying in english and then some strange words came out - nothing fancy and it was only two or three words.
The next thing I knew I had the answer in my mind/heart of what to do to help my son- it was EXACTLY what I needed to do to help him get well.
Just ask the Lord. Tell Him you want to receive the Holy Spirit and all of the gifts of the Spirit. Ask and you shall receive.
My husband received his prayer language at a worship concert.
Here is a link about it: http://www.kcm.org/index.php?p=real_help_content&id=3
Healing I know that I can heal because the Word of God says I can - "Jesus commissioned the Church to do the will of God. He told His disciples to go in His Name and do the things He had been doing: Cast out the devil. Lay hands on the sick, and they will recover (Mark 16:15-18)."
If laying hands on people for healing is something you desire to give, you need to get the healing scriptures in you heart. Ask God to show you what to pray. There are lots of healing books out there. I like "The Annointing for Healing" by Melanie Hemry and you can always find healing mini-books at Mardel. Here is a webiste that also has healing scriptures:http://www.kcm.org/real/index.php?p=real_help_topic&id=5
Who do I Pray for? I will pray for anyone who will let me. If I see someone in the store and I feel like the Lord is saying to pray for them - I will ask them if I can pray for them. If someone asks or is willing I will always give/pray the Word over them. When I pray for people, I pray quietly in tongues - I don't want to freak them out!
I still agree with 9:10 and agree those that speak in tongues or believe they can heal are crazy. Sorry, but my opinion.
My son died of cancer, do you not think I tried everything possible to save him! Why are some 'healed' and some not then? We did so much praying that God would heal him and that God would show us the way. Well guess what... nothing! No healing, no feeling of where to go or how to do it. Nothing! My son passed and I felt all of those feelings. I believe God is with me and walks with me and guides me. But I also believe he gives me 2 feet to stand on and a voice to teach with. I will never understand tongues or 'healing'. Nor do I have any interest in learning it!
we are all on a journey to learn more about God and to learn His truth. not one person has everything right, but this i know, He will always love us, He gave Jesus to die for us, and His grace is sufficient of us all.
I believe that speaking in tongues as the apostles did on the day of Pentecost means that you are given the ability to speak in a language you don't know.
For instance, I have been in a Latin American country and was able to speak Spanish far above my own abilities. I credit God giving me the gift of tongues in that instance. Did other factors contribute to that, yes. But I think the main reason I could speak it so well was that the Holy Spirit gave me that gift. It was within the "rules" given in 1 Corinthians 14 (people could understand it and it could be interpreted).
I do not believe that speaking in tongues means you speak in a "heavenly" language that only God understands. Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for edifying believers and testifying the Glory of God to unbelievers.
I believe for what I have read in the Bible, that people spoke in tongues in the NT in the church's infancy. There was no Bible, and it was necessary for church growth. The word used in Greek means languages, and since there were so many people from diverse places at the day of Pentacost, speaking in tongues was necessary. I worked in missions where an interpretor was necessary, because the people did not know English. I believe that some people think this is a private prayer language, and if you wish to use this in private, God knows the inner workings of you heart, so it is between you and God...no judgment by me.
The problem is that speaking is taught in churches in sunday school. I went to many churches as a kid and when I was in High School, more than one youth minister would ask us to try our special pray language and speak in tongues. Then they would ask some other kid to interpret. It was so goofy and at that time I believed in speaking in tongues. I had not read and studied God's Word enough. You should not have to practice or teach it if it was given by God. I think often times we want something unknown and exciting when it comes to our religous experience, and this is one way to make worship about us instead of about God. His word is truth and sufficient for me. Studying and ask why there is a need? Not because of your feelings, really look at the scriptures and you will find the truth. Moreover, what are you using tongues for?
Yes, speaking in tongues (and all the Gifts of the Spirit) are for today! Jesus left this earth to atone for our sins and so that we could receive the Holy Spirit, so we can minister in the power of the Spirit. When we witness supernatural events in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are witnessing the Kingdom of God touching earth! The reason many do not believe that the Spirit is active today is that they have not seen the evidence for themselves.
If you speak in toungues to yourself in your prayer time, power to you! I don't feel it helpful in worship if it is not translated and we don't understand it. Why say something people don't understand out loud? What good does it do? Not to offend, but this is what I question.
