Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Do you notice if you buy American Made vs China Made? What do you think happened to buy American Made and Made in America.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I don't enough notice where items are made. I need to start paying more attention. I buy American made cars.

Anonymous said...

I look at every label and tag. Our military superiority will not prevent economic sabotage. When foreign governments heavily subsidize their merchandize and place high tariffs on our goods we are at an economic disadvantage. Every dollar sent to China is another dollar contributed to our own downfall.

Anonymous said...

I know that most of the items that I buy are not American made. I don't do this on purpose but it just seems that everything these days is not made here in the good old USA.

Anonymous said...

I don't notice. I buy the best value for my money. I probably should pay closer attention, but at the same time I'm on a VERY tight budget and that my primary concern at the moment.

Anonymous said...

I think American made things are crap. The best cars are from overseas...the best food...better quality. Think about it...what happed to the Jaguar when Ford bought it from the people in England? It got cheap....it doesn't run as well as it used to.

So maybe it contributes to our "downfall". So maybe it is our fault? Maybe America is getting a bit of what we have done to other countries for decades.

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't pay attention. I do know that my husband won't buy American made cars. He said his childhood was full of American cars that were always in the shop! I'm sure times have changed...but he's too scarred!

Anonymous said...

The thing you have to remember is just because something may be "foreign" made that doesn't mean that American jobs don't depend on it. For instance Hondas, there are American run Honda dealerships, factories, service centers etc. So it's not that simple. We live in a global economy and everything is interconnected now. I do think people should try and support local businesses and farmers whenever possible. But plenty of hardworking Americans jobs are considered "foreign" by some of you.

Anonymous said...

As far as cars go, I only buy Chevrolet. There are 5 sitting in the driveway that run better than any other vehicle I've seen. Most with 200,000+ miles on them too!

When I go to the stores I do notice where it is made and try to support our local communities. I buy from our local growers. I get my milk, eggs, fruits and veggies there. We raise all of our own meats.

I am so sick of all these recalls on kids toys! I got rid of at least 1/2 of my kids toys. The stuff left is things I know are ok for them. I have made it a point to not buy anything but american made. I think I have done a really good job of it. If everyone would try to buy more american made, we would have more available jobs and maybe we wouldn't have near the amount of recalls, salmonella, etc!!!

Anonymous said...

I get aggravated when people don't buy American made.

Don't complain when there are no jobs in America!

If we don't support American made, who is?!? China? I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

We would have to give up *gasp* WalMart if we were really concerned about a commitment to American Made.