Friday, February 27, 2009

Reader Rally

The first one here leave a question in the comment section. The rest of us will answer YOUR question. Just keep in mind the goal of this blog. Make people think and be honest with themselves. I look forward to seeing what you are curious about.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given an either/or choice: is you religion faith-based or fact-based? Why?

Anonymous said...

I would have to say Faith. Faith is a choice based on the facts.

Anonymous said...

faith. of course it was once fact based and i still have the facts. but as i have matured my faith has too. now it is about love. love of jesus and his amazig sacrifice. and love for him gives me a deeper faith in him

Anonymous said...

Faith. With so many versions of the Bible, I choose to believe what fits my faith

Anonymous said...

Faith, based on facts. For many years it was my parents faith, but after seaching it became my own. Facts are easy for me - and I have learned that "matters of opinion" are mine to sort our.

Anonymous said...

That's a hard one. For me, on the one hand, it started out fact based. I was not one of the lucky ones that was raised in a church. I had to study and read a lot. I had to learn everything that the youngsters were also being taught. I guess I really just needed to go to nursery school at age 20. LOL!

But, on the other hand, it was faith based bc I felt like I needed it. It was a missing piece to my life and I was determined to go find it.

Anonymous said...

Mine is faith based. I know it's a piece missing in my life and am trying to find my way.
I am a lot like the previous poster. I wasn't raised in the church, and didn't go with my family until I was in middle school, and at that point, I didn't know the stories of the Bible. The teachers would call on people and I wouldn't know the answers. It gave me a very sick feeling and I was embarrassed. I didn't attend church for a long while.
Churches definitely need a 'newcomers' class for people that weren't raised in a church and need to learn the stories. It would be helpful.

Anonymous said...

faith, i have always felt that God had a personal interest in me. i have not always been close to Him, but i have always been aware of His actions in my life. i was not raised in a church either, but was taken occasionally and maybe that helped my faith all the more. in Hebrews the scriptures say without faith it is impossible to please God

Anonymous said...

Mine is a "child-like faith". I don't know everyting, but I trust God. Any Word I find in the bible is easy for me to believe because I don't have a history of RELIGION to tell me differently.

Anonymous said...

Not everything in the Bible is black & white therefore, I don't really think it could be FACT based. God gives us some room to choose the way we believe about certain topics. I am constantly seeking to find His truth and I walk by faith daily that his spirit will guide me.

Anonymous said...

9:04, I am the previous poster and totally agree about a 'newcomers' class! That would have been amazing to learn w/o having to read a kids bible to hurry and learn a few of the characters that the preacher was talking about! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you can have one without the other. I have faith that God is in control and when He acts I have facts.

Anonymous said...

In Romans it speaks to how God's divinity and eternal nature can be seen through what has been made so that no man has an excuse. For those who never heard of Jesus or God's love, but have faith that there is something bigger than ourselves. Is that sufficient or is faith alone not enough without the facts we have by way of God's word? I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the e-mail to work, but thought I would submit this through this post...
Ask about the Westborough Baptist Church's protests in Oklahoma on Monday. They are at the capitol building at 11 a.m. and Westmoore High School later today. What do people think about their message that God is punishing the US by killing soldiers and hitting Oklahoma with tornadoes.