Thursday, February 5, 2009

How old were you when you got married and why did you get married?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

22. I loved him and could see him as a life partner, we agreed on major life issues, etc.

Anonymous said...

21, to get out of my house. No, I love him and believe that God sent him my way to be my mate.

Anonymous said...

I was 20 and stupid, that's what I like to say. However we've been married for 10 years and we are each others best friends.

I was in love and thought that there was no one like him in the world. And, I was right.

Now, if my daughter tries to get married at 20, we'll have a problem!

Anonymous said...

22, he was my best friend and still is. We'd been together for 2 years and thought that after college would be a good time since we'd both be starting our adult lives, we might as well start them together!

Anonymous said...

We were both 24 and had just graduated college. We love each other more today than we did the day we married.

Anonymous said...

I was 20 and I was blinded by the "idea of being in love" and I am not sure I actually was.

Anonymous said...

22, I had waited to be married long enough and had just finished college.

Anonymous said...

27. He entered my life when I was seeking God's guidance on a critical decision. From our very first date, I knew that he was the person that God picked for me. After three months of dating, he broke my heart. Two years later, we were dating again, and ten years later we are still married. I still truly believe that he is the man God wants me to be with.

Anonymous said...

The weekend after my 18th birthday! I had a horrible home life and he was my knight in shining armor! I just wanted out at the time, but 10 years later, I love him more than I love my own life! He is a wonderful father and husband, I'm glad I said yes, despite cold feet!

Anonymous said...

25, I'd been living on my own for three years and had learned to be content and patient until God sent the right person into my life. I really believe he did. We've been married almost 6 years and I do love him more today than I did when I married him. I felt and still feel that my husband loves me as Christ loves the Church.

Anonymous said...

I was 24.

I loved him and knew he would be a good person to grow old with. Now, years later, I wonder if he feels like he settled. He treats me well and does love me, but I fear he second guesses his decision.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone out there that got married later in life? Maybe 27 and older????

Anonymous said...

I got married when I was 26

Anonymous said...

I got married at 19...almost 20! I met him my freshman year in college, got engaged the next summer, and married the next. We knew each other for almost 2 years before getting married, and thankfully came from Christian families with the same beliefs. We have been married for almost 12 years now, and are happier and happier as the years go by. I know I made a good decision, even though I was so young. I love him!

Anonymous said...

22. I was in love and finished with college. Next thing to do!! We'd been together 5 years before and 6 years since!

Anonymous said...

20- when first my eyes beheld her I loved her for a thousand years.


scensur

Anonymous said...

22- We'd been dating 6 years. I knew 4 months into it that I'd marry him. We've been married 10 years.
I love him, etc...

Anonymous said...

24, he was 23

We dated a long time, he says we got married because we had dated so long he didn't want to go through that again with someone else! He should write for Hallmark. ; )

Anonymous said...

21. He made me laugh and with him, I was free to be myself. I was in love.

Anonymous said...

19. He definitely raised my self esteem. We loved each other and have been together 25+ years.