Healing, to the lady that says she can heal, I believe her. I feel she prays a tremendous amount and meets with many people. God heals and does miracles today...through people and medicine. So she is someone God can work through. However, I doubt she has 100% cure rate! I don't believe anyone who says they can heal and make it sound 100%. I think we should pray and lay our hands on people and ask God for a miracle, but sometimes he has a different plan.
Most of these questions are now submitted. Please feel free to submit your question and see how others feel. Email me here with a subject line of "Anonymous Truth"
37 comments:
I don't believe in it and I don't do it. But that doesn't mean that it is wrong.
It happened in the bible...yes. Now days? No.
I think that the Biblical examples all show that people around understood what the person speaking in tounges was saying. That doesn't seem to be the case today.
People speak in tongues as part of an ecstatic experience. Is it from the Holy Spirit?
I think not.
Does it provide special communication to God? I think not.
Are those who make such claims in error? I think so.
Yes. Yes I do.
If you say that it was for "Bible Days" and not today....then the same would be true for healing.
Jesus said greater works shall you do!
Everything that is in the Bible is for us TODAY as well!
Speaking in tongues means speaking in a way or in a language that is not normally understood by the speaker or the listeners. The bible mentions two types of speaking in tongues:
On the day of Pentecost Jesus' apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other tongues. Those who heard this speech each heard it in his own language, even though they were from many different countries (Acts 2:1-13). Even though the apostles were speaking in an unknown language, the listeners were able to understand, each in his own language.
Speaking in an ecstatic language was common among members of the early Christian churches, but no one could understand this form of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:2). Sometimes the speaker or another person would interpret the meaning.
Both cases were the work of the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul classified speaking in tongues as just one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:6-11). Paul was thankful for his own gift of speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18-19). But Paul told his churches that it was better practiced in private than in church, unless someone could interpret the ecstatic speech (1 Corinthians 14:23, 27-28). The gift of speaking in tongues was less important than the gifts of prophecy (1 Corinthians 14:2-5) and love (1 Corinthians 13:1). Nevertheless, speaking in tongues should not be forbidden (1 Corinthians 14:39).
Several other New Testament passages point to speaking in tongues as evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:17, Acts 10:44-46, Acts 19:4-6).
Speaking in tongues is evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit, but it is not essential for salvation and eternal life.
I think the miracle of tongues in the Bible was on the ear rather than on the "tongue"...being able to understand in your language what someone is saying in their language.
Speaking in tongues, physical healing, prophesy, all of the "miraculous gifts" of the Holy Spirit served one purpose and one purpose alone. That WAS to show the authority by which Jesus and his apostles taught. We no longer need that evidence of their authority since we have available to us the inspired Word of God. We have the wholw truth to read and live by.
Paul also said in 1 Corinthians 13:8-13
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
The words written in scripture can never have the same meaning for us that they had for those they were specifically written for. We can take the same truths and patterns for Godliness and righteousness from these writings as they did, but we cannot place ourselves in their positions in life and history for these writings to have the same context. It is one of the things that is so amazing to me about the Bible -- that something personal, written to the church 2000 years ago can still hold such valuable, pertinent truths which affect us today. The Bible is all the authority we need to know that our leaders are speaking the truth. Miraculous gifts have no purpose in our Brotherhood to God today.
9:10 I agree 100%, couldn't have said it better myself.
Tongues were understood by all people even though they couldn't understand eachother. In the churches that still believe in tongues today, not everyone understands what is said. I have been to churches like that and sometimes they do have a 'translator' but most of the time they don't. It was done away with long ago because it served it's purpose. Same as healing, man can not heal someone today by laying hands on him, etc. It was done away with, read the scriptures. Why do you still believe it and if it says why it was used and why it was done away with?
Bible Times - Yes
Now - No
yes I believe in it...if your crazy!!!
yes, i do (and I am cofC...gasp).
Yes, I do, and 12:22 I am sure their are things you believe that could classify you as crazy too!
Come on, people, why do we have to be so hateful on here? There is nothing wrong with expressing a difference of opinion or belief.
I personally do not believe in speaking in tongues. As stated above, I believe that gift is no longer necessary. But I would be open to hearing from someone who does believe it and has experienced it. How does it work? What benefit is it?
And to the person who brought up healing, I have to say I also do not believe that we have the power to heal, or bring someone back from the dead. God has the power to heal. I believe He uses medicine and divine intervention but I am leery of someone who says they can heal. Why didn't they heal my family member? Why do people get sick and die if we have the ability to heal them?
