Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What do you consider your most prized object?

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is meant buy "prize"?

Everything I have belongs to God and is from him. The first thing that comes to mind as an object is a big one, my house. Since it came from God I should be taking better care of it than I do. On a smaller scale my sewing machine means a lot to me. Also I hold family photos close to my heart.

Add on question.
If your house was on fire what would you grab?

Anonymous said...

I have a few.

Our home, it's huge, gorgeous and we built it with our own two hands as a family;

our family photo albums, most of my immediate family has passed away so the pictures really mean alot to me;

My mom's Bible, she passed away and the Bible was her most prized possesion, it's so worn and tattered but I love it more than any other Bible! I think this would be #1 though!

My grandfathers first Dealer tags from the 60's. My great great grandmothers big yellow bowl she used to make everything in. My grandmothers cross that hung on the wall when I was little. Tons of things I wouldn't trade for the world!! But, I think the Bible would be number one, I use it every day and miss her like crazy. I love seeing all the notes in her hand writing and the papers and book marks we made as kids in it too!

Anonymous said...

Other than the obvious of my huband and kids being my prized posessions/objects, the things that I love the most and would grab if my house was on fire would be my wedding album and the kids baby books.

Anonymous said...

There is not anything I own I would consider "prized." With the exception of pictures, which I believe everyone might hold dear because they cannot be replaced, I can't think of anything that holds that kind of value to me personally.

Anonymous said...

If my house were on fire, I would probably just grab my daughter and my dog and get out, but if I had time to grab something else, it would probably be my computer. It has every picture I have ever taken of my child saved on it.

Anonymous said...

ny wedding ring,but since i wear it all the time, if my house was on fire, i would grab my stupid dog and get out.

Anonymous said...

My kids and my hubby.

Anonymous said...

my wedding ring - if your talking monetary value

Anonymous said...

The picture of me and my sister. She died right after I was born so there is only one picture of the two of us taken right after I came home from the hospital.

Anonymous said...

I would have to grab my scrapbooks and video tapes of the kids. We keep talking about getting a fire proof safe but haven't. I do keep a CD of all of our digital pictures at my parents house but it was still soooo much work it would be sad for it to be ruined.

Anonymous said...

Object...that word connotates a material belonging. In that case I couldn't say my spouse or child(ren). I would have to say my house.

Anonymous said...

People are NOT objects.

My Bible and my wedding ring, both gifts from my husband.

Anonymous said...

I'd grab my collection of oriental adult magazins and, my dog. then maybe my wife and kid.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I just found this blog and I'm sadly addicted yet repulsed. I'm 24 and believe almost everyone posting is older than myself. Why do I feel like I'm in a highschool chatroom? We all interpret the question differently. Who cares if someone says their family. Maybe they don't really have anything else that matters to them. Can we seriously not make a comment without attacking? Reading the SAH mom/working mom one made me want to hurl(I made the last post on that one).

It is so interesting to have a blog where we can see others opinions. It is to hear how others think, learn different perspectives, etc. NOT ATTACK. Instead of saying people are crap or idiots for the way they think...just use your own personal story to maybe encourage a different way of thinking. I mean, today's is not getting too crazy but who cares if we don't answer exactly the way you think we should.

Anonymous said...

Oops i'm april6 2:40 (not the last one- On SAH) Not that it matters...just thought I'd correct myself!

Anonymous said...

A piece of jewelry my father gave to my mother that became mine when she died.

Anonymous said...

my MAGIC WAND! ; )

(If you missed that day it was a good one!!!)

Anonymous said...

Miss 1:08....

There are all ages that stop by and drop comments on this blog. There are people younger than you, and people MUCH OLDER! You’ll learn (as you get older) that people don’t change. People who “attack” others with words always will! The don’t grow out of it, and unfortunately it can get worse.

So…welcome to this blog, but each day there is a chance someone will say something you don’t like! Responding is your choice!

Anonymous said...

let me also say welcome, and keep in mind while some comments may be meant in a harsh way, it is very easy to read harshness into words that were not meant to sound that way. lots of people have strong opinons, yet do not mean to be hurtful.

Anonymous said...

Really I could live without all of my objects. What is precious to me is my family and my faith. They are priceless.
Honestly, the fire question - I do really like my Gucci :), but I think I would grab my family first.

Anonymous said...

Your momma's tea pot!

gasbeter

Anonymous said...

family first (although they are not objects), photos and MY PURSE, not for the purse itsef, but it is such a pain to have to get a new drivers license, credit cards etc. That is one extra hassle I would like to avoid after a fire.

Anonymous said...

I have a necklace that was made from the diamond in my grandma's engagement ring. My grandpa died when I was in high school but when I see the necklace, I imagine back to when he was young and shopping for the ring, so in love. A different time. The whole future ahead of him. I have a box of notes my husband wrote me when we were dating that I cherish. Not our wedding album. It was a well meant hairstyle gone awry. After reading this, I am now making plans to store that box and my laptop right next to the front door...unless the fire starts downstairs. Hmmmm. And my hard drive with all my pictures. Eh, we will just be careful with matches. To much planning makes my head hurt.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed how little we would grab (material things) which makes me wonder....do we really need all this "stuff" we keep collecting?

Anonymous said...

I could live without it all. I just need my man and my kids.

Anonymous said...

can't take our stuff with us when we go. don't want to lay up treasures on earth, but i sure am a pack rat!!