1:47, Exactly!! I have a neighbor who was 'healed' by his family laying their hands on him. He is also an alcoholic, no good thiever! Sorry, but true! My mom and dad were killed in a car accident, where were those 'healers' then? I guess they can only heal the common cold with rest, a humidifier, some meds and their hands on them ;)
But, back to the topic. Everyone that says No they don't believe in speaking in tongues is giving scripture and reason. Why are those that do believe in it not giving us anything? Scriptures that say to still do it? What good would it do today? We don't have interpreters so you just look like a fool and no one knows what you are trying to say. Why not just preach in a lanuguage everyone can understand?
those are valid points 1:27 questions i cannot answer. i am coc, but i have known people who can prophesy, speak in tongues, and i am a healer. i have healed several people in a group and severla people on my own with the Spirits help. i am not crazy, i was not raised charismatically(?). but i am learning that the power of the Holy Spirit is something we have ignored for too long, and we need to open our hearts and our minds to Him and the gifts He will willingly give us. Strange to the more conservative way of thinking, but if you will be intellectually honest, and do some digging you might be surprised what you could learn.:)
you're not a healer, God is the only healer.
if you read my comments you will see i gave the credit to the Spirit. please do not be so judgemental on this blog, you don't need to feel like attacking every opinion but your own. i am not asking you to believe as i do, only listen to the path God is leading me down.
Jesus told us to lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. - These signs shall follow he who believes - you shall cast out demons, you shall speak in new tongues...
My heart is broken that so many of you on here will never experience the supernatural power of God.
God wants us to continue the works of Jesus.
YES there are healing powers in our hands! Again, Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
I pray that God will open the eyes of our hearts that we may be open to ALL the gifts he has for us!
3:07pm - You can pray for me any time!!!!
thank you 3:27, i will, and i hope you will pray for me too.
I just came from a church service last night where a 7 year old boy gave testimony of God healing him for deafness.
He was born deaf. His parents were standing and beleiving that God could heal him. The little boy and his parents would pray every night for God to heal his ears.
In August at a church service - the pastor laid hands on him. Moments later the boy removed his hearing aids and handed them to his mother saying, "Mommy, I don't need these anymore. Jesus has healed my ears!"
He has perfect hearing!
You can't tell me that God doesn't heal and that the laying on of hands is not for today! You can't tell that little boy that either.
As uncomfortable as it might make me or others around me, I want to experience daily the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the Supernatural power of God!
I will not let religion hold me back!
How did you discover you are a healer or can speak in tongues?
How do you know who you can heal?
Do you offer this service to anyone or are you somehow selective?
Please do not read judgment in my questions. I am earnestly seeking answers.
i cannot speak in tongues, or i never have. not long ago (3 yrs), i was in a crisis with my faith and my journey. i asked God what He wanted with me, what was my purpose, if He wanted me at all. My hands started tingling and burned almost hot. the idea was planted in my heart you are a healer. i went and told my husband and we prayed. several monthes later we were introduced into a group of other broken people who prayed together regularly. people come from all around to pray, to get rid of hatred and resentment and hurt, and to be healed. we met with them and learned from them. with the Spirit's guidance i was able to heal people who had come for help. also people who came to me at work. i fast and pray for guidance and i really do not have answeres, except this did happen, and when someone asks, i can usually help them.
Tongues
Speaking in tounges is not some hocus-pocus thing. It is actually something that is beautiful at times.
To me, my "tounges" is my prayer language - something I do in private. When I was at a church serivce the Pastor ask if there were those who would like to receive the Holy Spirit.
I prayed that night and received the Holy Spirit. I felt the Lord there - like hair standing on end with goose bumps. I did not speak in tounges that night. It was months later. I was in battle for something health wise with my son. I called my friend and she said to pray in the Spirit (AKA tongues). I said I never had. She said it was in me because I had the Holy Sprit and I just needed to ask God to reveal it to me. So, in prayer, I pressed into God like never before- I was praying in english and then some strange words came out - nothing fancy and it was only two or three words.
The next thing I knew I had the answer in my mind/heart of what to do to help my son- it was EXACTLY what I needed to do to help him get well.
Just ask the Lord. Tell Him you want to receive the Holy Spirit and all of the gifts of the Spirit. Ask and you shall receive.
My husband received his prayer language at a worship concert.
Here is a link about it:
http://www.kcm.org/index.php?p=real_help_content&id=3
Healing
I know that I can heal because the Word of God says I can - "Jesus commissioned the Church to do the will of God. He told His disciples to go in His Name and do the things He had been doing: Cast out the devil. Lay hands on the sick, and they will recover (Mark 16:15-18)."
If laying hands on people for healing is something you desire to give, you need to get the healing scriptures in you heart. Ask God to show you what to pray. There are lots of healing books out there. I like "The Annointing for Healing" by Melanie Hemry and you can always find healing mini-books at Mardel. Here is a webiste that also has healing scriptures:http://www.kcm.org/real/index.php?p=real_help_topic&id=5
Who do I Pray for?
I will pray for anyone who will let me. If I see someone in the store and I feel like the Lord is saying to pray for them - I will ask them if I can pray for them. If someone asks or is willing I will always give/pray the Word over them. When I pray for people, I pray quietly in tongues - I don't want to freak them out!
Sorry, I don't have time to spell check or edit.
I hope that helps.
Can someone tell me what speaking in tounges sounds like?
Read 9:10 again. They have it right.
I still agree with 9:10 and agree those that speak in tongues or believe they can heal are crazy. Sorry, but my opinion.
My son died of cancer, do you not think I tried everything possible to save him! Why are some 'healed' and some not then? We did so much praying that God would heal him and that God would show us the way. Well guess what... nothing! No healing, no feeling of where to go or how to do it. Nothing! My son passed and I felt all of those feelings. I believe God is with me and walks with me and guides me. But I also believe he gives me 2 feet to stand on and a voice to teach with. I will never understand tongues or 'healing'. Nor do I have any interest in learning it!
I am sorry about your son.
We will never know why some people receive healing and some don't. We can one day find out.
God does still miraculous heal today! I have heard way to many testimonies.
9:10 does not have it right.
we are all on a journey to learn more about God and to learn His truth. not one person has everything right, but this i know, He will always love us, He gave Jesus to die for us, and His grace is sufficient of us all.
Amen!
I believe that speaking in tongues as the apostles did on the day of Pentecost means that you are given the ability to speak in a language you don't know.
For instance, I have been in a Latin American country and was able to speak Spanish far above my own abilities. I credit God giving me the gift of tongues in that instance. Did other factors contribute to that, yes. But I think the main reason I could speak it so well was that the Holy Spirit gave me that gift. It was within the "rules" given in 1 Corinthians 14 (people could understand it and it could be interpreted).
I do not believe that speaking in tongues means you speak in a "heavenly" language that only God understands. Gifts of the Holy Spirit are for edifying believers and testifying the Glory of God to unbelievers.
I believe for what I have read in the Bible, that people spoke in tongues in the NT in the church's infancy. There was no Bible, and it was necessary for church growth. The word used in Greek means languages, and since there were so many people from diverse places at the day of Pentacost, speaking in tongues was necessary. I worked in missions where an interpretor was necessary, because the people did not know English. I believe that some people think this is a private prayer language, and if you wish to use this in private, God knows the inner workings of you heart, so it is between you and God...no judgment by me.
The problem is that speaking is taught in churches in sunday school. I went to many churches as a kid and when I was in High School, more than one youth minister would ask us to try our special pray language and speak in tongues. Then they would ask some other kid to interpret. It was so goofy and at that time I believed in speaking in tongues. I had not read and studied God's Word enough. You should not have to practice or teach it if it was given by God. I think often times we want something unknown and exciting when it comes to our religous experience, and this is one way to make worship about us instead of about God. His word is truth and sufficient for me. Studying and ask why there is a need? Not because of your feelings, really look at the scriptures and you will find the truth. Moreover, what are you using tongues for?
Yes, speaking in tongues (and all the Gifts of the Spirit) are for today! Jesus left this earth to atone for our sins and so that we could receive the Holy Spirit, so we can minister in the power of the Spirit. When we witness supernatural events in the power of the Holy Spirit, we are witnessing the Kingdom of God touching earth! The reason many do not believe that the Spirit is active today is that they have not seen the evidence for themselves.
If you speak in toungues to yourself in your prayer time, power to you! I don't feel it helpful in worship if it is not translated and we don't understand it. Why say something people don't understand out loud? What good does it do? Not to offend, but this is what I question.
Healing, to the lady that says she can heal, I believe her. I feel she prays a tremendous amount and meets with many people. God heals and does miracles today...through people and medicine. So she is someone God can work through. However, I doubt she has 100% cure rate! I don't believe anyone who says they can heal and make it sound 100%. I think we should pray and lay our hands on people and ask God for a miracle, but sometimes he has a different plan.
Post a Comment